Democrat Watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Democrat Watch

#1581  Postby Hermit » Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

laklak wrote:Uncle Joe accused of assault? Whahappen?

Reade describes herself as a "California-based victim rights advocate and activist" in her interview with the journalist Katie Halper, who has helped bring this accusation to light. Reade says she worked for Biden in the early 1990s and asserts that she was unambiguously assaulted by him in 1993. According to Reade, he began kissing her without her permission, pushed her against a wall, reached under her skirt, and penetrated her with his fingers.

"He said 'come on man, I heard you liked me,'" Reade recalled to Halper in the interview. "For me, it was like, everything shattered. I looked up to him, he was like my father's age, he was this champion of women's rights, in my eyes. I couldn't believe it was happening. It was surreal."

Reade had already complained to her bosses about sexual harassment in Biden's office—she said a supervisor had once asked her to serve drinks at an event because she had attractive legs—but had shared the more serious accusation against Biden with a few close confidants. She said she once tried to talk to a supervisor about what had happened, but this person shut her down before she could tell the whole story. She also said she filled out an official form detailing her assault, but does not know what became of it.

More here
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#1582  Postby laklak » Mar 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks, couldn't find anything about it.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#1583  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Hermit wrote:...
Like the Wikipedia is Newsguard now?

Wikipedia is citing the opinions of other organizations, each with its own bias and agenda.

Morton's Demon at play. This is exactly how Creationists convince themselves that their kooky little inbred sources are valid.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1584  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Herein lies the problem - the confirmation bias. Mike_L presents these links as if they hold credible merit when he may as well be citing what his mate Dave down the pub said. I imagine it's somewhat like what would occur if a North Korean were to come here to crow about Kim Jong-il as the greatest historical leader the world has ever seen, then cite sources from propaganda mills, the government, his son etc. without any apparent awareness of how it's all part of the same manufactured fiction. Just because someone else buys into absurd nonsense, that doesn't make it credible.

Dave says that your susceptibility to propagandizing by mainstream media is prob'ly because of all the heavy metals you were exposed to when you got your vaccinations.
:coffee:

(Yes, that one's a joke).

But it's serious too, right?

But only a joke, come on!

But true.

But don't take it personally, it's just a laugh.

But I meant it.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1585  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm

proudfootz wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Just a shame that your opinion on this, whether individually or together, doesn't count for shit. I am sure Hermit appreciates that and won't take any umbrage to this being pointed out, whereas you'll consider it a personal attack and Mike_L will witter about something RT wrote.

No one here has the depth of knowledge or legal background to be determining who is or isn't a war-criminal. It's all very emotive to call someone a criminal, but it's only suited to emotional arguments.

It's very likely true few of us here have the 'depth of knowledge' to comment on international relations, law, or politics.

Your opinion about alleged Russian meddling, Putin, or Joe Biden doesn't count for shit - just like everyone else's.

:cheers:

What opinion would that be, proudfootz? Even setting aside the spurious false equivalence, you seem desperate to strawman the fuck out of this. You really are going to need to work harder though considering my supposed 'opinion' was actually me asking a question about Biden's record with respect to Russia's meddling in the 2016 election; no actual opinion was offered. This is typical of the stupid manufactured gotcha shit you try.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1586  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 3:52 pm

OlivierK wrote:Not voting for Biden, either, is half a vote for Trump (although like all votes, if you're not in a swing state, it really doesn't count for shit, thanks to the winner-takes-all Electoral college system).

Also, you need to chill the fuck out about people "lying" about you. You've been asked a bunch of times if you plan to vote for Biden, and you've been nothing but evasive. Sure, you may have mentioned not voting for Trump a way back, but unless anyone remembers back that far, what they've had to go on is just a stream of you not answering the question, and slagging Biden.

It's great having a choice between two right-wing rapists for president, isn't it?

The lie about me was that I was going to vote for Trump. Do you think it's OK to lie about other people? Well, I suppose you have to if you support Biden.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1587  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:Fox News is against right-wingers?

No, but they do drivel a load of manufactured shite tossing out unsubstantiated allegations and slander against the boogeymen they've manufactured for uncritical consumption. They do love their hatred. You seem to be employing their methodology to a tee.

What "manufactured shite"? What "unsubstantiated allegations"? What "slander"?

The contents of your post: isn't it obvious that's what I am talking about?

No, you have to be more specific. I have said a lot of things.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Hatred? So when you attack Trump it's hatred, and therefore it is bad to attack Trump because attacking him makes you a hater?

When do I attack Trump? Any single instance you can cite? No? Try harder to distract.
Whataboutism. Whataboutism is a classic form of misdirection used in numerous political scenarios, but also with concern trolling.
Pretending Biden is a fascist, racist, war criminal is *really* exposing your petticoats.
Distract some more - no humans are going to buy into your obvious distractions, but perhaps some blue or green algae might be naive enough to.

Need I remind you that Biden not only voted for, but was a cheerleader for the Iraq war, and the Obama/Biden administration massively increased drone strikes against civilians, and lied to the American people about Afghanistan?

Anyway, are you saying that it's bad to attack Trump because attacking him makes one a hater?

There's no whataboutism here. What it is, is hypocrisy on your part.

But here, let meg give you a chance to come to Trump's defense. Because you are so against attacks and hate, right?

Donald Trump is a fascist psychopath who is completely incompetent, and a blatant liar, rapist, sexist and misogynist. He is unfit to run the country. He is a dangerous demagogue who will do and say anything to stroke his own ego and cling to power.

There. I attacked him. Now you must defend him, right?

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
I'd rather have someone who is not a right-wing racist, sexist asshole.

So that's Trump... but you seem ever so coy about answering whether you'd vote for him over Biden.

"That's Trump"? What do you mean by that?

I mean Trump is authoritarian right-wing, overtly racist - the most racist President by far that you've ever experienced, and creepily sexist, paying off prostitutes to keep quiet, feeling up women, and bragging about how he can abuse them.

And you're trying to put Biden into the same category... no, in fact, you're specifically calling Biden all these things when you know full fucking well that they are characteristics specific to Trump. Another whataboutism being played?

I'm still concerned that you are actively and blatantly lying about me.

Trump being slightly worse than Biden doesn't make Biden good.

And yes, Biden is a right-wing racist misogynist fuck. He also has multiple sexual assault allegations, including the woman who came out just the other day. But I guess #metoo is canceled.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you so desperate you feel compelled to lie about me?

Compelled to lie about you?

How about you cite a single fucking instance of me lying about you are retract your fucking nonsensical allegation that appears to be yet another distraction strategy?

You lied and claimed that I would vote for Trump. How Trumpian. Or should I say Bidenian?
Last edited by WayOfTheDodo on Mar 27, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1588  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 4:42 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:No, you have to be more specific. I have said a lot of things.

Indeed you have, and that's exactly what I was referring to: you saying a lot of things.

There's a gaping gulf between saying things and establishing that they're true.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Need I remind you that Biden not only voted for, but was a cheerleader for the Iraq war, and the Obama/Biden administration massively increased drone strikes against civilians, and lied to the American people about Afghanistan.

And?

This makes him a war criminal, does it?

Because as far as I am aware, that's not how war criminals are defined.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Anyway, are you saying that it's bad to attack Trump because attacking him makes one a hater?

No, stop making up things on behalf of other people that have fuck all to do with anything they've written.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:There's no whataboutism here. What it is, is hypocrisy on your part.

That's precisely what Whataboutism tries to pretend. Of course, you couldn't even begin to SHOW any hypocrisy - all you keep doing is making up positions for other people as a means of distracting from your refusal / inability to validate your own positions.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
I'm still concerned that you are actively and blatantly lying about me.

Then show where I am 'blatantly lying' about you because the fact you keep tossing this out just appears to be another convenient distraction.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Trump being slightly worse than Biden doesn't make Biden good.

1) I never suggested otherwise
2) Trump is not 'slightly worse' that Biden - he's a fucking daily train wreck that has destroyed your nation's institutions, seriously damaged your nation's credibility and standing in the world, fucked over the planet for another generation thanks to all his climate denial shenanigans, and thanks to his stunning ego and incessant political grandstanding has managed to turn the nation with one of the best healthcare systems in the world into the worst hit by the coronavirus. Factually, the list really does not end there; there are dozens of things he's done which have had terrible ramifications for your nation, and the idea that Biden is in the same ballpark as him is fatuous crap.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:And yes, Biden is a right-wing racist misogynist fuck.

And yes, slanderous assertions are fucking easy to make - watch how easy... you're a pedophile. See? Does that mean you're a pedophile? No? Then what would justify such an accusation? Evidence? Logic? Reason? Not just assertion... tell me you grasp this elementary factor of the entire point of this fucking webforum.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:He also has multiple sexual assault allegations, including the woman who came out just the other day. But I guess #metoo is canceled.

You guess #metoo is canceled, do you? Going to fill in the gaping hole in that little non-sequitur, or is it just another empty rhetorical flourish to go along with all the rest of the piss-poor argumentation you're offering?

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you so desperate you feel compelled to lie about me?

Compelled to lie about you?

How about you cite a single fucking instance of me lying about you are retract your fucking nonsensical allegation that appears to be yet another distraction strategy?

You lied and claimed that I would vote for Trump. How Trumpian.

I said CITE A SINGLE INSTANCE - not fucking assert it yet again.

Quote me saying that.

You know full fucking well that no one said you'd vote for Trump - rather, you were ASKED if you would vote for Trump over Biden, then you went into this protracted distraction tossing out every imaginable evasion you can manage rather than simply answering the direct question.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1589  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Caper wrote:I've been wondering about this and saw a Youtube comment seen below.
Is there anything to it?

("he" being B. Sanders)
"he’s already winning, they’re cheating him and he won’t say anything.
Look at the exit polls it’s obvious."

It's true that there were massive differences between exit polls and the final results. Up to 15-20%. What that means, I have no idea.

If this was a Latin-American country with a left-leaning or left-wing government, the US government would have overthrown its leaders already and replaced them with right-wing puppets, citing "electoral fraud, we needed to fix it".
Last edited by WayOfTheDodo on Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1590  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Hermit wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Hermit wrote:The frightfully stupid thing you said was:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:And what is "the right thing"? To help a right-winger to power ... ?

How could you miss it? It's the only thing I quoted in the post I described the thing you said as frightfully stupid. It's frightfully stupid because voting for Biden in November is not motivated by wanting to help a right-winger to power. It is motivated by wanting to help to remove a right wing extremist sociopath from power.

But voting for Biden does help a right-winger to power.

Trivially true. More substantially true is that, assuming the choice of the next president will be either Biden or Trump - everybody who does not vote for Biden in November helps an even more right wing sociopath retain power.

What will you do in November?

Spearthrower wrote:
Listen up. If Biden wants people to vote for him, he needs to earn their votes.

Hermit asked you what you're going to do, and this appears to be your response.

So has Trump earned your vote?

Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Listen up. If Biden wants people to vote for him, he needs to earn their votes.

Hermit asked you what you're going to do, and this appears to be your response.

So has Trump earned your vote?

Did I say anything about voting for Trump?

Do you see the question there?

That's a question, not a statement - you use questions in order to ask someone something you don't know but they do.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:You lied and claimed that I would vote for Trump. How Trumpian.

The facts show that no one claimed you would vote for Trump, so the accusation of lying is completely unwarranted.

The facts show that you were asked a direct question, and that you then spent an inordinate amount of effort evading answering it.

So why is it you won't answer that question?
Last edited by Spearthrower on Mar 27, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1591  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Fucking hell.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1592  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:He's still several sizeable steps up from an old paper bag full of horse jizz, and that'd be preferable to Trump, so I think there's room for some enthusiasm!

Well. Corrupt right-wing racist misogynist liar vs. corrupt right-wing extreminst racist misogynist liar.

Hurrah. I can barely contain my excitement.

What's crazy is seeing Trump outflanking Biden to the left with his Coronavirus policies... Trump doing what the Obama/Biden administration never did. Trump bailing out regular people, while Obama/Biden bailed out the banks.

If Biden somehow manages to beat Trump (which is highly doubtful considering that progressives are not going to be voting for Biden) we can be certain of one thing: "Nothing will fundamentally change."

This is exactly what Democrats did last time.

I can understand and accept not preferring Biden, but this degree of animus is just strange and unwarranted. I definitely understand the desire of the more progressive components of the party wanting to finally have a candidate who stands for their values, but this kind of anger and polemic directed at your own party's probable nomination - particularly in this election when your party's running against the most corrupt, venal, train wreck of a leader in your nation's entire history - is not sensible. You do it to yourselves.

And thus you get the government you deserve... again... for another 4 years.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1593  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 5:00 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
felltoearth wrote:The only one mentioning Russian meddling in this thread is Proudfootz.

Democrat Watch

Nobody had mentioned Russia before Spearthrower launched the theme three pages back...

Spearthrower wrote:Is there something I don't know about Biden with respect to Russian relations? Has he suggested he's going to be tough on Russia or something? I mean, again compared to the current President then obviously pretty much any candidate is going to make life harder for Russia to meddle with U.S. elections, but I'm detecting a note of real antipathy here from the pro-Putin cadre.
(Emphasis added)

Fair enough. Now, do you understand what Spearthrower is referring to when he mentions meddling? I’m pretty certain I don’t. And I’m pretty sure that’s the source of the misunderstanding in the following posts.

So what was he referring to?
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1594  Postby Mike_L » Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Fucking hell.

Yes, this is what a thread looks like when it's afflicted by a pygmy posing as a giant...

pygmy.jpg
pygmy.jpg (14.45 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Any worthwhile discussion is washed away in a deluge of "I said", "You said", "What are you saying I said you meant?, "What did you mean?", "Why are so so mean?" etc, etc.

:roll:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1595  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm

There wasn't a worthwhile discussion to be washed away. This has been stupid for a while.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1596  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:No, you have to be more specific. I have said a lot of things.

Indeed you have, and that's exactly what I was referring to: you saying a lot of things.

There's a gaping gulf between saying things and establishing that they're true.

You know, you have a nasty habit of just throwing shit out there without being more specific about what the fuck you are talking about. Same with the whole Russia discussion that has been raging for a few pages now.

Either you show me some specific examples, or you quit lying.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Need I remind you that Biden not only voted for, but was a cheerleader for the Iraq war, and the Obama/Biden administration massively increased drone strikes against civilians, and lied to the American people about Afghanistan.

And?

This makes him a war criminal, does it?

Because as far as I am aware, that's not how war criminals are defined.

Yes, it does make him a war criminal in my book. Or are you saying that droning innocent civilians is just fine?

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Anyway, are you saying that it's bad to attack Trump because attacking him makes one a hater?

No, stop making up things on behalf of other people that have fuck all to do with anything they've written.

So it's OK to attack Trump, but not to attack Biden?

WayOfTheDodo wrote:There's no whataboutism here. What it is, is hypocrisy on your part.

That's precisely what Whataboutism tries to pretend. Of course, you couldn't even begin to SHOW any hypocrisy - all you keep doing is making up positions for other people as a means of distracting from your refusal / inability to validate your own positions.

The whataboutism here is when I point out what a shitty and dangerous candidate Biden is, and you go "but but but Trump!"

WayOfTheDodo wrote:I'm still concerned that you are actively and blatantly lying about me.

Then show where I am 'blatantly lying' about you because the fact you keep tossing this out just appears to be another convenient distraction.

You asked me if I would vote for Trump. I asked you when I said anything about voting for Trump. You then said: "So that's Trump..."

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Trump being slightly worse than Biden doesn't make Biden good.

1) I never suggested otherwise
2) Trump is not 'slightly worse' that Biden - he's a fucking daily train wreck that has destroyed your nation's institutions, seriously damaged your nation's credibility and standing in the world, fucked over the planet for another generation thanks to all his climate denial shenanigans, and thanks to his stunning ego and incessant political grandstanding has managed to turn the nation with one of the best healthcare systems in the world into the worst hit by the coronavirus. Factually, the list really does not end there; there are dozens of things he's done which have had terrible ramifications for your nation, and the idea that Biden is in the same ballpark as him is fatuous crap.

Biden has taken part in most disastrous policies fucking over America and the rest of the world. He has a long record of right-wing policy positions.

While Trump is a disaster, he does not have the political record Biden does.

But I guess setting up the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis isn't that bad anyway.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:And yes, Biden is a right-wing racist misogynist fuck.

And yes, slanderous assertions are fucking easy to make - watch how easy... you're a pedophile. See? Does that mean you're a pedophile? No? Then what would justify such an accusation? Evidence? Logic? Reason? Not just assertion... tell me you grasp this elementary factor of the entire point of this fucking webforum.

Right-wing: Look at his policy positions. Crime, war, economy, etc. He particularly loves helping credit card companies screw people over.

Racist: Look at his record, such as working with segregationists. And his racism slips through the facade when he says things like "Obama is the first clean mainstream black guy" and "poor kids can be just as bright as white kids".

Misogynist: Several sexual abuse allegations, including the story from the other day that he raped a former employee. Furthermore, a long history of anti-women policy positions, such as abortion. And let's not forget Anita Hill, who has still not gotten an apology from the old sexual predator.

So no, my description of Biden is not just a bunch of assertions. They are backed up by his actual attitudes and actions.

All the "centrists" are talking about how this woman must surely be a liar, and the mainstream media seems to be ignoring the story.

Do you believe the alleged victim, or do you think she is lying?
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1597  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Fucking hell.

Yes, this is what a thread looks like when it's afflicted by a pygmy posing as a giant...

pygmy.jpg

Any worthwhile discussion is washed away in a deluge of "I said", "You said", "What are you saying I said you meant?, "What did you mean?", "Why are so so mean?" etc, etc.

:roll:

What a joke you've become Mikey.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1598  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 5:46 pm

laklak wrote:I realize we can't have a truly Libertarian society, but we need the philosophy as a counterbalance to mounting Big Gummint bullshit from both the Left and the Right. Neither ever met a regulation they didn't like and are all about aggrandizing their own position, solidifying their own power, and keeping all the goodies for themselves. Some leftist positions appeal to me and some conservative ones do also.

We're the Loyal Opposition or summat.

Libertarianism is a deeply evil ideology, though. It's basically one where you go "poor people can just go and die" (no healthcare for them, etc.). Also "freedoms" under Libertarianism are reserved for those who are already well off. A person who is born with severe disabilities will never have these theoretical freedoms Libertarians are so fond of, for example.

People in countries with a strong democratic government which actually takes care of its people have more freedom than, say, Americans do. As an example, when you will have free healthcare whether you have a job or not, you are free to get sick, switch jobs, etc. Americans often have healthcare tides to their employer. Many are fucked now. They just lost their healthcare coverage. And others will not be able to quit their job because if they do, they won't have healthcare.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#1599  Postby felltoearth » Mar 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:There wasn't a worthwhile discussion to be washed away. This has been stupid for a while.

^this. It’s a misunderstanding that really amounts to a hill of beans. One could just ask what he meant or post images that likely contravene the FUA.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1600  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Mar 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:The only concept in play at this point is that it's easier to criticize something than it is to implement something else. Saying "Medicare for all" is not the same as implementing Medicare for all.

How about saying "I'll veto Medicare for All as president even if it passes both the House and the Senate"? Very easy to both say and to. Win-win!
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs