Dawkins sues Josh Timonen

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Dawkins sues Josh Timonen

#301  Postby Crocodile Gandhi » Oct 24, 2010 6:24 am

I hope Kent Hovind never joins the forum.
If I believe in heaven I deny myself a death. Dying keeps me conscious of the way I waste my breath - Cosmo Jarvis
Crocodile Gandhi
RS Donator

Name: Dave
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#302  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 24, 2010 6:25 am

Globe wrote:J. TImonen's answer online.

http://joshtimonen.com/post/1387207318/ ... e-betrayal

The Ultimate Betrayal

It’s a sad, sad day today. All I’ll say at this point is that the truth will prevail. It won’t begin to fix the damage that’s been done, but the truth will prevail.

With the internet, you can so easily spread outrageous lies, destroy someone’s reputation, self-worth and dignity, and not even have any evidence to back up your malicious attacks. And it amazes me that so many people are so quick to spew venom about people and a situation they know nothing about. Even after my name is cleared, the words and attacks will remain.

A quick aside about the closing of the RichardDawkins.net forum: I can understand that this decision was devastating to many of the forum users, and for that I am sorry. It was never our intention to hurt anyone through that process, it was purely a political decision. It’s frustrating to have been the fall-guy for this. I am am not Richard Dawkins, I am not the Richard Dawkins Foundation Board of Trustees, and I did not act independently. This was a decision made by the organization, that I then executed. I kept my mouth shut through all of the personal attacks to protect the foundation, and to not get personally involved. The decisions that were made by RDF had nothing to do with my personal opinions or feelings on forums or content. They were based solely on protecting Richard Dawkins, RDF, and their reputations.

This year has certainly been the darkest time of my life, the ultimate betrayal, and then the hordes of mostly-anonymous internet users decide to pile it on. It’s making it very hard for me to see the light at the end of this tunnel, where I might regain some kind of hope for humanity, and find motivation again to dedicate my life to improving it in some small way.

I’ve never had irreconcilable enemies before, ever. This is new for me. I’ve never before been the target of a baseless vendetta. But I’m dealing with it as sanely and calmly as I possibly can.

I worked myself to the bone over the last four years to promote reason and science, hoping that my small role in this movement could affect some lasting positive change. I refuse to let this smear campaign destroy me. I created the Scarlet Letter “A” icon and its associated campaign to bring us all together, not tear us apart. I hope to be able to continue on that mission.

This lawsuit is a joke, and completely ridiculous. The accusations are baseless and unfounded.

I will be releasing a public statement soon through my legal team Costa Abrams & Coate, LLP.

Josh Timonen

:popcorn:

Hey Josh:

Last edited by NineOneFour on Oct 24, 2010 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#303  Postby Globe » Oct 24, 2010 6:25 am

joshtimonen wrote:Hi Everyone,

I guess it's time for me to talk...
http://joshtimonen.com/post/1387207318/ ... e-betrayal

Josh..... The case will speak for itself once it hits the courtroom.
If you did what you are accused of doing, then we will know.
If you didn't.... you will be vindicated. At least when it comes to that.

As for anything else you have to say. We will listen, but don't expect too much sympathy from anyone here.
"Justice will be served!
As soon as I can find you a piece that hasn't gone rotten." - Globe

I don't accept sexism, no matter what gender is being targeted with an -ism.
Globe

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#304  Postby virphen » Oct 24, 2010 6:26 am

z8000783 wrote:
Are you sure this is the real Josh. Anyone can set up a username.

John

Given what he linked to, it seems likely, don't you think?
virphen

Male

Print view this post

#305  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Oct 24, 2010 6:26 am

I'm hoping for the Dali Lama as well. If on the odd chance this guy is legit, i'd like to hear more about their take on the missing 300k than the old forum.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#306  Postby Mr.Samsa » Oct 24, 2010 6:26 am

z8000783 wrote:

John

As sure as I am that you are John.

John.

(We can't be 100% sure, but my lucky 8 ball tells me that all signs point to yes).
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#307  Postby z8000783 » Oct 24, 2010 6:27 am

virphen wrote:
z8000783 wrote:

John

Given what he linked to, it seems likely, don't you think?

:popcorn:
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#308  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 24, 2010 6:27 am

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:I'm hoping for the Dali Lama as well. If on the odd chance this guy is legit, i'd like to hear more about their take on the missing 300k than the old forum.

Oh, no, I'd like to hear his take on saying the forum was being upgraded for months on end.

Let me guess: it's all Richard's fault.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#309  Postby Durro » Oct 24, 2010 6:28 am

So Josh, is Professor Dawkins mistaken, ill informed or being, shall we say, less than truthful (in your opinion) ? Where has the impetus for this lawsuit come from ?

I assume that there may be some issues that you can't speak about for legal reasons, but I for one am interested in hearing your version of events. Having been an ex-RDnet Moderator, I shall follow this discussion with the utmost fascination.

Oh, and welcome to Ratskep.

:cheers:
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#310  Postby z8000783 » Oct 24, 2010 6:29 am

If it is him don't expect too much of a dialogue.

John
z8000783

Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#311  Postby CJ » Oct 24, 2010 6:31 am

z8000783 wrote:
Josh Timonen wrote:A quick aside about the closing of the RichardDawkins.net forum: I can understand that this decision was devastating to many of the forum users, and for that I am sorry. It was never our intention to hurt anyone through that process, it was purely a political decision. It’s frustrating to have been the fall-guy for this.

He still doesn't get it after all this time.

John

Oh I think he gets it, he's just in denial that he can behave in such a cak handed and unprofessional way. We have seen the gormless PM he sent, we know about his duplicitous handling of the new forum from Jan and the others.
What star sign are you? Please tick you star sign in a tiny bit of ongoing research. :)
CJ

Name: Chris(topher)
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#312  Postby Weaver » Oct 24, 2010 6:33 am

What an interesting way to quash commentary on this site ...

I'd have never thought of registering on a site where I'm detested, and counting on the FUA to "protect" me thus putting a major damper on commentary.

Interesting strategy.

By the way, Josh, your comments show you STILL don't understand what you did to the old RDF - on "orders" or not. Oh, and I don't believe you.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#313  Postby virphen » Oct 24, 2010 6:34 am

I think given his legal situation Josh would be most unwise to reply to your questions Durro, even if he wants to - I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply.
virphen

Male

Print view this post

#314  Postby CJ » Oct 24, 2010 6:35 am

Josh

Please make a note on your blog to the affect that you have joined this forum and link to that note.
What star sign are you? Please tick you star sign in a tiny bit of ongoing research. :)
CJ

Name: Chris(topher)
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#315  Postby Globe » Oct 24, 2010 6:36 am

CJ wrote:Josh

Please make a note on your blog to the affect that you have joined this forum and link to that note.

:this:
"Justice will be served!
As soon as I can find you a piece that hasn't gone rotten." - Globe

I don't accept sexism, no matter what gender is being targeted with an -ism.
Globe

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#316  Postby Timinane » Oct 24, 2010 6:38 am

I wonder how many Joshtimonen accounts will pop up with that exact message around the interwebs.

The ultimate betrayal?
What is this?
Home and Away, Neighbours?

Possible manipulation attempt by playing the victim means these events just got a little more interesting.
All that matter is what is in a court room in California in January or Feburary, I think. (Based one something posted earlier in thread)

:popcorn: :mob:
"With that speed of backtrack he shouldn't be in the CofE, he should be in the Lib Dems" Ian Hislop
Timinane

Name: Timothy
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#317  Postby Durro » Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am

virphen wrote:I think given his legal situation Josh would be most unwise to reply to your questions Durro, even if he wants to - I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply.

I had considered that and it's why I mentioned it specifically in my earlier post. But given that his blog link was already provided by another member, I'm not sure why else Josh would join here and indicate that he's ready to talk unless he wanted to get something more off his chest.

Yes, he may be restricted in revealing specifics, but I'm still interested if Professor Dawkins is (allegedly) simply mistaken, has been misinformed or is lying in Josh's opinion, should he wish to share that.
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#318  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 24, 2010 6:40 am

Durro wrote:
virphen wrote:I think given his legal situation Josh would be most unwise to reply to your questions Durro, even if he wants to - I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply.

I had considered that and it's why I mentioned it specifically in my earlier post. But given that his blog link was already provided by another member, I'm not sure why else Josh would join here and indicate that he's ready to talk unless he wanted to get something more off his chest.

Yes, he may be restricted in revealing specifics, but I'm still interested if Professor Dawkins is (allegedly) wrong, has been led astray or is lying in Josh's opinion, should he wish to share that.

A $10 donation to Ratskep says he doesn't give any specifics at all.
cascadianow.org

NineOneFour

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#319  Postby joshtimonen » Oct 24, 2010 6:41 am

Hi CJ, yes it's me. I've added the note to prove it.
Josh
joshtimonen

Name: Josh Timonen

Print view this post

#320  Postby z8000783 » Oct 24, 2010 6:41 am

Weaver wrote:What an interesting way to quash commentary on this site ...

I'd have never thought of registering on a site where I'm detested, and counting on the FUA to "protect" me thus putting a major damper on commentary.

It does nothing of the sort so as people stay within the FUA.

John
z8000783

Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs