Astrology, the 2010 cosmic cross

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Astrology, the 2010 cosmic cross

#1  Postby Rumbelow » Apr 10, 2010 10:03 am

I have a relative who is in a panic about a cosmic cross event, something to do with a very rare lineup of planets that will bring possibly devastating change to the Earth and everyone's individual circumstances apparently.
Is such a line-up of planets really astronomically about to happen and does it mean astrologically that armageddon is nigh? :scratch:
Rumbelow

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Astrology, the 2010 cosmic cross

#2  Postby Mr P » Apr 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Well obviously this alignment's never happened before in the earth 4 billion year history so we must be screwed ;)
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine and I can know much more!
Brother Cavil, BSG
Mr P

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#3  Postby iamthereforeithink » Apr 10, 2010 2:08 pm

What is this alignment, when is it happening, and why didn't anybody tell me? Shit, I must start packing stuff into the basement.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iamthereforeithink

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Mycernius » Apr 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Using my brain and gullability meter I detect a serious lack of anything happening. I'll just check the charts, just in case.
Mycernius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Goldenmane » Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm

I think you're probably talking about this:
Astrology also suggests that this brief time period will be an important one, as a dramatic alignment between Saturn, Pluto, and Uranus constellates at this time. Specifically, Saturn, Pluto, and Uranus form what is called a “T-Square” in which the three planets form an isosceles right triangle. Although forming an exact T-Square in the year 2010, the alignment will certainly be potent in its manifestations for a year or two on either side of 2010.

Throughout history, when Saturn, Pluto, and Uranus form hard alignments(1) such as a T-Square, a time of socio-economic and political destabilization, tension, and contraction arise. Any hard alignment involving these planets suggests a period of stress where growth and evolution is demanded yet hard to achieve. On one hand, the alignment represents a stalemate between opposing forces, and, on the other, the alignment represents a time where pressure, hardship, and frustration ultimately give birth to something radically new. Out of this alignment arises a new order, where the old order disintegrates and gives rise to new social, economic, and political visions and movements.

(from here

Or something like it, at any rate.

It's bollocks.

Bad Astronomy has an article that deals with this shite, although not this particular instance of it.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#6  Postby Rumbelow » Apr 11, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks Goldenmane, it's a pretty safe bet that there will inevitably be some change in our personal situations and in the world situation in 2010 and ensuing years ... and I guess if you are very afraid of change then the future will always have the potential to have you pissing your pants regardless of t-square alignments of the planets or cosmic crosses.
Rumbelow

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Alan C » Apr 12, 2010 7:50 am

Hmm, my balls have been noticeably itchy, guess this planetary alignment is to blame.

Ohh FFS I can't keep a straight face, this is unbelievable horseshit. :crazy:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Rumbelow » Apr 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Alan C wrote:Hmm, my balls have been noticeably itchy, guess this planetary alignment is to blame.

Possibly it's because your balls are either in alignment or out of alignment with the t-square or cosmic cross now being formed by the planets...resulting in the itchyness you describe, briefs may provide better support and so better alignment than boxers but please always consult a qualified expert in astrology before putting them on at home. :grin:
Rumbelow

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Alan C » Apr 13, 2010 1:02 am

:mrgreen:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Return to Pseudoscience