Quantum Stealth Technology

Invisibility cloak hoax?

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Quantum Stealth Technology

#21  Postby Nuclearman » Mar 29, 2013 4:16 am

NilsGLindgren wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:I don't see how showing the item would be a security risk, having someone standing with it on isn't going to give away how it was made or how it works. The product is just a scam I would say, that is the only real reason I can see to hide the product.

Seconded. The whole idea was that you didn't SEE anything. So how would a picture give it away?

That might be accurate if it was perfect, but it's been clearly stated that the technology is not perfect (perhaps so imperfect it doesn't work at all).

In perfect light bending tech, the light should appear to pass through the object. However, it's much more likely in light bending tech that the light will simply go around the object. They are not the same. The former would be impossible to spot within it's range of effective wavelengths. The later however would have a definite effect on the lighting. There would be places where the lighting effect is stronger or weaker than it should be (the shadows being the key places where it is much weaker). This can likely be spotted by analysis of any images. Once that has been done it is possible to get a better idea of how exactly it works simply by taking note of what it actually does. It's also likely that if the material is in the right (or perhaps wrong) shape, is it unable to completely bend the light around it, thus it is possible to see the actual material, even if it likely very hard to see. An effect that wouldn't be reproduced in the public mock-up images.

I'm not saying that the tech exists, merely trying to show that there is perhaps a reason to not show it. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if that, or something like it, is what they are referring to when they say they have a way of detecting it or any similar technology. Although just knowing that is probably not enough.
Nuclearman

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Pseudoscience