Stellar Metamorphosis

Planets are actually ancient/evolving stars?

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Stellar Metamorphosis

#321  Postby newolder » Aug 19, 2014 7:29 pm

It's easy to get lost in the Lyman-alpha forest.

Nice1.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#322  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Space Trucker wrote:As well the magnetic field of the birthing galaxy would become too massive for its parent to hold on to, it has to eject sooner or later or the parent will die. So in other words it pushes itself out. Oh crap I forgot, this too, the baby galaxies are ejected along the axis of the parent.

WOW. Those are some strong magnets. How do they work?

Space Trucker wrote:Now if anything, that's mother nature throwing a curve ball. Like instead of lithium and its isotopes, you have a strange element in between lithium and beryllium that could act like silicon, and all sorts of really weird shit.

Interesting. A previously undiscovered element with more than 3 and less than 4 protons. How does that work exactly?

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#323  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 4:20 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Space Trucker wrote:As well the magnetic field of the birthing galaxy would become too massive for its parent to hold on to, it has to eject sooner or later or the parent will die. So in other words it pushes itself out. Oh crap I forgot, this too, the baby galaxies are ejected along the axis of the parent.

WOW. Those are some strong magnets. How do they work?

Interesting. A previously undiscovered element with more than 3 and less than 4 protons. How does that work exactly?

yea, pulsars are pretty strong magnets. 10^8 - 10^11 tesla is pretty f-ing strong. Makes those neodymium magnets with 1 tesla look like play toys.

This freak also says pulsars are the true centers of both young and old galaxies, not what he calls "fictional black holes".

To me it makes more sense to put an object we can actually see at the center of galaxies, not things we have to rely on faith for.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

#324  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 4:24 pm

As to how a magnet works? Shit I have no idea. One thing is for sure though, nature is connected without matter even being present, cause magnets work inside of vacuum.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

#325  Postby campermon » Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Ah! Opening time I see.

:beer:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#326  Postby kennyc » Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Space Trucker wrote:As to how a magnet works? Shit I have no idea. One thing is for sure though, nature is connected without matter even being present, cause magnets work inside of vacuum.

So it seems you know the same amount about magnets as you do about astrophysics given what you have posted here.

:roll:
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#327  Postby kennyc » Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

campermon wrote:Ah! Opening time I see.

I have a Guinness please.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#328  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Space Trucker wrote:As to how a magnet works? Shit I have no idea.

Well that is certainly obvious.

You are talking about an entire galaxy becoming a bar magnet which would require all the pulsars to align their poles. They don't for a very good reason, the magnetic influence between stars is insignificant compared to their gravitational influences.

Even if it weren't so, every magnetic body in both galaxies would have to have their magnetic poles aligned in order to only repel and do it evenly.

You either have no idea what you are taking about or this is just a silly troll. From your posting style I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and leaning to the latter.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#329  Postby campermon » Aug 20, 2014 4:47 pm

kennyc wrote:
campermon wrote:Ah! Opening time I see.

I have a Guinness please.

Here you go: :beer:

I fancy a pint of this myself;

:cheers:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#330  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Space Trucker wrote:To me it makes more sense to put an object we can actually see at the center of galaxies, not things we have to rely on faith for.

And apparently it makes more sense to invent your own physics to fit your own world view.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#331  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

campermon wrote:

Here you go: :beer:

I fancy a pint of this myself;

:cheers:

I'll have just have one at the moment Camp, otherwise they will fly apart before I get a chance to drink 'em.
Last edited by CdesignProponentsist on Aug 20, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#332  Postby campermon » Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm

:lol:

"Barman! you heard the man!"

campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#333  Postby catbasket » Aug 20, 2014 5:31 pm

I'll have one of these please -

tanglefoot.jpg
tanglefoot.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#334  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 5:39 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Space Trucker wrote:As to how a magnet works? Shit I have no idea.

Well that is certainly obvious.

You are talking about an entire galaxy becoming a bar magnet which would require all the pulsars to align their poles. They don't for a very good reason, the magnetic influence between stars is insignificant compared to their gravitational influences.

Even if it weren't so, every magnetic body in both galaxies would have to have their magnetic poles aligned in order to only repel and do it evenly.

You either have no idea what you are taking about or this is just a silly troll. From your posting style I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and leaning to the latter.

um, pulsars are spinning because they are ejecting matter like fire sprinklers. Come back when you understand what "spinning" means.

Oh and for those who wish to understand what psychological projection is, it means you call people names based of what you see inside of yourself. So yea.

That is unless we want to expose people's mommy and daddy issues here I suggest not going there. Making people off themselves isn't exactly my plan.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

#335  Postby Weaver » Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm

I suppose you have evidence that pulsars spin because they are ejecting material, rather than that they eject material due to their spin?

EDIT for clarification - current accepted theory states that pulsars have high spin rates because they retain the angular momentum of their progenitor pre-supernova stars - when they collapse into the pulsar, the spin rate is massively increased. However, it seems that you are stating that pulsars spin is due to a reaction to them ejecting material - do you have any evidence supporting this assertion?
Last edited by Weaver on Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#336  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Oh and to address the "posting style", I have lots of people here who think pasting a "beer" is a good post. I guess that's not trolling? Or is this place the hotbed of neurosis and psychosis as I predicted?

I am just trying to discuss someone's theory with some sort of civility. Yet, people find me threatening, this means there is some sort of fear being induced, or else they wouldn't even be posting or wasting their time on this thread.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

#337  Postby Weaver » Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

No, posting a beer is not trolling - it's just a way of laughing at your posts.

I don't think anyone here finds you threatening.

I also don't think you have a theory - merely a weak hypothesis without any evidentiary support.
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#338  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Weaver wrote:I suppose you have evidence that pulsars spin because they are ejecting material, rather than that they eject material due to their spin?

No, I actually think they are not spinning at all (as there is something else happening) but I'm trying to get a grip on this person's idea of them. You wouldn't think that with all the trolls on this thread.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

#339  Postby Weaver » Aug 20, 2014 5:49 pm

How do you explain the observed phenomena of pulsars without spin?
Retired AiF

Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#340  Postby Space Trucker » Aug 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Weaver wrote:No, posting a beer is not trolling - it's just a way of laughing at your posts.

I don't think anyone here finds you threatening.

I also don't think you have a theory - merely a weak hypothesis without any evidentiary support.

Again, you are not paying attention clearly its not my theory, it is this Jeffrey character's. I'm just trying to argue for it.

Plus, I bet you can't even state what the theory even covers! Because you probably have not even read anything on it! Just dismissing and pasting beer pictures is probably your agenda.
Space Trucker

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience