Let's talk magick ok?

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Let's talk magick ok?

#1  Postby Radicalthought0000 » Aug 27, 2023 10:40 pm

There are not a lot of representation on magick in this forum, and in the world in general, so ask me anything you want, just nothing personal, and will answer you to the best of my abilities as a 10+ years practicioner.
Radicalthought0000

Print view this post

Magick

#2  Postby Radicalthought0000 » Aug 27, 2023 10:44 pm

Let's talke magic shall we? It's a minority not well represented and I would like as a representative of it with more than 10+ years of practice to let me answer your questions (not personal ones, sorry) and why i know its real, not think is real, or belief its real. But actually know by fact that it is real.
Radicalthought0000

Print view this post

Re: Let's talk magick ok?

#3  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 28, 2023 12:38 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
We don’t need two separate topics to do the same thing, so I merged them into this one.

Enjoy.

The_Metatron
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 28, 2023 12:40 am

Start by defining your terms. What is what you call “magick”, and what do you claim to be able to do with it?
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Magick

#5  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 12:43 am

Radicalthought0000 wrote:Let's talke magic shall we? It's a minority not well represented and I would like as a representative of it with more than 10+ years of practice to let me answer your questions (not personal ones, sorry) and why i know its real, not think is real, or belief its real. But actually know by fact that it is real.

Do some magick then.

I'll write down a number on a piece of paper in front of me - I'll even take a photograph and send it to another member in advance - and you tell me what it is.

No? Can't do that?

How about you reach out with your magickal powers to cause something to happen to me that I could not explain in any way other than by acknowledging your supernormal abilities?

So that's my question: can you show that you're not just talking a load of bollocks?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 1:07 am

Don't tell me that at the first hint of having your claims tested, you run away?

Surely the Lady Mavis Void must've told you in advance that we were going to be picky buggers when it came to lending belief to claims absent evidence? Empty husks that we are.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby Radicalthought0000 » Aug 28, 2023 1:58 am

Start by defining your terms. What is what you call “magick”, and what do you claim to be able to do with it?

Well manifesting is the first thing that comes to my mind, it needs to be done in certain circumstances though, it needs a "complex system" with "random variables" to test. I other words its very difficult to get results in "closed systems" like lab settings. There's also some kind of precognition, but is partially random, I don't decide when it comes to me. As for spirit working that is my speciality I have contacted entities from gods and godesses, to abstract concepts and beings of the public imagination, and had some results with them, for example the being says something will happen and it do happen, or that it would get revenge for something and a "synchronicity" happens. But most of the time is "inner working" in which you change your psychology and world view with the help of spells and other beings. There is also "servitor" and "egregore" creation, servitors being artificial spirits created for a purpose and that serve that creators will, and egregore are beings of the collective, its difficult to create one, but to caontact it is easy. Most gods started as egregores like Lady Void.

'll write down a number on a piece of paper in front of me - I'll even take a photograph and send it to another member in advance - and you tell me what it is.

No? Can't do that?

How about you reach out with your magickal powers to cause something to happen to me that I could not explain in any way other than by acknowledging your supernormal abilities?

So that's my question: can you show that you're not just talking a load of bollocks?

I will try, ok, the number is 128, being told from a servitor and double checked with me personally. I have tested myself some magick got some incredible results in another areas that are unexplainable to me, you don't need to belief me though. But if you want I can contact you with a being, you just need to be respectful with it and give something in return.

#6 New postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 1:07 am
Don't tell me that at the first hint of having your claims tested, you run away?

Surely the Lady Mavis Void must've told you in advance that we were going to be picky buggers when it came to lending belief to claims absent evidence? Empty husks that we are.

I already said sorry for that, but ok, I'm not running away, so I will ask something in return. Have you tried a sigil? its really easy and everyone can do it. But as I said I can contact you with a deity or another being if you want.
Radicalthought0000

Print view this post

#8  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 4:08 am

Radicalthought0000 wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:I'll write down a number on a piece of paper in front of me - I'll even take a photograph and send it to another member in advance - and you tell me what it is.

No? Can't do that?

I will try, ok, the number is 128, being told from a servitor and double checked with me personally.

Not a great start.

I was awaiting your consent before starting this empirical test, ready to agree on terms and meet your expectations, but you seem to be unaware that I've not written down any number at all yet.

That's firmly in the Not Even Wrong category. There was no number, yet you 'saw' a number. :)

Radicalthought0000 wrote:I have tested myself some magick got some incredible results in another areas that are unexplainable to me, you don't need to belief me though.

Of course I don't have to believe you, and of course, I don't believe you. That doesn't mean I think you're lying - you're probably just wrong and construed some confirmation bias to continue maintaining a poorly conceived belief.

Radicalthought0000 wrote: But if you want I can contact you with a being, you just need to be respectful with it and give something in return.

Seems a bit superfluous when you can contact me via writing right here on the forum, but ok, if this is how you're going to show that the content of your beliefs exist outside your head, then fine.

But what you need to do is be more specific in order to make this at least somewhat of a testable proposition.

How exactly is this 'being' going to contact me, or you contact me via it? With words? With actions? What specifically will happen?

When exactly is this 'being' going to contact me? Today?

Spearthrower wrote:

I already said sorry for that, but ok, I'm not running away, so I will ask something in return. Have you tried a sigil? its really easy and everyone can do it. But as I said I can contact you with a deity or another being if you want.

Yes, I am waiting you providing so much as an ounce of substance to what are otherwise just words you typed on your keyboard. As I work in creating fiction, I am very much aware of the possibility of typing words about imaginary entities - what I tend to find though is that those imaginary entities aren't actually real - whereas you seem to be suggesting that these imaginary entities can effect change in the empirical world.

That, I am afraid to say, is a testable claim. If you're looking to make a career out of this, you probably want to work hard to ensure that your claims aren't testable.

But here we are.

1st test was an extraordinary failure. Although, of course, if you want to try again - then let me know this time and I will send a number to The_Megatron who can then confirm or disconfirm your ability to view that number.

2nd test appears to involve you sending an imagined entity at me in order to do something as yet unstated. This needs a lot more detail first to try and bring some form of rigour to the testing of the claim. Please advise.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 4:10 am

If for whatever reason (e.g. my soulless husk is uncontactable by asserted entity) you can't actually make contact with me - then perhaps instead you can view around me and tell me what you see in my immediate area?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#10  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 4:25 am

Well manifesting is the first thing that comes to my mind, it needs to be done in certain circumstances though, it needs a "complex system" with "random variables" to test. I other words its very difficult to get results in "closed systems" like lab settings.

So you're saying that it can't be established under any form of rigorous examination? :)

This is much better! It's always important to contrive special excuses why your magical claims don't work when they should.

We're not in a lab setting here - manifest something on my desk. Or is there going to be something else that unfortunately inhibits your powers right now?

Radicalthought0000 wrote:There's also some kind of precognition, but is partially random,...

Let me just make sure I understand.

You can sometimes correctly predict the future, but at other times you are unable to correctly predict the future? I'm not sure that amounts to precognition, I think that's what happens when you have no ability to see the future other than present observation and past experience.

Presumably, you only know whether you were right or not afterwards?

But of course, you could state here in advance something out of the ordinary that is soon to happen, and then this would be a public record that could establish whether there's anything to your assertions other than an unfettered imagination.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:I don't decide when it comes to me.

Oh I see, well you're doing much better now in terms of working to ensure that your claims aren't testable due to special ad hoc clauses.

Radicalthought0000 wrote: As for spirit working that is my speciality I have contacted entities from gods and godesses, to abstract concepts and beings of the public imagination, and had some results with them, for example the being says something will happen and it do happen, or that it would get revenge for something and a "synchronicity" happens.

Ok, so we don't need to test your apparently fallible and unreliable precognition if you have the power to contact a being that can do it with more certainty.

So you go ahead and do your business with the being and then write up in this thread a statement about the NEAR future that is thereby testable, as in it will or won't happen. This will then help to establish that your words mean more than that you can write grammatically correct sentences.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:But most of the time is "inner working" in which you change your psychology and world view with the help of spells and other beings.

Like you could do without the help of spells and supernormal beings?

Cancer incurable, I assume? But a "vague sense of unease, or a touch of the nerves" is something your powers can resolve, right?

Radicalthought0000 wrote:There is also "servitor" and "egregore" creation, servitors being artificial spirits created for a purpose and that serve that creators will, and egregore are beings of the collective, its difficult to create one, but to caontact it is easy. Most gods started as egregores like Lady Void.

A taxonomy of beings you've yet to establish exist beyond the confines of your mind.

No point telling us what colour pants they're wearing until you establish they have tooshes upon which to hang said garment.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby Radicalthought0000 » Aug 28, 2023 5:07 am

So you're saying that it can't be established under any form of rigorous examination? :)

This is much better! It's always important to contrive special excuses why your magical claims don't work when they should.

We're not in a lab setting here - manifest something on my desk. Or is there going to be something else that unfortunately inhibits your powers right now?

Of course, most mackicians keep diaries, to keep track of the spells that work and some that not, and try to see when and why it worked. I don't kept them myself, but I try to use "time magick" to see if the result is done in real time, even in events that happened before I made the spell.

#10 New postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 4:25 am

Radicalthought0000 wrote:

Well manifesting is the first thing that comes to my mind, it needs to be done in certain circumstances though, it needs a "complex system" with "random variables" to test. I other words its very difficult to get results in "closed systems" like lab settings.

Manifesting its like a "synchronicity" according to your will. Even if I try to make something magically appear in your desk it won't happen, I can try something different if you want, I'm also good at emotional manipulation using spells. But its immoral, so I would need your permission to do so. I did it with a friend once and I got positive results ( without he looking, giving me his back, I used my emotional manipulation and he had the emotion I was looking for, wihtout any word) I tried it on passangers on a bus once (I was young and didn't understood limits by the time, I would never do a thing like that again) where I put a person through fear, then happiness, then sadness and then back to fear in cycles of some minutes each, I used body lenguage to calibrate the results, fear goosebumps, happiness laughing and sadness tears. SO yeah. I could do that, but when I tried to repeat it on lab conditions I failed, I couldn't understood why until recently, the "blockers" powerful magical blocks that impeded magick, spirituality and occultism, it was made by a powerful deity some centuries ago to help develop science, but now I talked to a higher diety and it outlaw them, so yeah no more "blocks" for magick, if it all works well then expect a lot of great results on psi research and the paranormal on the following months.

Ok, so we don't need to test your apparently fallible and unreliable precognition if you have the power to contact a being that can do it with more certainty.

So you go ahead and do your business with the being and then write up in this thread a statement about the NEAR future that is thereby testable, as in it will or won't happen. This will then help to establish that your words mean more than that you can write grammatically correct sentences.

Ok, can we keep the insults out of this, is not polite. but yeah most of my work on magick is done via servitors because its easier that way, not that is without trouble as they usually develop personalities and stuff, but hey its part of the fun.

A taxonomy of beings you've yet to establish exist beyond the confines of your mind.

No point telling us what colour pants they're wearing until you establish they have tooshes upon which to hang said garment.

Ok I'll be technical then, in the hierachy the first ones are the universal concepts like Arcetypes, Karma etc. below them are Gods and Godesses, they were or servitors, or egregores that got aligned with the Archetypes, the source of their "power" over things, but they need followers as they need the energy from prayers and faith to exist if not they will became obsolete. But there was a catch, some gods and goddesess were transfomed into "demons" under Lucifer thanks to christianity, and at thesame time, magick was hijacked by him and also the "blockers" were put into place. I helped Archetype ( the spirit and manifestation fo the Archetype creating process) to create a new one. A spirit got aligned to it, and it became the new "god of magick" Luxar. below the Gods and Goddesses are the Egregores, who are beings that represent organizations, systems of human creation, atc. Some will became gods if they align perfectly with some Archetype and get followers. Then there are some "spirits" I dont work with them a lot, servitors are on the same level, as well as the fey, who are representations of biological systems that acquire "consciousness" via natural processes and are like "egregores" but of specific places and things. Then there are angels, they are a little more powerful tha the average spirit, but nevertheless less than a god, and demons, ancient gods that where under Lucifer, or just regular stupid beings, they are like a kind of police that keep magicians from breaking the "rules" and if you break them you get attacked, you need some divination or other method to know the "rule" you have broken as they won't tell you, and after that you need to make some ammends or take a "punishment" to get even. As for power of human biengs go, they are powerful, they need some proactice, but as I said with a little practice, magick and a lot of imagination, you can really get big results without them.
Radicalthought0000

Print view this post

#12  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 6:11 am

Of course, most mackicians keep diaries, to keep track of the spells that work and some that not, and try to see when and why it worked. I don't kept them myself, but I try to use "time magick" to see if the result is done in real time, even in events that happened before I made the spell.

What has a diary got to do with anything I wrote?

Can you or can you not manifest something on my desk?

Or do you have a special excuse why your purported powers are somehow momentarily unavailable to you?

Spearthrower wrote:

Manifesting its like a "synchronicity" according to your will. Even if I try to make something magically appear in your desk it won't happen,...

So you don't have the power to manifest things then, lab setting or not? I didn't think so, of course.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:I can try something different if you want, I'm also good at emotional manipulation using spells. But its immoral, so I would need your permission to do so.

Please do go right ahead.

Make it clear in advance what emotion you are attempting to cause in me.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:I did it with a friend once and I got positive results ( without he looking, giving me his back, I used my emotional manipulation and he had the emotion I was looking for, wihtout any word) I tried it on passangers on a bus once (I was young and didn't understood limits by the time, I would never do a thing like that again) where I put a person through fear, then happiness, then sadness and then back to fear in cycles of some minutes each, I used body lenguage to calibrate the results, fear goosebumps, happiness laughing and sadness tears. SO yeah. I could do that,...

I hope I can make you understand this point I am about to write.

I am skeptical. You made some claims using words. I don't believe that those words represent evidence that those claims are true. Thus writing more words notionally providing further details about your initial claim isn't going to produce any different outcome.

For me, if you really are here to try and convince the soulless atheist rationalist husks that you have magical powers, or that spirituality is real, you're not going to achieve that by assertion.

Demonstrate your claims, don't chinwag more about them.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:but when I tried to repeat it on lab conditions I failed, I couldn't understood why until recently,...

Because lab conditions are rigorous and weed out unconscious biases and poorly conceived conclusions?

Radicalthought0000 wrote:the "blockers" powerful magical blocks that impeded magick, spirituality and occultism,

Ergo, while trying to prove that you possess magic, you explain away your failure to do magic due to yet more magic.

It's almost as if the magic simply doesn't exist. What would be different in the outcome here?

Radicalthought0000 wrote:it was made by a powerful deity some centuries ago to help develop science,

You're indulging yourself in fiction at my expense.

Radicalthought0000 wrote:but now I talked to a higher diety and it outlaw them, so yeah no more "blocks" for magick, if it all works well then expect a lot of great results on psi research and the paranormal on the following months.

So...

You CAN demonstrate that you have magickal powers?

So how about you stop typing pointless 'pant-colour' details about beings you haven't established exist, and actually get round to demonstrating that any of these things are more than just a figment of your imagination?

Spearthrower wrote: Ok, so we don't need to test your apparently fallible and unreliable precognition if you have the power to contact a being that can do it with more certainty.

Ok, can we keep the insults out of this, is not polite.

What insults? :think:

Radicalthought0000 wrote:but yeah most of my work on magick is done via servitors because its easier that way, not that is without trouble as they usually develop personalities and stuff, but hey its part of the fun.

Yellow with pink polka-dots. What mystical being would be seen in panties of any other colour?

Spearthrower wrote:A taxonomy of beings you've yet to establish exist beyond the confines of your mind.

Ok I'll be technical then, in the hierachy the first ones are the universal concepts like Arcetypes, Karma etc. below them are Gods and Godesses, they were or servitors, or egregores that got aligned with the Archetypes, the source of their "power" over things, but they need followers as they need the energy from prayers and faith to exist if not they will became obsolete. But there was a catch, some gods and goddesess were transfomed into "demons" under Lucifer thanks to christianity, and at thesame time, magick was hijacked by him and also the "blockers" were put into place. I helped Archetype ( the spirit and manifestation fo the Archetype creating process) to create a new one. A spirit got aligned to it, and it became the new "god of magick" Luxar. below the Gods and Goddesses are the Egregores, who are beings that represent organizations, systems of human creation, atc. Some will became gods if they align perfectly with some Archetype and get followers. Then there are some "spirits" I dont work with them a lot, servitors are on the same level, as well as the fey, who are representations of biological systems that acquire "consciousness" via natural processes and are like "egregores" but of specific places and things. Then there are angels, they are a little more powerful tha the average spirit, but nevertheless less than a god, and demons, ancient gods that where under Lucifer, or just regular stupid beings, they are like a kind of police that keep magicians from breaking the "rules" and if you break them you get attacked, you need some divination or other method to know the "rule" you have broken as they won't tell you, and after that you need to make some ammends or take a "punishment" to get even. As for power of human biengs go, they are powerful, they need some proactice, but as I said with a little practice, magick and a lot of imagination, you can really get big results without them.

That's not 'technical' - it's more fiction.

Until you demonstrate that your claims are more than just the product of an unfettered imagination, why would I be interested let alone convinced by more assertions stacked atop your previous ones?

I have dozens of fantasy novels on my shelves with divine hierarchies, but no one supposes that the words written in those books thereby are true claims about reality.

There are no words you can use to 'prove' to me or anyone here that you have magickal powers.

You need to demonstrate it.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#13  Postby Radicalthought0000 » Aug 28, 2023 6:26 am

You avoided the part that I said I can prove it via Emotional manipulation, In other words, if I have your permission I can make a little proof of it. I can send you a message with a feelling, but I will modify your emoitons before you read it. That way you will know I'm telling the truth.
Radicalthought0000

Print view this post

#14  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 6:30 am

Radicalthought0000 wrote:You avoided the part that I said I can prove it via Emotional manipulation, In other words, if I have your permission I can make a little proof of it. I can send you a message with a feelling, but I will modify your emoitons before you read it. That way you will know I'm telling the truth.

Are you taking the piss or something?

You claimed over half an hour ago that you had already sent a mystical entity to speak to me which would prove it, but now you're acting like you haven't actually done that:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... l#p2799908

by Radicalthought0000 » Aug 28, 2023 12:58 pm

Radicalthought0000 wrote:Ok, lets do this, I will tell Gigabugabooto talk to you and to make you feel his prescence, I will see if it it responds, but I will warn you to hear his voice inside of your head will be scary.

Current time: 13:30

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 28, 2023 6:33 am

Radicalthought0000 wrote:You avoided the part that I said I can prove it via Emotional manipulation, In other words, if I have your permission I can make a little proof of it. I can send you a message with a feelling, but I will modify your emoitons before you read it. That way you will know I'm telling the truth.

Well, this is going somewhere. You need to obtain my permission. What does that mean, 0000? Should I sign a contract with you? How will we (all of us) know when you really-O, truly-O have my permission? I think it's going to depend on whether or not you feel you have succeeded, so it's less about me than about you. Don't use the word "empirical" in my presence unless you make a disclaimer to be joking.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#16  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 28, 2023 12:01 pm

Not a very fun chew toy.

Disappointing.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Evolving » Aug 28, 2023 12:47 pm

Does "magick" mean something different when it's spelt with a K?
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#18  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 28, 2023 12:48 pm

Evolving wrote:Does "magick" mean something different when it's spelt with a K?

Knot much.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Evolving » Aug 28, 2023 12:48 pm

lol
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Evolving wrote:Does "magick" mean something different when it's spelt with a K?

It's more exotic, innit?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Next

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems