Matte Paintings - Beautiful Artwork

.org - just me recommending stuff.

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Matte Paintings - Beautiful Artwork

#1  Postby MattHunX » Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

My mom is always on the net browsing pics, photo sites by the hundreds, really. And she put a cool painting as the wallpaper on my dad's PC. She told me about this site called mattepainting.org with sub-galleries for specific themes.

The picture I really liked is on page 20, in the Showcase gallery: http://www.mattepainting.org/gallery/ma ... g2_page=20 It's the middle one in the first row, the Japenese-esque village with a waterfall. So beautiful, quaint:

Good wallpaper, too, even if the original dimension (1935x955) is not precisely for use as a wallpaper.

I would love to visit or even live in a village like that. Or govern one. :plot: 8-)
MattHunX

Print view this post

Re: Matte Paintings - Beautiful Artwork

#2  Postby Kaleid » Jan 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I love sites like that. That picture is gorgeous.

The one with the cat in the alley (Page 26, middle pic) is really moody. There are also some really cool cyberpunk pics, they're quite evocative.

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
Kaleid
RS Donator

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby chairman bill » Jan 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Terribly liable to flooding though. A flash flood through that gorge could be disasterous
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby MattHunX » Jan 11, 2012 3:42 pm

chairman bill wrote:Terribly liable to flooding though. A flash flood through that gorge could be disasterous

I was actually thinking about that. Thought they might mine/dig some tunnels through the mountainside/hillside to take pressure off of a damn that they could erect on the very top, over and further back from the waterfall, so as not to ruin the picturesque sight, with a power-plant, turbines all around under the reservoir, with the river flowing speedily down into the tunnels. I don't know if that's a clear image. :scratch:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#5  Postby JoeB » Jan 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Romanticism 2.0

Good find :)
JoeB
RS Donator

Name: Johan
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post