MJ fans?

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

MJ fans?

#1  Postby xsmooth_criminalx » Mar 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Sooo, I'm just wondering if there are any other MJ fans in here! If you're a Michael Jackson fan, you should say so :D because it'd be fun to see how many of us share common interests. In my case, I just want to know if there are any other fans in this forum since MJ fans tend to be diverse. I've met all sorts of MJ fans, from Jewish to Satanists to unsure of their faith/lack thereof, but I have never met another MJ fan who was an atheist. So if you are, that is really awesome! :mrgreen:

Also, I'm sure this has not yet been posted and that it belongs here under "music".
You've been HIT by, you've been STRUCK by, a Smooth Criminal~
xsmooth_criminalx

Name: Christelle
Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

Re: MJ fans?

#2  Postby InDeoRideo » Mar 11, 2010 8:40 pm

:puke:

I'm joking, but really - no.
InDeoRideo

Male

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Mononoke » Mar 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby xsmooth_criminalx » Mar 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Mononoke wrote:I'm a Fan of his nose

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Jackson.html

T____T''
xsmooth_criminalx

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Emmeline » Mar 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Count me in - I love MJ's music and dancing - have done for years. :cheers:
Emmeline

Print view this post

#6  Postby I D of E S » Mar 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Mononoke wrote:I'm a Fan of his nose

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Jackson.html

That is quite a transformation. :shock:

Anyway back on topic I would not call myself a fan, but I certainly enjoy his music.
I D of E S

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Mononoke » Mar 12, 2010 4:27 am

^^ I like his older works. But he started sucking after thriller.
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby xsmooth_criminalx » Mar 12, 2010 4:31 am

Topsy wrote:Count me in - I love MJ's music and dancing - have done for years. :cheers:

Yaaay!! :D
You get a -hug- for being an awesome MJ fan!
xsmooth_criminalx

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#9  Postby xsmooth_criminalx » Mar 12, 2010 4:34 am

Mononoke wrote:^^ I like his older works. But he started sucking after thriller.

Really? I find that I like his post-Thriller works better. My favourite MJ era is the HIStory/Blood on the Dance Floor era. He was the sexiest then, in my opinion, and the more aggressive beat in his later work (like they don't really care about us) is über-awesome!!
xsmooth_criminalx

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Mononoke » Mar 12, 2010 7:00 am

^^ the history album sucked. songs like scream, you are not alone, earth song were just plain annoying. That album personified his "i the victim, who didn't have a childhood" facade. Invincible was nothing more than rehash of his old work.
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby xsmooth_criminalx » Mar 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Mononoke wrote:^^ the history album sucked. songs like scream, you are not alone, earth song were just plain annoying. That album personified his "i the victim, who didn't have a childhood" facade. Invincible was nothing more than rehash of his old work.

The HIStory album is my favourite!! You Are Not Alone is so sweet! Earth Song is honest and Scream, with Janet, was just plain awesome! :D

He didn't have a proper childhood and I do not think it's a facade. Invincible was terribly under-rated, imo. I love it! :grin:
xsmooth_criminalx

Female

Spain (es)
Print view this post

#12  Postby hackenslash » Mar 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Earth Song should have been packaged with Riff Pilchard's 'Lord's Prayer', as they are of a similar quality.

Great performer, though. I was never a fan, and most of his songs were bloody awful, although musically quite clever.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#13  Postby username » Mar 16, 2010 8:44 am

There are quite a few Michael Jackson songs I really like from 'Off the wall' and 'Thriller' mostly.
Difficult life aside, at his peak he was an awesome performer.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it. - Mark Twain
username
Banned Sockpuppet

Female

Print view this post

#14  Postby LIFE » Mar 19, 2010 12:22 am

Okay, I guess this is my "coming-out" then.

I'm a huge MJ fan. When I was around 14 (?) I copied his dancing style, I've spend hours, weeks, months in front of the TV analyzing his every move and practicing it. Others played soccer (well I did too :lol: but not as much) and I practiced MJ moves instead. I became really good so that people even invited me to their parties to show some (I'm serious :shifty: ).
And I can still do the magic :naughty2: , well at least the MoonwalkTM and spins for starters...
I know most lyrics from memory and love everything he did (except Invincible, that album was a bit weak).

I was really, really sad when I heard from his death, just as much as when DNA threw his towel.
I think a lot of people had a negative view of MJ and it saddens me what the media has done to him.
"Although" he basically tried out every belief that is out there I think he was one of the most wonderful persons who ever walked this earth (as far as I can tell from observation). He had an extraordinary spirit and a big heart which I truly admire.

If magic would exist, I'd be sure he would have something to do with it :dopey:

Can't believe I just wrote all that, feel free to tear it to shreds :shifty:
LIFE
Site Admin

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#15  Postby I'm With Stupid » Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

He's one of the best at this sort of music, but it's not the sort of thing I'd sit down especially to listen to though. Good at a party though.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#16  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

LIFE wrote:Okay, I guess this is my "coming-out" then.

I'm a huge MJ fan. When I was around 14 (?) I copied his dancing style, I've spend hours, weeks, months in front of the TV analyzing his every move and practicing it. Others played soccer (well I did too :lol: but not as much) and I practiced MJ moves instead. I became really good so that people even invited me to their parties to show some (I'm serious :shifty: ).
And I can still do the magic :naughty2: , well at least the MoonwalkTM and spins for starters...
I know most lyrics from memory and love everything he did (except Invincible, that album was a bit weak).

I was really, really sad when I heard from his death, just as much as when DNA threw his towel.
I think a lot of people had a negative view of MJ and it saddens me what the media has done to him.
"Although" he basically tried out every belief that is out there I think he was one of the most wonderful persons who ever walked this earth (as far as I can tell from observation). He had an extraordinary spirit and a big heart which I truly admire.

If magic would exist, I'd be sure he would have something to do with it :dopey:

Can't believe I just wrote all that, feel free to tear it to shreds :shifty:

lol can't leave a metal brother hanging like that!

OK, yes very much so, I was about 7 or something in 1983ish...? I grew up in San Francisco. After wining and complaining my mom bought be the zipper jacket, though it was black. When we went to visit my grandmother down in LA, we went to his house.

And I might not be that fast to turn the station if some of his older songs came up.
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
obscured by clouds

Name: Mr. Obscured By Clouds

Print view this post

#17  Postby LIFE » Mar 19, 2010 1:33 am

And this is the best music video ever, so much oozing style and shows how much of a perfectionist he was:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVpQ0ZG8Q[/youtube]
LIFE
Site Admin

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Mr.Samsa » Mar 19, 2010 2:39 am

Well then, this is an interesting predicament we find ourselves in because I have to inform you that when I was about 7 I won a Michael Jackson dance-off in a small Welsh town. That's right, I won it because I was the best Michael Jackson dancer. I was so good in fact, that they gave me not only 3 MJ records but also 3 or 4 small teddy bears.

So it seems that if we should ever meet, a battle must take place. Two men enter, both dance like girls, and no man leaves with their dignity.

I eagerly await your reply to my challenge. Anything less than an enthusiastic "I accept!" will be met with hostility and incessant mocking. Let the games begin, my friend. Let the games begin!

*Moonwalks back into the shadows..*
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#19  Postby Mac_Guffin » Mar 19, 2010 3:06 am

I like his stuff between The Jackson 5 through the mid-90's. I didn't care much for what came after.
Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby starr » Mar 19, 2010 5:10 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:

Well then, this is an interesting predicament we find ourselves in because I have to inform you that when I was about 7 I won a Michael Jackson dance-off in a small Welsh town. That's right, I won it because I was the best Michael Jackson dancer. I was so good in fact, that they gave me not only 3 MJ records but also 3 or 4 small teddy bears.

So it seems that if we should ever meet, a battle must take place. Two men enter, both dance like girls, and no man leaves with their dignity.

I eagerly await your reply to my challenge. Anything less than an enthusiastic "I accept!" will be met with hostility and incessant mocking. Let the games begin, my friend. Let the games begin!

*Moonwalks back into the shadows..*

That is sooooooo awesome! I challenge you both to make a youtube video and we can have a virtual MJ dance off between Life and Mr Samsa right here on this very thread. :plot: :naughty2: 8-)

I have never called myself a fan of MJ the person but I do very much like a lot of his music (particularly the early stuff) and his dancing was awesome.
stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Next

Return to The Arts & Entertainment