I've joined an Islamic webforum...

Ummah.com

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: I've joined an Islamic webforum...

#201  Postby ChasM » Sep 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Shrunk wrote:But you can get 72 virgins.

What happens after you deflower all 72? Is there a recycling program in Paradise? :scratch:
The most common of follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind. HL Mencken
ChasM

Name: "Bob"
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#202  Postby Alan B » Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm

ChasM wrote:

What happens after you deflower all 72? Is there a recycling program in Paradise? :scratch:

Allah has arranged it that they will heal ready for the next time... Probably uses a magic version of Zinc & Castor Oil ointment.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#203  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

ChasM wrote:

Everytime I see 72 virgins I have think of Billy Connelly: "What 72 fucking virgins give me two raging whores anytime" or words to that effect.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#204  Postby Nebogipfel » Sep 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Alan B wrote:
ChasM wrote:

Allah has arranged it that they will heal ready for the next time... Probably uses a magic version of Zinc & Castor Oil ointment.

Nope, the small print is that you signed up for 72 virgins so that's the way they have to stay...
Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion
-- Carl Sagan
Nebogipfel

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#205  Postby ChasM » Sep 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Everytime I see 72 virgins I have think of Billy Connelly: "What 72 fucking virgins give me two raging whores anytime" or words to that effect.

Wuz thinkin' the same. :naughty2: (I think it was "firrrre-brrrreathin' whorrrres" tho [with that beautiful Scottish roll to the r's] - will have to go bak & see - always worth another look! :lol:)

Thanks all for your responses. Clearly, this is a point of contention in the rarefied world of Islamic theology, and plainly, my knowledge is not up to snuff. So much detail to waste one's time with learn, so little time here in this wicked, temporal world.
The most common of follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind. HL Mencken
ChasM

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#206  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 08, 2011 5:31 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
Alan B wrote:
ChasM wrote:

Nope, the small print is that you signed up for 72 virgins so that's the way they have to stay...

Now that never occurred to me. Here are your 72 virgins, they must stay this way for all eternity and it is your duty to look after them. Protect, care for, feed and love, but they must remain virgins. Brilliant!!
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#207  Postby z8000783 » Sep 08, 2011 5:37 am

My wife said she was a virgin when we got married. I asked about her two previous husbands but she said they don't count. :scratch:

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#208  Postby ChasM » Sep 08, 2011 5:50 am

Onyx8 wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Alan B wrote:Allah has arranged it that they will heal ready for the next time... Probably uses a magic version of Zinc & Castor Oil ointment.

Now that never occurred to me. Here are your 72 virgins, they must stay this way for all eternity and it is your duty to look after them. Protect, care for, feed and love, but they must remain virgins. Brilliant!!

Ah, lookie at nookie, but no touchy. Freakin' Paradise is sounding less and less tantalizing...

Caring fer 72 blak-eyed virgins is drivin me daffy!
ChasM

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#209  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 08, 2011 5:53 am

..but more and more like the internet.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#210  Postby ChasM » Sep 08, 2011 6:08 am

ChasM

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#211  Postby Scar » Sep 08, 2011 6:25 am

I'm gay, so I really wouldn't know, but do you actually always realize wether a girl you have sex with is a virgin without explicitely looking/"feeling"(?) for it?

Maybe god cheats^^
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#212  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 08, 2011 7:03 am

Scar wrote:I'm gay, so I really wouldn't know, but do you actually always realize wether a girl you have sex with is a virgin without explicitely looking/"feeling"(?) for it?

Maybe god cheats^^

I can assure you it is quite different, bloody and painful (for both parties).

Well that is my experience. :whistle:

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#213  Postby Alan B » Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Scar wrote:I'm gay, so I really wouldn't know, but do you actually always realize wether a girl you have sex with is a virgin without explicitely looking/"feeling"(?) for it?

Maybe god cheats^^

I seem to have got away with all that mess - once. Couldn't find any more virgins after that... :scratch:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#214  Postby Scar » Sep 08, 2011 8:53 am

My understanding is that hymens do greatly vary between women so it can be quite a mess, or barely noticeable.
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#215  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 08, 2011 9:01 am

Alan B wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Maybe god cheats^^

I seem to have got away with all that mess - once. Couldn't find any more virgins after that... :scratch:

Yes I noticed that when at school. It was quite amazing very few virgins. :ask:

Mind you many girls lose their virginity without knowing. My wife lost hers in a cycle accident when she was 12.

Horse riding apparently is not a healthy exercise if a girl wants to keep her hymen in tact.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#216  Postby Oeditor » Sep 08, 2011 9:52 am

Scar wrote:My understanding is that hymens do greatly vary between women so it can be quite a mess, or barely noticeable.
Then there's all that horse/camel-riding. If the virgins had made the long journey up to heaven on a Bucking Buraq, their hymens might well have been in tatters to start with. :)
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#217  Postby Shrunk » Sep 08, 2011 10:37 am

All joking aside, this entire fixation of "viriginity" even in the after life is just further evidence of the depths of he misogyny that characterizes Islam. The point is that a woman is your own personal, private possession who must have known no other sexual pleasure but that which you have allowed her. Truly vile.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#218  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

Shrunk wrote:All joking aside, this entire fixation of "viriginity" even in the after life is just further evidence of the depths of he misogyny that characterizes Islam. The point is that a woman is your own personal, private possession who must have known no other sexual pleasure but that which you have allowed her. Truly vile.

If that was the only restriction that she would have face :yuk:

But it is one of just many......

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#219  Postby Alan B » Sep 08, 2011 10:55 am

Now, let's sort these virgins out: here.
Al-Suyuti wrote:Each time we sleep with a Houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [i.e. Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetizing vaginas.
Nowhere in the Koran does it mention the number of Houris (virgins).
Attributes: (from the same source)
Physical Attributes:
Wide and beautiful/lovely eyes
Like pearls
Hairless except the eye brows and the head
Beautiful
White : Why??
60 cubits [27.5 meters] tall :scratch: Each Muslim must be given an enormous dick??
7 cubits [3.2 meters] in width :scratch: Ditto
Transparent to the marrow of their bones
Eternally young : About 9 years old?
Companions of equal age : All about 9 years old?

Sexual Attributes:
Untouched / with hymen unbroken by sexual intercourse : Does this apply during intercourse? :ask:
Virgins : We've just said that
Voluptuous/full-breasted
With large, round breasts which are not inclined to hang : I prefer the smallish pert upstanding ones, with big nipples, myself...
Appetizing vaginas : WTF is an appetising vagina? It doesn't smell, perhaps?

Personality Attributes
Chaste females : So, these '72 virgins' don't get to be shared out to other Muslims? Each Muslim must have his own batch of 72?
Restraining their glances : From what? Looking at other Muslim men?
Modest gaze : Ditto

Other Attributes
Splendid
Pure : I presume, in this context, meaning young (see above), innocent and virginal.
Non-menstruating / non-urinating/ non-defecating and childfree : Well, they would be if they were Houris...

My comments in italics. (Thought I would add that in case some Muslim got confused... :lol: )
This seems relevant:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYQwCW5ShQ[/youtube]
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#220  Postby bioeng » Sep 09, 2011 4:54 am

What the fuck is a "modest gaze"? Doesn't sound like my type.
bioeng

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam