Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#10141  Postby tuco » Dec 30, 2016 10:43 am

I drank too much yesterday. Sorry!
tuco

Print view this post

#10142  Postby Sendraks » Dec 30, 2016 10:51 am

Seriously dude, more often than not you post reasonable and thought provoking stuff. You really do. Then you go and post silly stuff which gives the wrong impression about the contribution you make to these forums, which I think is vastly more worthwhile than the occasional nonsense that overshadows it.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#10143  Postby Mazille » Dec 30, 2016 11:24 am

Sendraks wrote:
tuco wrote:What you said makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. You just failed to understand it and more importantly, failed to grasp that Maz was just having a laugh.

Thank you.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#10144  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Mazille wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Doesn't seem to be much in the Steam sale that's either not something I already own, don't want, or still not low price enough.

Maybe Dishounered 2, but that's still at 40 €.

Yup. Pretty much this.

Decided to get Telltale's Batman, since my latest playthrough of ME 3 got abruptly ended by the realisations that Ashley isn't a romance option for FemShep and 'romancing' James Vega in the Citadel DLC boils down to getting him drunk and having an implied (no scenes whatsoever compared to Paramour relationships) one-nightstand that's apparently never to be discussed again.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#10145  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Aaaand, I just requested a refund. The game has terrible FPS issues. Eventhough I can run games like Witcher 3 and Battlefield 1 on highest settings.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#10146  Postby MattHunX » Dec 31, 2016 11:07 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Mazille wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Doesn't seem to be much in the Steam sale that's either not something I already own, don't want, or still not low price enough.

Maybe Dishounered 2, but that's still at 40 €.

Yup. Pretty much this.

Decided to get Telltale's Batman, since my latest playthrough of ME 3 got abruptly ended by the realisations that Ashley isn't a romance option for FemShep and 'romancing' James Vega in the Citadel DLC boils down to getting him drunk and having an implied (no scenes whatsoever compared to Paramour relationships) one-nightstand that's apparently never to be discussed again.

I was more annoyed about Miranda not being romanceable with a FemShep. :lol:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#10147  Postby Animavore » Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Finally got MGSV for myself on PS4 for 15 quid. I've played it with my friend's kid on XBOX 360, but you can't play it properly with him. No time for stealth or exploration. The 60fps over 30fps makes loads of difference though, even if graphically there's not much.

This is the best game I've played in ages. It has everything. I'm currently playing story missions, which are ranked, in stealth, scoping areas from every angle so as not to miss anyone before taking them out one by one. In between the main missions I'm bringing the heavy weapons in, calling airstrikes, and creating as much mayhem as possible. Fun either way.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10148  Postby UncertainSloth » Dec 31, 2016 2:10 pm

finished last guardian the other day and fucking loved it, despite the foibles that have been present throughout the three games....ranks just behind sotc for me and thats mainly because sotc is unshakeably in my top games ever...:D

now to get properly stuck into ff15 then the evergrowing digital backlog..ideally playing these before buying/trading others this year (though resi 7 may be the first to challenge this...;) )
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10149  Postby Animavore » Dec 31, 2016 8:44 pm

Got The Witcher 3 DLCs. Between the two of them there's probably as much content as the game at a third of the price. The wholu new map of Toussaint from Blood and Wine (DLC 2), with its Mediterranean vibe, really adds value.

Thankfully you can skip straight to them with starting gear and skill points to map. Wasn't arsed starting again.

DLC done right.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10150  Postby UncertainSloth » Dec 31, 2016 8:55 pm

aye, looking to get a goty version of that at some point....loved the main game so would happily play its dlc...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10151  Postby Animavore » Jan 01, 2017 3:01 am

The Witness is popping up as a contender for GOTY on loads of publications (And why not? It's amazing). Lots of comment sections full of derision over this. "Pretentious" and "hipster indie trash" have been bandied about.

Let them eat cake, I say. :snooty:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10152  Postby Rumraket » Jan 03, 2017 11:20 am

Animavore wrote:The Witness is popping up as a contender for GOTY on loads of publications (And why not? It's amazing). Lots of comment sections full of derision over this. "Pretentious" and "hipster indie trash" have been bandied about.

Let them eat cake, I say. :snooty:

Declaring this on January 1st seems a bit premature. :grin:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#10153  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 05, 2017 12:49 am

tuco wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:PM me if you want. I'm not going to link anything here ;)

Its like .. you going on a trip to (I am sorry but .. ) Thailand, meeting guys/girls there, and when asked: How was it? You go like .. without giving out details, it was alright for one exception. You kidding me?! I do not care how it was, I want the details! :P

I assume you are having fun at my expense, but just in case this is a serious inquiry...

The awesome link I would provide would be against the FUA, so if you are curious I will provide it upon request made in a PM. ;)
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10154  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Been playing around with Boundless early access. I like the concept of endless portal hopping and exploring planet to planet in a very minecrafty style voxel based mine/build/explore sandbox game. Hoping it takes off.

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10155  Postby tuco » Jan 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Fun .. teasing you and being curious and maybe being envy and, well, friendly. Just do not take what I say too seriously. Its indeed like if you came from Thailand .. omg where are we heading lol I like it!
tuco

Print view this post

#10156  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm

I'd never take you seriously tuco ;)
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10157  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2017 8:51 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10158  Postby I'm With Stupid » Jan 10, 2017 1:51 am

Has anyone played One Night Stand? I've heard good things and it's really cheap.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#10159  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2017 8:48 pm

I wish I had've just watched this - instead of watching the movie.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10160  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Informative but wrong thread, unless movies are now considered low interaction video games.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games