Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#7961  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Splatoon does run into similar problems to other online shooters. High level people with good gear will wreck you no matter your skill. So far the high level douche meta is to be a roller with the kraken power and camp the crap out of the others starting area as often as you can.

When I run into a group of people doing that and all high levels I tend to stop for a few minutes then rejoin and thus be in a different group.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7962  Postby MattHunX » Jun 01, 2015 2:27 pm

I just read that this white-haired woman name Ciri, is a playable character in Witcher 3. Hopefully in a full-capacity, 'cause now I'm tempted. :)

'Vore, anything you can add, here?
MattHunX

Print view this post

#7963  Postby Animavore » Jun 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Yes.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7964  Postby MattHunX » Jun 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Animavore wrote:Yes.

I only found a 2 minute gameplay vid of her dashing around wolves. I like abilities like that. Speed and agility.

I'm tempted to play, but only with her and not Geralt. Much more interesting.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#7965  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Animavore wrote:OMG you're a serious asshole.

:lol:

Not me mate, the Devs. :mrgreen: I didn't put in the sadistic choices. I read a bit about plot branching in Witcher 3. It doesn't seem to branch so much as become a really thorny tangled thicket, the outcome depends on multiple seemingly unrelated choices being made. When I finally get to play, I'm going to go with the ride and see what happens. Trying to get a "golden ending" seems something that you need to do over multiple play through, or a thorough read of a walkthrough.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#7966  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 01, 2015 8:37 pm

You can't play Ciri whenever you want, there are set missions were you play as here. And frankly she is shit compared to Geralt. Her magic is weaker than his, her damage output is weaker, or utility is weaker and she just all round sucks. Her flash is no different from Geralts dodge bar it can go through enemies.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7967  Postby willhud9 » Jun 02, 2015 4:02 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Splatoon does run into similar problems to other online shooters. High level people with good gear will wreck you no matter your skill. So far the high level douche meta is to be a roller with the kraken power and camp the crap out of the others starting area as often as you can.

When I run into a group of people doing that and all high levels I tend to stop for a few minutes then rejoin and thus be in a different group.

Thankfully I will be playing with friends and able to coordinate with my teammates via skype.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7968  Postby UncertainSloth » Jun 02, 2015 6:07 am

dipping into various ps4 games since picking one up at the weekend...the young one is educating me in the ways of bloodborne & i have also embarked on shadow of mordor while she embarks on witcher 3...love discovering stuff on a new console...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7969  Postby MattHunX » Jun 02, 2015 6:51 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:You can't play Ciri whenever you want, there are set missions were you play as here. And frankly she is shit compared to Geralt. Her magic is weaker than his, her damage output is weaker, or utility is weaker and she just all round sucks. Her flash is no different from Geralts dodge bar it can go through enemies.

Yeah, I've read you can only take control of her at certain points. Sucks. :(
MattHunX

Print view this post

#7970  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 02, 2015 4:37 pm

willhud9 wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Splatoon does run into similar problems to other online shooters. High level people with good gear will wreck you no matter your skill. So far the high level douche meta is to be a roller with the kraken power and camp the crap out of the others starting area as often as you can.

Thankfully I will be playing with friends and able to coordinate with my teammates via skype.

While that will help since you can better focus on getting and keeping set areas of locale in the end the game doesn't really need it to win. One player in the last seconds can change the outcome of the entire match if they are clever and a team too wrapped up in holding one point will find themselves losing as the other team just rampages all around.

In fact I don't even know if a premade team would be kept together in turf war mode, it changes your team around ever match. But I havent had anyone to join a friend with to see how that works so maybe it does keep friends together.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7971  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Still a fun game though. Nipple-rings FTW!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7972  Postby UncertainSloth » Jun 02, 2015 8:59 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... d-tomorrow

fuck knows what my top three games are, i;d really have to give it some thought out of the hundreds i've played over the years but fo3 is, and will always be, part of it....fonv would be top ten...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7973  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 02, 2015 9:18 pm

I am mega skeptical. Last year or the year before someone set up a fake website with a countdown just like this new one.

I do love at the end of that article the New Vegas dev talking about the choices shouldn't be black and white...you know like in New Vegas where things were pretty fucking black and white in the main story. Pick a side, stick with that side or else they will know that you are doing other stuff somehow.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7974  Postby Matt8819 » Jun 02, 2015 11:34 pm

That countdown was tweeted by the official Bethesda account, the hype is real.

Sent from my phone, somehow.
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7975  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 03, 2015 12:10 am

Nope I will sit on my hype till they actually announce it at E3.

Then I will freak out and hype all over the place and onto everything.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7976  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 03, 2015 12:50 am

I should mention there is the chance that this is the Fallout MMO and not Fallout 4. Another reason to sit on your hype.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7977  Postby MattHunX » Jun 03, 2015 6:21 am

I will be just curious to see of they've learned from all their mistakes. Or will they make the same promises and then end up with the same stupid stuff.

I remember how excited they were in developer vids about the use of double spells in Skyim, and they couldn't even make the key-mapping work so people could actually use it properly.

Or the "RADIANT" AI....pff....LOL...or the rotation of the items in the inventory that also did not work, only after several fucking patches. Some of them are small things, granted, but they couldn't deliver even on that.

One of the devs said how they were always about detail, when he was talking about graphics and they were zooming in on some stuff in the environmental. Detail. The modders had to release a true HD texture pack to make that a reality. And let's not even mention the memory bottle-neck.

They did make me learn to laugh at their incompetence, though. When I read about some DLC they made for the game and the patch notes after said that it fixed additional content that wasn't properly accessible or something like that. I mean, the whole fucking point of a DLC is the new content.

Bioware made the mistake with Dragon Age Inquisition. They said they took inspiration from Skyrim. They shouldn't have. Skyrim, in particular is way too big. Needlessly so. And is left full of (sometimes game-breaking) bugs and glitches, half-assed textures, the usual retarded AI, faulty or entirely not working mechanics.

And the same was the case with Fallout, New Vegas and Oblivion. Even after months and years they couldn't even fix a lot of things that were addressed by the UNofficial patches by the modder community, not to mention their enhanced textures, add-ons...etc.

Bottom-line is, their vanilla-games are barely worth playing. And after only just a month or two, the modders would release enhanced textures, character models, bug fixes, injectors with better colors, effects, sharpening, bloom, blurring...etc. and the player would realize how much better the game could have been if the developers had really bothered to deliver on their promises or if they'd have better designer to begin with. The modders do it as a hobby. Sure, they only improve on existing designs, but it shows what a little extra work could do. Lots.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#7978  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jun 03, 2015 12:20 pm

MattHunX wrote:Bottom-line is, their vanilla-games are barely worth playing. And after only just a month or two, the modders would release enhanced textures, character models, bug fixes, injectors with better colors, effects, sharpening, bloom, blurring...etc. and the player would realize how much better the game could have been if the developers had really bothered to deliver on their promises or if they'd have better designer to begin with. The modders do it as a hobby. Sure, they only improve on existing designs, but it shows what a little extra work could do. Lots.

So with a few extra months development, crowd sourced labour, and being able to configure the gameplay and graphics to your personal preferences, it vastly improves the game. Who would have thought it? I'm really looking forward to playing TES games modded out the wazoo when my PC arrives later this month.

I don't know why they don't invite active modders to beta their games with mod tools, then cherry pick the best improvements from a large play testing base for final release? These people are already providing their time for free, why not give them early access?
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#7979  Postby Ironclad » Jun 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Anyone up for Elder Scrolls?
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#7980  Postby Briton » Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

MattHunX wrote:
Bottom-line is, their vanilla-games are barely worth playing. And after only just a month or two, the modders would release enhanced textures, character models, bug fixes, injectors with better colors, effects, sharpening, bloom, blurring...etc. and the player would realize how much better the game could have been if the developers had really bothered to deliver on their promises or if they'd have better designer to begin with. The modders do it as a hobby. Sure, they only improve on existing designs, but it shows what a little extra work could do. Lots.

While GFX enhancements are fine, I think the gameplay changes that are possible are way more important than those examples you give (bug fixes excluded). I agree that the vanilla games are not really worth playing but I love Bethesda for the fact they make it so easy to mod their games to suit your tastes.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games