Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#9861  Postby aban57 » Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm

French reference jeuxvideo.com gave WFF an 18/20, apparently it's very good.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9862  Postby tuco » Oct 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Part of the reason its in bin is because atm I have shit internet and cant download .. now I am reading its on PS4/Vita, well that's not for me.
tuco

Print view this post

#9863  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 27, 2016 7:21 pm

aban57 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Pre-loading DB Xenoverse 2 which is scheduled to unlock at 24:00.
Why couldn't it be a more descent time like 20:00?

Because 20h00 today is the 27th, not the 28th :)
Anyone took a look at World of Final Fantasy ?

may try the demo but footage looks a bit too cutesy for me which is a shame as i like the mashup idea....one to pick up cheap, i think....just fucking give me ff15 already...jeez...

just finished the main story of rise of the tomb raider - more of the post-uncharted same so fine by me, though one wonders how many times these games can tread basically the same storyline...but who ever played tomb raider for the story? ive grown resigned to the fact i will never get lost or confused as in tr3 or enjoy puzzles like st francis' folly any more so this as a platforming adventure is fine by me....as with the first, have sold on now and will pick up cheap in the future to wade through all the stuff ive missed...just going to pootle on the dlc, looking forward to the baba yaga one...

unsure what's next, may be star ocean or the bioshock collection...or one of the dozens of psn games ive accumulated....or even the world of ff demo....:D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9864  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 27, 2016 8:42 pm

aban57 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Pre-loading DB Xenoverse 2 which is scheduled to unlock at 24:00.

Thing is that it was advertised to release the 27th and in the UK it does release the 27th, at 23:00.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9865  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm

tuco wrote:Yeah got it in email, its in bin now. What did I miss?

Got what in email? The game? Why/how? And why did you throw it in the bin?

tuco wrote:Because the world is fucked up. I mean what would happen if they release it at 20:00? Seriously. I am willing to be convinced that something would happen despite I think nothing would. Nothing.

People would not have to either, wait up until the midlle of the night to try it, or wait until the next afternoon, on a workday.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9866  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

theres been an email marketing campaign about it & the free demo, i assume this is what hes referring to...
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9867  Postby aban57 » Oct 28, 2016 6:45 am

UncertainSloth wrote:
aban57 wrote:

may try the demo but footage looks a bit too cutesy for me which is a shame as i like the mashup idea....one to pick up cheap, i think....just fucking give me ff15 already...jeez...

just finished the main story of rise of the tomb raider - more of the post-uncharted same so fine by me, though one wonders how many times these games can tread basically the same storyline...but who ever played tomb raider for the story? ive grown resigned to the fact i will never get lost or confused as in tr3 or enjoy puzzles like st francis' folly any more so this as a platforming adventure is fine by me....as with the first, have sold on now and will pick up cheap in the future to wade through all the stuff ive missed...just going to pootle on the dlc, looking forward to the baba yaga one...

unsure what's next, may be star ocean or the bioshock collection...or one of the dozens of psn games ive accumulated....or even the world of ff demo....:D

The last Star Ocean is shit, don't bother :)
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9868  Postby aban57 » Oct 28, 2016 6:45 am

UncertainSloth wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

theres been an email marketing campaign about it & the free demo, i assume this is what hes referring to...

I was refering to the game itself, never heard of any email or marketing campaign.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9869  Postby tuco » Oct 28, 2016 8:29 am

Its like UncertainSloth assumed. Instead of writing .. I got an email from Square Enix that free demo is available .. I wrote .. got it in email. I assume, possibly wrongly, that those who read and reply to what I write are like UncertainSloth. /shrugs
tuco

Print view this post

#9870  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 28, 2016 9:00 am

Really like the game.
They greatly improved the combat system.

The only hitch up so far is that, on pc, one of the combo's requires you to press the maps button and dash button at the same time.
And while all other multiple-key combos so far work fine, if I try that combo, it just opens the map while dashing forward.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9871  Postby Sendraks » Oct 28, 2016 9:24 am

Pretty much just playing WoW.

Legion has got me grasped firmly by the balls and won't let me go. Best WoW ever.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#9872  Postby electricwhiteboy » Oct 28, 2016 10:20 am

Playing Divinity Original Sin with the wife. Enjoying it but it's stupidly hard even on the "Classic" difficulty. It varies hugely in difficulty and the structure of the questing is a bit crazy.

Two different side quests gave me the same reward, access to the library. The library gave me access to play scripts for another quest with a troop of players, completing this side quest was important in a third side quest to steal a talking head. Completing that quest then gives a summon spell for a follower who is part of another side quest (or main quest, I'm really not sure at this point)
Last edited by electricwhiteboy on Oct 28, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#9873  Postby Sendraks » Oct 28, 2016 10:40 am

electricwhiteboy wrote:Playing Divinity Original Sin with the wife. Enjoying it but it's stupidly hard even on the "Classic" difficulty. It varies hugely in difficulty and the structure of the questing is a bit crazy.

I've yet to play Divinity OS but, I really should, given how much I enjoyed Divine Divinity. The original was not a forgiving game in its own right and its open structure meant you could easily wander into areas with tough mobs before you were ready and they'd just destroy you.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#9874  Postby electricwhiteboy » Oct 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Sendraks wrote:
electricwhiteboy wrote:Playing Divinity Original Sin with the wife. Enjoying it but it's stupidly hard even on the "Classic" difficulty. It varies hugely in difficulty and the structure of the questing is a bit crazy.

I've yet to play Divinity OS but, I really should, given how much I enjoyed Divine Divinity. The original was not a forgiving game in its own right and its open structure meant you could easily wander into areas with tough mobs before you were ready and they'd just destroy you.

The guards do warn you that certain areas are above your skill level. However, as the whole game is open from the start you can circumvent and sequence break. We've been kerb stomped a couple of times and came back later. Using the environment and the mechanics to your advantage is vital.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#9875  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 28, 2016 1:38 pm

aban57 wrote:
UncertainSloth wrote:
aban57 wrote:

The last Star Ocean is shit, don't bother :)

aye, ive heard as much - got it on a free loan, though, so not as if ive forked out for it.....bear in mind im a champion of shonky, lowbudget, derided rpgs like two worlds & risen...:D

ill give it a punt anyway...
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9876  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 28, 2016 1:41 pm

electricwhiteboy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

The guards do warn you that certain areas are above your skill level. However, as the whole game is open from the start you can circumvent and sequence break. We've been kerb stomped a couple of times and came back later. Using the environment and the mechanics to your advantage is vital.

i enjoyed original sin but it does get ridiculously hard very early on...love the original &, despite its foibles, divinity 2...

finished all the dlc for rottr this morning....some nice touches in croft manor dlc and enjoyed the cold darkness/baba yaga ones...

just reminded myself i need to finish inquisition and its dlc....buggeration, so many games and such little free time...
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9877  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Stumbled upon a reference to Russell's Teapot while playing Stellaris. :D
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9878  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Despite the many issues I have with the new Civilisation 6, it does have excellent music by Christopher Tin:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9879  Postby jamest » Oct 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Tell us about the issues. I'm a Civ fan wondering whether to splash the cash.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#9880  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 28, 2016 7:56 pm

jamest wrote:Tell us about the issues. I'm a Civ fan wondering whether to splash the cash.

:this:

I've been wondering whether it's worth getting all XXXX about Civ 6, so dish the dirt, please.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games