"The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

hackenslash
Name: The Other Sweary One
Location: That niggling voice telling you you might be wrong...

Re: "The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

Post by hackenslash »

Indeed.

And, as you know, I'm more the shock and awe type.
Greg the Grouper
Name: Patrick

Post by Greg the Grouper »

To be honest, I kind of wonder why people rally behind Donald Trump instead of Tucker Carlson. He's capable of speaking without sounding entirely like a gibbering baboon, and he seems to enjoy towing the same line, so wouldn't he naturally serve as a better candidate for Trump's Patriot Party?
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

Spinozasgalt";p="2773734 wrote:
hackenslash";p="2773709 wrote:Maybe there's some history I'm unaware of [...]

arugula2 doesn't like me calling out defences of people like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Greenwald, the Assadists at the Grayzone, and that whole "actually, we should work with the fascists because they're the true working class" brigade that call themselves leftists online. Doesn't like me being concise either, because there's less run up for the Gish gallop.

But you know how I like to post. Short but devastating. :drunk:

I want you to know that I brashly and courageously didn't click the thumb button on this post.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Post by Spearthrower »

Greg the Grouper";p="2773736 wrote: He's capable of speaking without sounding entirely like a gibbering baboon,

Instead, a scrunch-faced fear-baboon; different species entirely.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
The_Piper
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Location: Unfortunately not from the morally superior and socially advanced European continent.

Post by The_Piper »

Also John Oliver "frozen dinner juke". :lol: I know it's duke, but I like his pronunciation, it sounds funnier.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Tortured_Genius

Post by Tortured_Genius »

None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
willhud9
Name: William

Post by willhud9 »

Spinozasgalt";p="2773734 wrote:
hackenslash";p="2773709 wrote:Maybe there's some history I'm unaware of [...]

arugula2 doesn't like me calling out defences of people like Tucker Carlson and Glenn Greenwald, the Assadists at the Grayzone, and that whole "actually, we should work with the fascists because they're the true working class" brigade that call themselves leftists online. Doesn't like me being concise either, because there's less run up for the Gish gallop.

But you know how I like to post. Short but devastating. :drunk:

I've missed you. :waah:
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
Seabass
Name: Gazpacho Police

Post by Seabass »

I didn't think it possible for me to hate this guy more than I already did, but it turns out I was wrong about that.

Tucker Carlson Admits: ‘I Lie if I’m Really Cornered or Something’

Fox News host Tucker Carlson confessed over the weekend that he will “lie” whenever he’s “really cornered or something.”

During a Sunday appearance on right-wing provocateur Dave Rubin’s podcast, Carlson took aim at his rivals on CNN over what he claimed was their habit of telling falsehoods on the air. (The segment was first flagged by Media Matters, a liberal watchdog and Carlson nemesis.)

“How do you think they live with themselves at this point when they just lie again and again and we have the internet to expose the lies?” Rubin asked, adding: “We can expose it now and they still do it.”

The far-right primetime star insisted that unlike other cable news personalities, who “systematically lie,” he claimed, Carlson tries to refrain from lying himself—but will do it if he feels trapped.

Tucker Carlson: "I lie if I'm really cornered or something. I lie." https://t.co/OAZuv4JLfS https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1437426318040260612

— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) September 13, 2021

“Well, it’s—I guess I would ask myself, like, I mean I lie if I’m really cornered or something,” Carlson said. “I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t—I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever.”

While Carlson presented his lying as a human “weakness” he works to combat, his network’s own lawyers have successfully argued in court that no “reasonable viewer” should actually believe the words coming out of his mouth on-air.

Just over the past year, of course, Carlson has peddled such obvious falsehoods as claiming the COVID-19 vaccines don’t work, the Green New Deal was responsible for Texas’ winter storm power-grid failure, immigrants are making the Potomac River “dirtier and dirtier,” and that there’s no evidence that white supremacists played a role in the violent Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

During the same Rubin segment, Carlson argued that mainstream media outlets “protect and guard the powerful” while using their influence to put its “boot on the neck of the weakest people.” The Fox host insisted that while he may have done it in the past, he no longer uses his top-rated show to target less powerful figures.

“I have done that, inadvertently over the years because I got carried away. But I really try not to. And everyone who works on our show is very aware of the most basic rule, which is don’t piss down.” he said. “Don’t attack people beneath you. If you’re gonna you know, take a punch, make sure it's upward—someone who is rich or stronger, more powerful, in charge of more things than you are. Punch up, like, that’s just a life rule. And people who punch down are the worst. They should have no power whatsoever, in my opinion.”

Besides repeatedly demonizing asylum-seeking refugees, poor immigrants, and the homeless, Carlson routinely punches down at people with far less power and influence than him or his show: school teachers, Capitol police officers, and lesser-known media figures, among others.

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-admits-lie-m-201528895.html

This fucking guy is a multi-millionaire who inherited a frozen dinner fortune who, despite not having to work for a living, chooses to make a living hosting a popular TV program on which he punches down at minorities, immigrants, refugees, black civil-rights protestors, homeless, trans people, etc. His fucking raison d'etre seems to be punching down at the less fortunate, and then he says this shit with a straight face. This guy LIVES to punch down. It's all he does!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
hackenslash
Name: The Other Sweary One
Location: That niggling voice telling you you might be wrong...

Post by hackenslash »

Evolving
Name: Serafina Pekkala

Post by Evolving »

:rofl:
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
The_Piper
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Location: Unfortunately not from the morally superior and socially advanced European continent.

Post by The_Piper »

evil-laugh-frog.gif
evil-laugh-frog.gif (14.36 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Alan C

Post by Alan C »

I wonder if he was among those texting Meadows on Jan 6.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
felltoearth

Post by felltoearth »

I don’t normally kink shame but jerking off to an anthropomorphized animated piece of candy is definitely weird.

Tucker Carlson complains new M&M's mascots are 'less sexy'
On Friday's episode of Tucker Carlson Tonight, the Fox News host commented on the candy mascots' recent redesign, noting that "the brown M&M has, quote, 'transitioned from high stilettos to lower block heels' … [L]ess sexy. That's progress."

Carlson went on to argue this makeover is all part of a woke conspiracy to quench the sexual desire he assumes many of his viewers previously felt for the talking candies: "M&M's will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous. Until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them. That's the goal. When you're totally turned off, we've achieved equity. They've won," Carlson said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Post by felltoearth »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
Alan C

Post by Alan C »

Probably one of the weirder battles he's picked I suppose. In a way it would be nice to argue over these sorts of things after having solved the major ongoing dumpster fires in the world like climate, education, voting rights...
Seems like that'd involve somehow fixing humans without resorting to a hive mind or something.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I'm kinda relieved it isn't Jelly Babies.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Seabass
Name: Gazpacho Police

Post by Seabass »

The most watched "news" program on the most watched "news" network in the US.

Tucker Carlson wrote:Why do I hate Putin so much? Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him? Has he shipped every middle-class job in my town to Russia? Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity? Does he eat dogs? These are fair questions, and the answer to all of them is 'no'. Vladimir Putin didn't do any of that.

video:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1496290844797992960

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Agi Hammerthief

Post by Agi Hammerthief »

Tucker Carlson wrote:Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him?

of cause not.
Putin doesn‘t threaten to fire you.
He just has you fired, imprisoned or poisoned.
Order of events may vary.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Alan C

Post by Alan C »

Agi Hammerthief";p="2781549 wrote:
Tucker Carlson";p="2781549 wrote:Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him?

of cause not.
Putin doesn‘t threaten to fire you.
He just has you fired, imprisoned or poisoned.
Order of events may vary.

Or have an accident while doing balcony parkour.
Agi Hammerthief

Post by Agi Hammerthief »

Alan C";p="2781563 wrote:Or have a „tragic“ „accident“ while doing balcony parkour.

fify
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )