Historical Jesus

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Historical Jesus

#42161  Postby Dark energy » Feb 12, 2017 1:05 pm

how does a soul end up in hell.

by not believing by the time it was on earth,by doing evil things likes of pharaoh/Hitler,there are many scenarios in which a specific soul can end up in hell when they follow the footsteps of Satan .
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#42162  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 12, 2017 1:08 pm

What in the hell does this have to do with the thread. It is a massive derail. Bloody hell mo and allah can piss off or start a new thread.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#42163  Postby dejuror » Feb 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Dark energy wrote:

it is because the bible has been altered by greedy clergymen to suit their needs,you need to read the koran and send me the contradictions you see in the koran,i would be more than happy to debate with you on that issue.

Which Bible is "the Bible"? There is no "the Bible". There has never ever been any 'Word of God". All so-called Bibles are either invented or altered propaganda to suit the needs of the religious and government.
dejuror

Print view this post

#42164  Postby DavidMcC » Feb 12, 2017 4:26 pm

dejuror wrote:
Dark energy wrote:

it is because the bible has been altered by greedy clergymen to suit their needs,you need to read the koran and send me the contradictions you see in the koran,i would be more than happy to debate with you on that issue.

Which Bible is "the Bible"? There is no "the Bible". There has never ever been any 'Word of God". All so-called Bibles are either invented or altered propaganda to suit the needs of the religious and government.

Of course it isn't the "word of god" (which is imposible, given that there is no such thing as "god"), but to claim that there is no "the Bible" is to rewrite history.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#42165  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Maybe dejuror means "The Bible" as written by God. I've not seen that edition in the bookshops.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#42166  Postby DavidMcC » Feb 12, 2017 4:54 pm

LucidFlight wrote:Maybe dejuror means "The Bible" as written by God. I've not seen that edition in the bookshops.

Nor I, but if that's what he means, he shoud have said so, surely?
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#42167  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Look the bible is different almost for every flavour of xtianity. What DE does not understand so is the koran. There at present three versions in use and never mind the hadiths.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#42168  Postby RealityRules » Feb 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:
Dark energy wrote:saw this contradiction in the basics of christianity,who is the God? who is jesus? why would God pray to himself

Luke 22:42 "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." Or indeed anytime he prays.
if they are the same entity you run into the problem of Jesus praying to himself in the Garden of Gethsemane,how do christians solve this contradiction.God asking mercy from himself? paying to himself.

Christians don't say they are the same entity.

Yes they do.
RealityRules

Name: GMak

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#42169  Postby Dark energy » Feb 12, 2017 6:17 pm

christianity is no different then hinduism when it comes to polytheism.
they have over glorified jesus to the status of GOD,thus they worship three beings Jeus,holy ghost and God.simple as that.
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#42170  Postby Tracer Tong » Feb 12, 2017 8:15 pm

RealityRules wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:
Dark energy wrote:saw this contradiction in the basics of christianity,who is the God? who is jesus? why would God pray to himself

Luke 22:42 "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." Or indeed anytime he prays.
if they are the same entity you run into the problem of Jesus praying to himself in the Garden of Gethsemane,how do christians solve this contradiction.God asking mercy from himself? paying to himself.

Yes they do.

No, they don't.

Dark energy wrote:

christianity is no different then hinduism when it comes to polytheism.
they have over glorified jesus to the status of GOD,thus they worship three beings Jeus,holy ghost and God.simple as that.

Only if one neither understands Christianity nor Hinduism, I suppose.

I also wonder what this has to do with the thread topic.
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#42171  Postby RealityRules » Feb 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:
    No, they don't.

Many have a bet both ways. It's part of the nebulous nature of the narratives.
RealityRules

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#42172  Postby Owdhat » Feb 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Surely, since Jesus wasn't Christian, its irrelevant what Christians think, but only what they wrote down in texts that 'might' in passing refer to the historical Jesus.
Owdhat

Name: jb

England (eng)
Print view this post

#42173  Postby dejuror » Feb 13, 2017 10:37 am

DavidMcC wrote:
dejuror wrote:
Dark energy wrote:

Of course it isn't the "word of god" (which is imposible, given that there is no such thing as "god"), but to claim that there is no "the Bible" is to rewrite history.

You stament is absurd--You claimed " the bible" has been altered by greedy clergymen.....". Which "the bible" are you refering to? Which "the bible" was altered?

The Bible of the Jews?

The Bible of the Roman Church?

The Bible of the Anglican Church?

The Bible of the Moravians?

The Bibles of the Protestants?

So-called Bibles of Christian Churches are typically compiled from sources of forgeries/false attribution, fiction and propaganda like Genesis, the Gospels, Acts, and the Epistles.

Examine the Alexandrinus, Vaticanus and Sinaiticus Codices---they are all compiled from sources of fiction.
dejuror

Print view this post

#42174  Postby dejuror » Feb 13, 2017 11:04 am

Tracer Tong wrote:

Christians don't say they are the same entity. But I don't know what this has to do with this thread's topic.

Christian writings do claim that Jesus and God are One entity.

John 10:30----I and my Father are one.

John 1:1---In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Augustine of Hippo --On the Trinity 1.4 --- they are not three Gods, but one God.

Augustine of Hippo---On the Trinity 1.8. Some persons, however, find a difficulty in this faith; when they hear that the Father is God, and the Son God, and the Holy Spirit God, and yet that this Trinity is not three Gods, but one God.
dejuror

Print view this post

#42175  Postby Tracer Tong » Feb 13, 2017 1:15 pm

dejuror wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:

Christians don't say they are the same entity. But I don't know what this has to do with this thread's topic.

John 10:30----I and my Father are one.

John 1:1---In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Augustine of Hippo --On the Trinity 1.4 --- they are not three Gods, but one God.

Augustine of Hippo---On the Trinity 1.8. Some persons, however, find a difficulty in this faith; when they hear that the Father is God, and the Son God, and the Holy Spirit God, and yet that this Trinity is not three Gods, but one God.

I'm sure some writings do, such as those of modalists. But you've not produced any there.
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#42176  Postby RealityRules » Feb 13, 2017 9:09 pm

dejuror wrote:

John 10:30----"I and my Father are one."

John 1:1---"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Augustine of Hippo---On the Trinity 1.8. "Some persons, however, find a difficulty in this faith; when they hear that the Father is God, and the Son God, and the Holy Spirit God, and yet that this Trinity is not three Gods, but one God."

Yep.
RealityRules

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#42177  Postby archibald » Feb 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Dark energy wrote:.....they worship three beings Jeus,holy ghost and God.simple as that.

If you only worship one being, the odds of it/him existing are reduced by a factor of three in comparison.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald

Male

Print view this post

#42178  Postby solazy » Feb 15, 2017 11:28 am

JC - was he the biggest terrorist of all?
If you don't believe in him you will have not one death, but two. Second even worse than the first.

Revelation 21:8 (NIV)
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death.”

Has to be true, or the Bible is false as it works off this very principle. If it is false then what would be the point of JC at all?
solazy

Name: Steve Wilkes

Print view this post

#42179  Postby Leucius Charinus » Feb 15, 2017 3:29 pm

solazy wrote:Has to be true, or the Bible is false as it works off this very principle. If it is false then what would be the point of JC at all?

Bilbo Baggins, Harry Potter and Pooh Bear attracted royalties for their creators.

Why can't JC do the same for the church ?
"It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that
the fabrication of the Christians is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. "

Emperor Julian (362 CE)
Leucius Charinus

Print view this post

#42180  Postby Alan B » Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah! And it's all tax-free!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Christianity