What Would Jesus Say?

...seeing all those crosses

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What Would Jesus Say?

#41  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 20, 2011 9:02 am

Paula wrote:Cos Jesus is meek and mild, d'uh. Now god, he's a different kettle of fishes and loaves, he baaad, smiting is his business :naughty:

You try telling that to the hawkers and traders and money lenders.! Jesus got a few kick ass moves up his frock!!
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#42  Postby Scarlett » Sep 20, 2011 9:05 am

monkeyboy wrote:
Paula wrote:Cos Jesus is meek and mild, d'uh. Now god, he's a different kettle of fishes and loaves, he baaad, smiting is his business :naughty:

You try telling that to the hawkers and traders and money lenders.! Jesus got a few kick ass moves up his frock!!

:lol: :lol:

Fair point.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby trubble76 » Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

jjm859 wrote:Jewelry or any other man-made object that depicts the image of God is a Sin. It's in the laws and clearly stated in the Bible. And apparently the majority can't read. There is also a huge misconception that Jesus died and gave us all a free tocket to Heaven. If you truly believe that, there is a good chance you will be in the oven someday. He stated that the old laws are to continue to be followed and he even added to them! The Old Testament laws were put in place for a purpose. Jesus never changed the nature of God's creation - Man. We are to still adhere to the old laws in order to reach a point spiritually that is acceptable to God. I see Christians everywhere indulging in holidays, paganism, birthdays, etc etc etc. They don't realize what they are doing. And I hope God will forgive them for it.

So asking the question about wearing jewelry is one thing. But its only one of many that should be asked. The first one should be "What have I sacrificed for God?" Jesus sacrificed his life, and he commanded us to follow him. He didn't commit suicide. He got persecuted for standing by God 100%. To follow him means we must sacrifice everything in life that doesn't fall within the basic necessities to live, and be fruitful in a way that serves God. This takes very little as far as "nice things". America is a Pagan culture and the churches are Pagan churches. The people in them are following pagan beliefs. December is around the corner, and all of them will be celebrating the birth if Jesus. They won't be celebrating his death, which was the whole significance here. They celebrate the birth of a baby that wasn't King until he died. Its an evil pagan trick to get people to fall into the act of birthdays, which are nothing more than a way of exalting ourselves.

So what would Jesus say?

You should ask yourself that right before you take a single step each day. Before you turn on the TV, ask yourself, would Jesus approve of the TV? He would have crushed such a tool of evil. The same goes for radio, video games, newspapers, and music (acting). The only acceptable form of music is singing without instruments. Its a direct form of worship because it comes from the God given instrument. To train your voice to be better than others is to convert a Godly instrument into a Pagan one.

I seriously hope this discussion will wake up at least one person to knowing AND following God as it is written in the KJV Bible.

Intersting position, would it be fair to say you are a Fundamentalist? Either way, it's interesting that you criticise modern christians for not fully obeying all the laws, both NT and OT. I wonder if you adhere that closely to it yourself, and I mean the original version, not the modern rewrites such as KJV. For example, do you wear mixed fibres? Do you eat shellfish such as shrimp? Have you given away all your possessions to the poor? Have you killed your children for being disobedient?

I suspect that you have a rather large beam in your eye.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Varangian » Sep 20, 2011 9:53 am

Sounds like poe-try...

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#45  Postby trubble76 » Sep 20, 2011 9:57 am

Varangian wrote:Sounds like poe-try...

Could be, but then that's very much the point of a Poe. Let's face it, we've had more outlandish things than this here before.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Dogmatic Pyrrhonist » Sep 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Paula wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
jjm859 wrote: The first one should be "What have I sacrificed for God?" Jesus sacrificed his life, and he commanded us to follow him. He didn't commit suicide. He got persecuted for standing by God 100%.

A little confused here. I thought Jesus was God/part of the trinity thing.

Cos Jesus is meek and mild, d'uh. Now god, he's a different kettle of fishes and loaves, he baaad, smiting is his business :naughty:

'Kay, so this Trinity YHWH thing is a sort of three way MPD afflicted god? Judging from some of the shit in the old book (f@ck spelling testament) he's definitely in need of some happy chill-out drugs and some anger management classes.
Jesus, what a wanker!
Dogmatic Pyrrhonist
AKA https://plus.google.com/u/0/105518842266362138077/about (google has decided my name isn't a 'real' name)

Dogmatic Pyrrhonist

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity