Evolution Vs. God Trailer

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Evolution Vs. God Trailer

#81  Postby RobM » Aug 20, 2013 10:18 am

Delvo wrote:I'd wonder which language Ray Comfort and his kind type of people think the Bible was written in, but I'm not sure they're even aware (or prepared to admit) that other languages exist.

The KJV in English obviously. If English was good enough for Jesus it should be good enough for us :evilgrin:
RobM

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#82  Postby lucek » Aug 20, 2013 4:56 pm

I wonder if he knows the full story of Jonah. You know past the part were he gets eaten by a whale.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#83  Postby willhud9 » Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

lucek wrote:I wonder if he knows the full story of Jonah. You know past the part were he gets eaten by a whale.

You'd be surprised how many Christians I have talked to believe Jonah was swallowed by the great fish and through the grace of God was saved. They have no idea that Jonah was a whiny ass prophet who did not want to go to Ninevah, so he decided to run away, in which God created the storm, which Jonah tossed himself overboard to save the crew, and God sent a great fish to swallow Jonah and Jonah went to Ninevah, all smelly of fish, and told the people what God wanted him to say, and the people repented and Jonah became pissed because he wanted to see the people destroyed by God's wrath. #1 role model for people.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#84  Postby lucek » Aug 20, 2013 6:56 pm

willhud9 wrote:
lucek wrote:I wonder if he knows the full story of Jonah. You know past the part were he gets eaten by a whale.

You'd be surprised how many Christians I have talked to believe Jonah was swallowed by the great fish and through the grace of God was saved. They have no idea that Jonah was a whiny ass prophet who did not want to go to Ninevah, so he decided to run away, in which God created the storm, which Jonah tossed himself overboard to save the crew, and God sent a great fish to swallow Jonah and Jonah went to Ninevah, all smelly of fish, and told the people what God wanted him to say, and the people repented and Jonah became pissed because he wanted to see the people destroyed by God's wrath. #1 role model for people.

I was more referring to the part where god told Jonah to cool his shit.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#85  Postby DoctorE » Aug 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Lame anti-evolution/atheist comic ...
http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/primates.php
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm

This one:
contradicts itself.

The others are nothing more than pathetically desperate straw-men.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#87  Postby ADParker » Aug 21, 2013 11:45 pm

DoctorE wrote:Lame anti-evolution/atheist comic ...
http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/primates.php

Pathetic. I mean really bad, even for creotard apologists. :roll:
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#88  Postby TMB » Oct 09, 2013 11:33 am

DoctorE wrote:

Great video, thanks for posting.
despite my view that humans are irrational and power driven, I am still suprised when I observe the behavior of people like Ray Comfort. To brazenly pose and propose this manipulative propaganda and use it to sway ignorant and gullible into following religion makes me suspect that he himself cannot be a stupid as he makes himself out to be. It must be possible that he is well aware of the irrational position he holds about both evolution and religion/God, and is simply an opportunist who can make some money. Sadly its also possible he does believe in ID, a creator, and can somehow rationalise all the religious claptrap he puts out because of this. Despite the irritation and frustration listening to Comforts video its an object lesson in the manipulative, power seeking nature of human beings, something we share with all living things, and something that is part of evolution by natural selection.
TMB

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism