How much fail can one fit in a six minute video?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

How much fail can one fit in a six minute video?

#1  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jul 03, 2010 3:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYmjLrzKNl8[/youtube]

So the Catholic Church and scientists are working together because they hate each other. Makes perfect sense.
ikster7579 wrote:Being rational is just an excuse for not wanting to have faith.
Blitzkrebs

Name: Roy
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: How much fail can one fit in a six minute video?

#2  Postby Ubjon » Jul 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Lies, ignorance, misrepresentation and a dumb audience.
Ubjon wrote:Your God is just a pair of lucky underpants.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post6 ... 3b#p675825
Ubjon

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby hackenslash » Jul 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I thought it would be 6 minutes of Kunt Hovind. That would constitute about the highest amount of fail possible.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan C » Jul 03, 2010 9:40 pm

So much fail we need a new measurement instrument to accurately gauge it.
:ask:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Isn't this joker the individual who gives several Muslim apologists wet dreams? Only the name smells suspiciously familiar ... I seem to recall that this particular liar for doctrine was connected with the palsied and droolingly encephalitic "scienceislam" website that one of the front page trolls over at RDF kept jerking off to. Those who remember Joe Morreale over there will know who I'm talking about in this regard ... this specimen received multiple carpet bombings and still posted his inane blind assertions as if nothing had happened, and also had a penchant for playground insults, not to mention attracting attention for gratuitous and creepy cyber-hitting on a female front page poster. Only I gather that this Maik character was one of the people whose arse cheeks Morreale thought we should all lick ... the only thing I'd want to bring in contact with his arse cheeks is a flame thrower ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sityl » Jul 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Isn't this joker the individual who gives several Muslim apologists wet dreams? Only the name smells suspiciously familiar ... I seem to recall that this particular liar for doctrine was connected with the palsied and droolingly encephalitic "scienceislam" website that one of the front page trolls over at RDF kept jerking off to. Those who remember Joe Morreale over there will know who I'm talking about in this regard ... this specimen received multiple carpet bombings and still posted his inane blind assertions as if nothing had happened, and also had a penchant for playground insults, not to mention attracting attention for gratuitous and creepy cyber-hitting on a female front page poster. Only I gather that this Maik character was one of the people whose arse cheeks Morreale thought we should all lick ... the only thing I'd want to bring in contact with his arse cheeks is a flame thrower ...

Stream of consciousness ftw. Now tell me about your mother.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 03, 2010 11:00 pm

You try posting something better when dosed up with Imodium and various other pharmaceuticals to deal with what appears to be a salmonella outbreak ... :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Paul Almond » Jul 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Try looking on the bright side: If that man ever tries to make a nuclear bomb, it won't work.
If I ever start making posts like "On the banning and partial banning of words!" then I view my life as less than worthless and I hope that my friends here would have a collection to pay for ninjas to be sent to my home to kill me*. (*=humanely)
Paul Almond

Name: Paul Almond
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Crocodile Gandhi » Jul 03, 2010 11:04 pm

I was asked to watch this clown by someone on facebook as "PROOF THAT YOUR LIFE IS A LIE AND THAT THERE IS ONE GOD AND THAT GOD IS NOT OF THE BIBLE AND IS THE ONE TRUE GOD NOW AND FOREVER". Needless to say, it didn't meet its stated aim.
If I believe in heaven I deny myself a death. Dying keeps me conscious of the way I waste my breath - Cosmo Jarvis
Crocodile Gandhi
RS Donator

Name: Dave
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Paul Almond wrote:Try looking on the bright side: If that man ever tries to make a nuclear bomb, it won't work.

You've just provided me with an amusing picture of him trying to make one using gourds and a food blender ... :mrgreen:
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Oeditor » Jul 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Isn't he the one who's recently been banned by Theresa May?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ng-UK.html
Seems he's bad as well as mad. Sadly, it also seems that hordes of the deluded listen to him.
Dr Naik has been named as the third most popular spiritual guru in India and was judged in 2009 to be 82nd in a list of India’s most powerful people.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Oh, didn't know about this. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby byofrcs » Jul 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Paul Almond wrote:Try looking on the bright side: If that man ever tries to make a nuclear bomb, it won't work.

*Obviously* because there are no books called the "Atomic Fact" now are there ? They are all called "Atomic THEORY". Which is a bit like The Theory of Evolution and it is all a conspiracy by Catholic Christian scientists. And Jews.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Animavore » Jul 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Hey are we going to use "imperial" or "imperial" measurements for FAIL?
And from FAIL to WIN, who would be at "0" (presuming the metric) and who would be at "100"?

EDIT: Of course I meant "metric" the second time :oops:
Last edited by Animavore on Jul 04, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Alan C » Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm

A doctor, is he high on his own supply?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#16  Postby chairman bill » Jul 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Calilasseia wrote:... salmonella outbreak ... :)

Those female fish are deadly
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby MrFungus420 » Jul 04, 2010 10:39 pm

byofrcs wrote:

*Obviously* because there are no books called the "Atomic Fact" now are there ? They are all called "Atomic THEORY". Which is a bit like The Theory of Evolution and it is all a conspiracy by Catholic Christian scientists. And Jews.

No, no, no. Don't you pay attention?

All science is in the Koran.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#18  Postby Blitzkrebs » Jul 05, 2010 3:08 am

Calilasseia wrote:Isn't this joker the individual who gives several Muslim apologists wet dreams? Only the name smells suspiciously familiar ... I seem to recall that this particular liar for doctrine was connected with the palsied and droolingly encephalitic "scienceislam" website that one of the front page trolls over at RDF kept jerking off to. Those who remember Joe Morreale over there will know who I'm talking about in this regard ... this specimen received multiple carpet bombings and still posted his inane blind assertions as if nothing had happened.

Indeed, I've seen this behavior lately as well, like when I pointed out to a couple of creationists that the conclusions some of the researchers reached back in the 1980's about the "scientific miracles" in the Qur'an were forced. I even contacted one of the scientists myself and posted his response, which made painfully clear he was manipulated and felt wronged enough by the organizers of the event to actually have the videos of him making those statements removed from YouTube. In short there was no respect for the rigour and honesty that real science demands, giving nobody with a functional brain cell reason to accept the statements made by apologists like Yusuf Estes and Naik.

Both of my opponents told me that those details were "irrelevent" and continued on like they did before, trying sell me the same "what are the chances Muhammad knew this?" kitsch.

:banghead:
ikster7579 wrote:Being rational is just an excuse for not wanting to have faith.
Blitzkrebs

Name: Roy
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby cherries » Jul 05, 2010 3:44 am

he is convincing enough for all these people who come to attend his lecture,if you've never heard about evolution etc before except maybe being referred to as a clever plot to undermine islam,naik,throwing around names of scientists and historical events etc with such ease and confidence is enough to make him very believable in the eyes of his audience.to top it all in the end he produced the quran to back him up :roll:
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#20  Postby pnerd » Jul 05, 2010 5:53 am

Zakir Naik seems to be the William Lane Craig (or should I say "Kent Hovind"?) of Islam.
pnerd

Male

Print view this post

Next

Return to Creationism