Is evolution just a hunch and a line of reasoning?

Logic applied

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Is evolution just a hunch and a line of reasoning?

#481  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
I have authored and submitted a paper on this very subject. It is currently under review. It should come out in the next few months - be patient.

What journal?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#482  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
Ahh, argument by strawman, your favorite apologetic trick. Pretend the opposition is making a specific claim(in this case, that "gene regulatory networks determine specific morphological structures"), then attack it, wait for someone to try and defend it and produce a silly little quotemine in support of your original claim.

Here's what you need to do:
Produce, by citation of peer reviewed literature, a consensus by scientists that developmental biology does not (and can not) explain morphology.

Here's what you can't do:
Exactly that.

As a corollary, here's what happened:
You lost.

I have authored and submitted a paper on this very subject. It is currently under review. It should come out in the next few months - be patient.

Yeah, let's wait and see what your paper actually says, and whether it passes review before we ejaculate on ourselves. You've been arguing before that evolution is false on the basis of your papers, which turn out to say something entirely different.

How many citations you up to now? 1 in all your papers? They all reference each other? :lol:

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Except that they constitute adaptations and thus the "degenerative" bullshit is simply a rethorical trick. The evolution of whale flippers was a degeneration of legs. Another useless strawman argument. :whistle:

No. The point is that many adaptations, such as the loss of the pelvic spines and armor on freshwater stickleback fish (which prevent them from being grabbed by dragonflies living at the bottom of lakes) are degenerative and thus show how selection promotes functional loss in many instances.

"Functional loss", is this the new buzzword for adaptation in creotard circles?

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rigorously define "biological information".

Testable prediction: You won't.

Sequence motifs (be they in coding or non-coding DNA).

Define "sequence motifs" and how it relates to information. Give an example of a "sequence motif" and quantify it's information content.

You have your next post in reponse to this one, or I will consider my prediction confirmed.

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:You're scared shitless and your almost pathological need to attack that very progress everywhere on the internet works as a perfect testament to this fact. Your >99 sockpuppets on the old RD.net forums still sit there as a monument to one guys paranoid delusion.

No. I did not set up 99 concurrent sockpuppets over on RD. I was repeatedly banned for allegedly "insulting" scientists according to moderators like Calilasseia who reveres them. I just kept setting up new usernames after each suspension. In the end, I resorted to proxy servers and IP hopping techniques to avoid being identified. I am satisfied that I played a part in the demise of the RD forum. One of the reasons Dawkins closed it down was the vile abuse directed against people like me.

The Dunning Kruger is strong in this one.

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Ahh yes, soon... soon it will happen. :lol:

The next 20 years will see the final nails in the coffin hammered in.

If you say so...

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Really? When did that happen? Why hasn't this been pronounced on TV?

It will - be patient.

Ok, I'll take your word for it... :roll:

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:The Blind Watchmaker dealt with this silly argument better than any book before it.

Funny. The BW actually made me more convinced of the argument for design when it described the sophisticated instrumentation present in bats and how the best engineers seek to replicate it in military technology.

Why am I not surprised you missed the main argument of the book?

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Prove it. How much money are evolutionary biologists making?

I know that a professor at a university can receive a grant of $500,000, of which he only need spend half on research and the rest ....well...

And this professor happens to be an evolutionary biologist, right? Of course, happens all the time. Bullshit.

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Then it's really weird you have to willfully misrepresent that physics in your catastrophically ignorant pronouncements on thermodynamics on Pandasthumb.org or outright deny the papers on Turing morphogenesis.

I have yet to see how Turing's models are in any way realistic and applicable to actual biological morphogenesis.

Maybe you should just read it? :lol:

This is a perfect example of your disgusting dishonesty. Upon the realization that we have what you are asking for, you are forced into denial.

Weak, weak and pathetic. :yuk:

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:For example, I predict that you will either ignore or outright misrepresent this paper:
http://www.mendeley.com/research/turings-next-steps-mechanochemical-basis-morphogenesis/#page-1

No, I cited it in my latest paper.

Yeah the one that's going to turn out saying something else than what you're advertising here, if previous trends are a little hint. Let's just wait and see what kind of inconsequential screed you've concocted this time.

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:You mean lots of space, sand, rocks, gas, dust and black holes?

No, the physical constants:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_constant

Yeah we know what they are. The issue is a sense of scale. It really isn't a very impressive "fine tuning" considering just how much not-alive crap is out there, which wouldn't exist without "fine tuned" laws either.

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Galdalf the white?

That's one way of interpreting, I guess.

I knew it wasn't that far off. :lol:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#483  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Also, having personally witnessed Atheistoclast's repeated obnoxious and vitriolic abuse of members on RDF, I will happily take him to task on these absurd attempts at rewriting history by reposting a thread listing said abuses... either that or he can stop lying through his teeth.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#484  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Rumraket wrote:
Yeah, let's wait and see what your paper actually says, and whether it passes review before we ejaculate on ourselves. You've been arguing before that evolution is false on the basis of your papers, which turn out to say something entirely different.

I can send you a private copy if you like. You know how to contact me. There is no excuse.

How many citations you up to now? 1 in all your papers? They all reference each other? :lol:

I don't check these things. I am not a narcissist and egomaniac. But you should wait 5 years normally as that is how journal ratings (based on article citation) are calculated. Let's see in 2015.
Nothing in biology makes sense when you include evolution.
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Name: Joe

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#485  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 3:24 pm

As for sequence motifs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequence_motif

The best example of one is the homeobox:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeobox
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#486  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Also, having personally witnessed Atheistoclast's repeated obnoxious and vitriolic abuse of members on RDF, I will happily take him to task on these absurd attempts at rewriting history by reposting a thread listing said abuses... either that or he can stop lying through his teeth.

You lot have only yourselves to blame. I complained to RD and within a matter of weeks he shut you down. The amusing thing is that Spearthrower was considering legal action against me before it happened. Yes, there is a God and he is just!
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#487  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Also, having personally witnessed Atheistoclast's repeated obnoxious and vitriolic abuse of members on RDF, I will happily take him to task on these absurd attempts at rewriting history by reposting a thread listing said abuses... either that or he can stop lying through his teeth.

You lot have only yourselves to blame. I complained to RD and within a matter of weeks he shut you down. The amusing thing is that Spearthrower was considering legal action against me before it happened. Yes, there is a God and he is just!

:lol:

Once again we see the same solipsism permeating every one of your claims.

Not only did Dawkins close down the site because you asked him, but it was also the intention of the almighty creator of everything. Talk about public masturbation fantasies.

Secondly, I was not considering legal action - how on earth would I be able to do that when I did not own the site? I did, however, say that it was clearly a possibility given that you were breaking the law. Something you will undoubtedly respin in a heroic motif.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#488  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:As for sequence motifs:

So tell me in what way it constitutes information and produce an example of the quantity.

Technically, my prediction has now been confirmed. :lol:
Rumraket

Print view this post

#489  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Atheistoclast wrote:

Not only did Dawkins close down the site because you asked him, but it was also the intention of the almighty creator of everything. Talk about public masturbation fantasies.

Secondly, I was not considering legal action - how on earth would I be able to do that when I did not own the site? I did, however, say that it was clearly a possibility given that you were breaking the law. Something you will undoubtedly respin in a heroic motif.

You wanted to prosecute me. But God had other plans, and intervened to close down the Sodom and Gomorrah of cyberspace. If you mess with Clastie, you mess with the higher power that protects him. You have been warned.
Last edited by Atheistoclast on Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#490  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

:rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#491  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Rumraket wrote:

So tell me in what way it constitutes information and produce an example of the quantity.

It is qualitative, not quantitative. Data is a quantity, information is a quality.

The homeobox motif is information because it confers functional specificity that allows proteins to perfectly bind to the major and minor grooves of the DNA molecules, as one would expect from an intelligently designed sequence.
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#492  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Atheistoclast wrote:

You wanted to prosecute me. But God have other plans, and intervened to close down the Sodom and Gomorrah of cyberspace. If you mess with Clastie, you mess with the higher power that protects him. You have been warned.

Oh how I hope you meant that as a joke..
Rumraket

Print view this post

#493  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

It is qualitative, not quantitative. Data is a quantity, information is a quality.

The homeobox motif is information because it confers functional specificity that allows proteins to perfectly bind to the major and minor grooves of the DNA molecules, as one would expect from an intelligently designed sequence.

A sequence of information is quantifiable. Data is information. In any case, I see you're desperate to avoid uttering anything of substance on this subject. Prediction: Confirmed.
Rumraket

Print view this post

#494  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Rumraket wrote:

No way. The Almighty chooses to intervene to smite the enemies of this servant. It was perfectly divine justice. I hope he will free me and all prisoners of conscience from the cyber-dungeon on the Pharyngula site:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/dungeon/

It would be wonderful if Paul Zachary Myers had a similar "Road to Damascus" moment as that of Paul of Tarsus.
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#495  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2011 7:14 pm

:rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#496  Postby chairman bill » Dec 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:... The Almighty chooses to intervene to smite the enemies of this servant. It was perfectly divine justice. I hope he will free me and all prisoners of conscience from the cyber-dungeon on the Pharyngula site:

It would be wonderful if Paul Zachary Myers had a similar "Road to Damascus" moment as that of Paul of Tarsus.

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#497  Postby Atheistoclast » Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Rumraket wrote:
A sequence of information is quantifiable. Data is information. In any case, I see you're desperate to avoid uttering anything of substance on this subject. Prediction: Confirmed.

Idiot . Data is not information. Understand the difference:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Data_vs_Information

http://www.differencebetween.net/langua ... formation/

You're not very smart, are you? Too much beer, butter and bacon in your diet, methinks.
Atheistoclast
Banned User

Iran (ir)
Print view this post

#498  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

No way. The Almighty chooses to intervene to smite the enemies of this servant. It was perfectly divine justice. I hope he will free me and all prisoners of conscience from the cyber-dungeon on the Pharyngula site:

I'm not sure I believe you.. it still seems too far out. Can a human being really be this deluded? There is this quaint, minuscule hint of humor in the sheer inanity of it. It's masterful trolling, possibly among the best I have ever seen. Truly if it is trolling, you have made an artform of it and you're a prodigy. The Da Vinci of internet trolling... :clap:
Rumraket

Print view this post

#499  Postby Regina » Dec 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

You're not very smart, are you? Too much beer, butter and bacon in your diet, methinks.

I guess you've just breached the FUA.

Apart from that, I'm reasonably sure that you are practising for a comedy act. :thumbup:
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#500  Postby Rumraket » Dec 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Atheistoclast wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

So it's not information you say? Then why is evolution required to produce it? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Self-refutation at it's best. Well fucking done Clastie. :rofl:

Another hilarious example of you just spinning whatever shit you need at immediate moment to push your propaganda.
Last edited by Rumraket on Dec 10, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumraket

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism