"New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

"Backwardly wired retina an optimal structure"

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#921  Postby Jie » Nov 06, 2014 6:34 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:
Jie wrote:

I happen to be an artist. What you're saying is basically that when I'm in my home, the house itself has the know-how to make a painting.

In my next sentence below, I said something different than what you claim I’m “basically saying”, when I named the artist as Gaia. But to follow your line of questioning as well as I can; we can see the house but we can’t see the artist. In a way that’s also true in your analogy. I’m not an artist, you are. But what can one physically point to that makes me not an artist and you one? I could even falsely claim to be an artist. But put us each in a room with some paint and after a while an observer will see art on the walls of your room and no art on my walls.

It looks like you were trying to make some point there, but try as I might, I cannot make sense of what it could be. Or maybe you were just trying to confuse me, in which case I congratulate you on your admirable success.

Jie wrote:

"Gaia" is a handle I could use for "who" is knowledgeable, also "God". Something bigger than us. But as soon as one does that, it draws the argument into bickering about the exact nature of what is bigger than us, or flat denial of the possibility. Basically as I see it, humans are observably made up of a hierarchy of organs and smaller bits, but we are also carried along in an unpredictable creative system, which can lead to the intuition that we aren't at the top of the natural hierarchy. Why should we be?

This assumes the existence of such a natural hierarchy. Can you give a demonstration of it?

The observable hierarchy runs from the lowest upwards, as atoms, molecules, body organs, the animal, community, nation, biome, biosphere.

Ah, I think I see now. When you say hierarchy, all you mean is that you're arranging things by their physical size. The greater its dimensions, the higher it is in the hierarchy. Got it. :thumbup:

Jie wrote: I have read the[Jayjay’s] claims. They seem to boil down to the silly idea that the fact that Australopithecus lacked large canines is sufficient evidence in and of itself to conclude that they used clubs and other weapons to crack the skulls of large felines, even if no such tools have been found where they lived. You've made the claim, but failed to support it.

Well teeth are pretty important, they are one of the prime sites where the body meets the world.
**snipped the rest of unnecessary post***

So that's still all you have? It's just not enough to support your claim. If you can show actual tools used by Australopithecus to bash the skulls of large predators, I'll start to pay attention. The size of their teeth by itself just won't cut it.

Jie wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote: My argument is that “progress” is a word used to describe the experience of being embedded in a creative system. Creative means, more out of less.

That's an incorrect definition of creative. Makes me wonder how you're defining progress.

You need to show where my understanding of creativity as more out of less is wrong. Maybe by offering what you regard as the correct definition. That way our discussion might progress.

Not really. All I need to do is note that "more out of less" is just too vague to mean anything.

Jie wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote: And I’m claiming that “progress” in particular has been banned from use in evolution for polemical reasons.

That's something else you need to back up.

Well as I’ve been discussing at length with Cali, the reason given for denying the use of the word “progress” is that there is no end state in evolution. I counter that by arguing that we apply the word progress to technological evolution although we also don’t know where it is headed.

Technological evolution has the goal of producing better products with more features and easier manufacture. In nature, environmental changes drive adaptation, but it doesn't make organisms better than their ancestors, just more adapted to the current situation, which can change.

Jayjay4547 wrote: I don’t know about large gene pools and biodiversity, maybe so. Strong creativity is called genius and I’m saying, that’s a property of biomes, some more than others.

Jie wrote: Indeed, so you're saying. But can you back it up with some evidence?

Jayjay4547 wrote: For example, the elephant’s trunk, the bat’s sonar, the human’s speech

Jie wrote: LOL

That expression is not a communication, it has no content, indeed it advertises non-communication of content. If you communicate some content I will try to respond.

I had assumed you were joking, and I actually found it funny, so I laughed. Now it appears you were being serious, which is a problem. You see, your response to my request for evidence is no better and no different than when I ask a theist for evidence for God and the theist replies "Look at the trees, the sky, the mountains. Isn't that evidence enough?"

Such a low level response only left two possibilities I could see. Either you were joking, or you're wasting my time. It seems I was too generous in assuming the former. :nono:

And with this, I must regretfully disengage. I'm finding it just too difficult to continue taking this discussion seriously. Feel free to respond, though. Perhaps you may even say something that might rekindle my interest. Until then, ciao!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called the present." -Master Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)
Jie

Name: Julio
Male

Puerto Rico (pr)
Print view this post

#922  Postby patient zero » Nov 06, 2014 11:33 pm

AjayHarris wrote:So, if I understand you correctly, JayJay, the reason that you believe in Christianity is because you think it makes you innately superior and special by doing so, and not because the belief is based on physical evidence? I would hope that you will have the good sense to learn some humility.

Creationists have confused their hubris for humility for as long as I can remember. It's fruitless trying to educate the most zealous ones the difference.
Calilasseia wrote:...WHY DO PROFESSIONAL PROPAGANDISTS FOR CREATIONISM HAVE TO LIE FOR THEIR DOCTRINE?
patient zero

Male

Print view this post

#923  Postby Jayjay4547 » Nov 07, 2014 6:26 am

Jie wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Jie wrote:

I happen to be an artist. What you're saying is basically that when I'm in my home, the house itself has the know-how to make a painting.

In my next sentence below, I said something different than what you claim I’m “basically saying”, when I named the artist as Gaia. But to follow your line of questioning as well as I can; we can see the house but we can’t see the artist. In a way that’s also true in your analogy. I’m not an artist, you are. But what can one physically point to that makes me not an artist and you one? I could even falsely claim to be an artist. But put us each in a room with some paint and after a while an observer will see art on the walls of your room and no art on my walls.

It looks like you were trying to make some point there, but try as I might, I cannot make sense of what it could be. Or maybe you were just trying to confuse me, in which case I congratulate you on your admirable success.

OK I’ll try again. The reason why I pointed to the place where natural creativity is seen, rather than to the creator responsible is because there is doubt or disagreement whether the agent of natural creativity exists. To explain that I tried to work within your analogy of you as an artist in your home. It’s not that good an anology but I did try. My “basic” point is that the creativity is observable; the issue whether that requires an agent and if so what and where the agent is, follows from what is observable. It’s Paley’s Watch on the Heath point popping up again, as seminal ideas will. Except that two hundred years later we can say something about the creative agent that wasn’t apparent in Paley’s day; that the creative agent on this planet may be vulnerable; it may be able to hurt us and we may be able to replace the creator with the devil.

Jayjay4547 wrote: "Gaia" is a handle I could use for "who" is knowledgeable, also "God". Something bigger than us. But as soon as one does that, it draws the argument into bickering about the exact nature of what is bigger than us, or flat denial of the possibility. Basically as I see it, humans are observably made up of a hierarchy of organs and smaller bits, but we are also carried along in an unpredictable creative system, which can lead to the intuition that we aren't at the top of the natural hierarchy. Why should we be?

Jie wrote: This assumes the existence of such a natural hierarchy. Can you give a demonstration of it?

Jayjay4547 wrote: The observable hierarchy runs from the lowest upwards, as atoms, molecules, body organs, the animal, community, nation, biome, biosphere.

Jie wrote: Ah, I think I see now. When you say hierarchy, all you mean is that you're arranging things by their physical size. The greater its dimensions, the higher it is in the hierarchy. Got it. :thumbup:

No you don’t get it. Groups of atoms make up molecules; groups of molecules make up an organ and so on. The increasing physical size up the hierarchy is just an uninformative consequence of that. One might argue that the part animal- community-nation doesn’t fit in well; in the case of humans -the only species with a “nation”, a new dimension of hierarchy emerges.

Jie wrote: I have read the[Jayjay’s] claims. They seem to boil down to the silly idea that the fact that Australopithecus lacked large canines is sufficient evidence in and of itself to conclude that they used clubs and other weapons to crack the skulls of large felines, even if no such tools have been found where they lived. You've made the claim, but failed to support it.

Jayjay4547 wrote: Well teeth are pretty important, they are one of the prime sites where the body meets the world.
**snipped the rest of unnecessary post***

Jie wrote: So that's still all you have? It's just not enough to support your claim. If you can show actual tools used by Australopithecus to bash the skulls of large predators, I'll start to pay attention. The size of their teeth by itself just won't cut it.

That’s what critics of Dart used to dismiss his notion of an osteodontokeratic culture. It’s a bit like saying, you won’t believe that T.Rex ate meat till you find a bone stuck in its teeth.

I notice you snipped my evidence as supposedly “unnecessary”.

Jayjay4547 wrote: My argument is that “progress” is a word used to describe the experience of being embedded in a creative system. Creative means, more out of less.

Jie wrote: All I need to do is note that "more out of less" is just too vague to mean anything.

It’s not vague if one can identify the "more" as I did. Three billion years ago there were only algae on this planet. Now there is still algae and in more species, along with mammals birds, bees, flowers, flowers –each of those made up of many species. I sketched that out earlier, there could be no doubt what I meant. Denial of that vast fact of creation is maybe the most gob-smacking influence of atheist ideology.

Jayjay4547 wrote: And I’m claiming that “progress” in particular has been banned from use in evolution for polemical reasons.

Jie wrote: That's something else you need to back up.

Jayjay4547 wrote: Well as I’ve been discussing at length with Cali, the reason given for denying the use of the word “progress” is that there is no end state in evolution. I counter that by arguing that we apply the word progress to technological evolution although we also don’t know where it is headed.

Jie wrote: Technological evolution has the goal of producing better products with more features and easier manufacture. In nature, environmental changes drive adaptation, but it doesn't make organisms better than their ancestors, just more adapted to the current situation, which can change.

You are mixing the levels at which you are discussing technology and nature. To bring technology down to the same low level you discuss nature, technology is about selling more of some product than the competition does. If you make a better mouse trap, men will beat a path to your door to buy your device.

Jayjay4547 wrote: I don’t know about large gene pools and biodiversity, maybe so. Strong creativity is called genius and I’m saying, that’s a property of biomes, some more than others.

Jie wrote: Indeed, so you're saying. But can you back it up with some evidence?

Jayjay4547 wrote: For example, the elephant’s trunk, the bat’s sonar, the human’s speech

Jie wrote: I had assumed you were joking, and I actually found it funny, so I laughed. Now it appears you were being serious, which is a problem. You see, your response to my request for evidence is no better and no different than when I ask a theist for evidence for God and the theist replies "Look at the trees, the sky, the mountains. Isn't that evidence enough?" ..Such a low level response only left two possibilities I could see. Either you were joking, or you're wasting my time. It seems I was too generous in assuming the former. :nono:

I suppose that theist was assuming you shared a human delight in the wonder of the creation. I was neither joking nor trying to waste your time, which would be an inefficient use of my own time. Rather I was assuming maybe wrongly that you would also see genius in for example, the elephant’s trunk. I’ll take the challenge to make that explicit by contrasting the elephant with the giraffe. It seemed so obvious to Darwin how the giraffe might have got to be so stretched out, that he used it to demonstrate how natural selection might work. If it’s adaptive to eat things that are further from the ground then it will be adaptive to put your mouth further from the ground. But the elephant has functionality that trumps that: use an appendage that will bring the food to your mouth from higher up- and lower down, and more to the side- all without the awkwardness of bringing your head to the food. Flowing from that genius solution we have the largest land mammal that ever lived, with the largest brain of any land animal and the only one larger than ours, and one of only two species credited with controlling its biome- in it’s case, beneficially to other species.

Jie wrote: And with this, I must regretfully disengage. I'm finding it just too difficult to continue taking this discussion seriously. Feel free to respond, though. Perhaps you may even say something that might rekindle my interest. Until then, ciao!

I’m not here to kindle your interest, but to investigate, and express ways that atheist ideology has affected the understanding and presentation of evolution. I have found, in discussion with you that I have had to reflect the historical thread of argument more than with some others.
Jayjay4547

Name: Jonathan
Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#924  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2014 7:02 am

I’m not here to kindle your interest, but to investigate, and express ways that atheist ideology has affected the understanding and presentation of evolution.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#925  Postby tolman » Nov 07, 2014 11:39 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:
Jie wrote: All I need to do is note that "more out of less" is just too vague to mean anything.

It’s not vague if one can identify the "more" as I did. Three billion years ago there were only algae on this planet. Now there is still algae and in more species, along with mammals birds, bees, flowers, flowers –each of those made up of many species. I sketched that out earlier, there could be no doubt what I meant. Denial of that vast fact of creation is maybe the most gob-smacking influence of atheist ideology.

No-one is denying what was and what is.

All some people are doing is saying that clearly loaded words are not the best ones to use in science without qualification, due to their potential for misleading the ignorant and misuse by the dishonest.

Some people evidently don't like that position, but it's laughable to say it's part of some conspiratorial ideology when it clearly doesn't prevent anyone choosing to look at the facts of nature in a religious light.

In reality, it's simply biologists failing to do the work of creationists for them, by leaving the misleading of the ignorant entirely up to them.

Jayjay4547 wrote:And I’m claiming that “progress” in particular has been banned from use in evolution for polemical reasons.

Banned by who?
Some people use the word.
Even the supposed 'high priest of atheist biologists' uses it, as a few seconds on the internet would show anyone who cared.
It's just that he makes a point of being pretty clear what he means when he does use it.
https://scepsis.net/eng/articles/id_3.php

Clearly, there was a reaction against a Victorian-style idea of progress with humanity at the peak, which some including Dawkins see as sometimes being an overreaction.

An overreaction they seem happy to talk about.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#926  Postby tolman » Nov 07, 2014 11:47 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:
Jie wrote:You see, your response to my request for evidence is no better and no different than when I ask a theist for evidence for God and the theist replies "Look at the trees, the sky, the mountains. Isn't that evidence enough?"

I suppose that theist was assuming you shared a human delight in the wonder of the creation. I was neither joking nor trying to waste your time, which would be an inefficient use of my own time. Rather I was assuming maybe wrongly that you would also see genius in for example, the elephant’s trunk.

Why should Jie project genius into an animal's appendage?
At what point in the incremental process of its evolution was the 'genius' expressed?

One can admire the beauty and functionality of nature without needing to believe in any kind of creator.

Indeed, that there isn't actually a creator in any meaningful sense of the word actually makes the whole thing more fascinating to many people.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#927  Postby fluttermoth » Nov 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Jayjay4547 wrote: I’ll take the challenge to make that explicit by contrasting the elephant with the giraffe. It seemed so obvious to Darwin how the giraffe might have got to be so stretched out, that he used it to demonstrate how natural selection might work. If it’s adaptive to eat things that are further from the ground then it will be adaptive to put your mouth further from the ground. But the elephant has functionality that trumps that: use an appendage that will bring the food to your mouth from higher up- and lower down, and more to the side- all without the awkwardness of bringing your head to the food. Flowing from that genius solution we have the largest land mammal that ever lived, with the largest brain of any land animal and the only one larger than ours, and one of only two species credited with controlling its biome- in it’s case, beneficially to other species.

(Sorry for butting in to the thread...)

So; if the elephant's trunk is the 'best' solution, why didn't this genius of the biome, or the creator, or whatever it is you're postulating, also give the giraffe a trunk? Why does the poor old giraffe have to make do with a long neck? It lives in the same biome, surely the same 'genius' should be available to giraffes as well as elephants?

In fact, if the elephant's trunk is so fantastic (which I think it is; it's a wonder of evolution), why don't we all have one?
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#928  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2014 3:34 pm

fluttermoth wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote: I’ll take the challenge to make that explicit by contrasting the elephant with the giraffe. It seemed so obvious to Darwin how the giraffe might have got to be so stretched out, that he used it to demonstrate how natural selection might work. If it’s adaptive to eat things that are further from the ground then it will be adaptive to put your mouth further from the ground. But the elephant has functionality that trumps that: use an appendage that will bring the food to your mouth from higher up- and lower down, and more to the side- all without the awkwardness of bringing your head to the food. Flowing from that genius solution we have the largest land mammal that ever lived, with the largest brain of any land animal and the only one larger than ours, and one of only two species credited with controlling its biome- in it’s case, beneficially to other species.

(Sorry for butting in to the thread...)

So; if the elephant's trunk is the 'best' solution, why didn't this genius of the biome, or the creator, or whatever it is you're postulating, also give the giraffe a trunk? Why does the poor old giraffe have to make do with a long neck? It lives in the same biome, surely the same 'genius' should be available to giraffes as well as elephants?

In fact, if the elephant's trunk is so fantastic (which I think it is; it's a wonder of evolution), why don't we all have one?

Pangloss wrote:It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end. Observe, for instance, the nose is formed for spectacles, therefore we wear spectacles. The legs are visibly designed for stockings, accordingly we wear stockings. Stones were made to be hewn and to construct castles, therefore My Lord has a magnificent castle; for the greatest baron in the province ought to be the best lodged. Swine were intended to be eaten, therefore we eat pork all the year round: and they, who assert that everything is right, do not express themselves correctly; they should say that everything is best.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#929  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
I’m not here to kindle your interest, but to investigate, and express ways that atheist ideology has affected the understanding and presentation of evolution.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

I see he's still peddling the "atheist ideology" fantasy ... yawn.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#930  Postby Oldskeptic » Nov 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Jie wrote:

So that's still all you have? It's just not enough to support your claim. If you can show actual tools used by Australopithecus to bash the skulls of large predators, I'll start to pay attention. The size of their teeth by itself just won't cut it.

JayJay wrote:

That’s what critics of Dart used to dismiss his notion of an osteodontokeratic culture. It’s a bit like saying, you won’t believe that T.Rex ate meat till you find a bone stuck in its teeth.

The most effective of Dart's critics used a hell of a lot more than just dismissing an argument about teeth. His evidence for the hunting, weapon using Australopiths was systematically evaluated and found not only lacking but pointing in the opposite direction.

Darts "notion" rested on accumulations of certain fossil bones in caves. Bones that he said were there because Australopiths were using them as weapons. Brain showed that accumulations of more modern bones by predators and scavengers show the same pattern of larger bones remaining after decay and weathering had eliminated many of the smaller more fragile bones. And he showed that the damage to bones that Dart said could be only from Australopiths was in fact congruent to that caused by large predators and scavengers.

As for your stupid analogy using T-Rex, it's getting old and doesn't apply. Fossils of plant eating large dinosaurs have been found with healed bite marks that could only been from T-Rex. Fossil bones of other large plant eating dinosaurs have been found with marks consistent with chewing by T-Rex. Showing that not only did T-Rex eat meat but hunted for meat. Pretty good evidence. Evidence that you do not have the like of for Australopiths 3mya hunting large animals with weapons.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#931  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 08, 2014 12:15 am

With the much justified conclusion that you can tell when JJ is lying because he's typed in words, I hadn't bothered reading his posts.

Is he back on anthropology again? It's like a ritualistic self-flagellation.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#932  Postby Oldskeptic » Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am

Spearthrower wrote:With the much justified conclusion that you can tell when JJ is lying because he's typed in words, I hadn't bothered reading his posts.

Is he back on anthropology again? It's like a ritualistic self-flagellation.

Well, Jie kind of prodded him with pointy stick, so JJ fell back on one of his stupid analogies, then I jumped in to beat him over the head with it. Proving once again that all it takes to be human is no sharp teeth, sticks, and heavy blunt objects.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#933  Postby Jayjay4547 » Nov 10, 2014 6:34 am

Oldskeptic wrote:
Jie wrote:

JayJay wrote:

As for your stupid analogy using T-Rex, it's getting old and doesn't apply. Fossils of plant eating large dinosaurs have been found with healed bite marks that could only been from T-Rex. Fossil bones of other large plant eating dinosaurs have been found with marks consistent with chewing by T-Rex. Showing that not only did T-Rex eat meat but hunted for meat. Pretty good evidence.

I’m sorry you find my analogy using T-Rex old and stupid. I’ll try to brighten it up by putting the same point in different words:
It’s a bit like saying you won’t believe that Parasaurolophus ate plants till you find a plant stem stuck in its teeth.

I’m hoping that now you will see that the point is about what do the teeth on their own tell you. Not that it’s just the hominin canines that suggest their use of hand-weapons in place of defensive biting.

Oldskeptic wrote: The most effective of Dart's critics used a hell of a lot more than just dismissing an argument about teeth. His evidence for the hunting, weapon using Australopiths was systematically evaluated and found not only lacking but pointing in the opposite direction.

…Evidence that you do not have the like of for Australopiths 3mya hunting large animals with weapons.

But But I’m not punting an image of australopiths hunting large animals with weapons. Like I said, the amazing thing about Dart and his followers, was that they interpreted the weapon-using inference of the australopiths into a “predatory transition from ape to man”. It was as if they saw the African savannah as simply a stage with food walking around on it, waiting to be bludgeoned. And on the other side “man the hunted” is just a fraidy cat:

What is missing in both these images can be expressed in several ways: disrespect for the excellence of the peer species both alternative prey and predators, disregard for the intimacy and importance of interspecies communications and disregard for the purely physical problems of effective defense using a weapon at the end of one’s arm, in place of defensive biting so well developed by other primates. The unifying trope behind these biases is that of self-creation; that the hominins invented themselves, and “themselves” being basically an intellect. When a better picture would have the highly distinctive hominins squeezed like toothpaste by the African biomes –by a distinctive creative logic of their context.
Jayjay4547

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#934  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 10, 2014 6:46 am

I’m hoping that now you will see that the point is about what do the teeth on their own tell you. Not that it’s just the hominin canines that suggest their use of hand-weapons in place of defensive biting.

Gods - I find it astounding how someone can embarrass themselves so resoundingly, then simply continue restating the same stupid contention over and over.

Our ancestor's canines were already useless for any form of self defense long before their descendants were to use tools defensively.

JJ has been shown this umpteen times. Of course, because it forms some type of argument in support of his quackery, he's not interested in evidence which contradicts this absurdity.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#935  Postby Jayjay4547 » Nov 11, 2014 5:56 am

Our vision of human origins may have been infested by atheist ideology that dismisses the mechanics of inter-species relations in favor of "intra-species" self-creation. But our bodies haven't been so infested. You can demonstrate this difference between what the intellect thinks and what the body knows in this thought experiment.

Imagine getting two forked sticks the length of your forearm and stick them in the ground about four foot apart. Light a brisk little fire between them. Now get a pointy stick at bit longer than that, of green wood so it won't smoulder too easily. You will use that to skewer the vervet monkey you just caught in a snare. It's sitting there watching you make up the fire. Now all you have to do is grab the little monkey, wring its neck and skewer it. It's bright blue balls tells you this is a male and it has long sharp canines but no matter, you are so much bigger than it is. And those canines are just for dominating other vervet males anyway. Go on, grab and wring, grab and wring! What are you waiting for? Your body is telling you what? No? Who is boss here?
Jayjay4547

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#936  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 11, 2014 6:34 am

Our vision of human origins may have been infested by atheist ideology that dismisses the mechanics of inter-species relations in favor of "intra-species" self-creation.

Nope; they haven't. Your delusional assertions born out of ignorance notwithstanding.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#937  Postby Oldskeptic » Nov 11, 2014 7:21 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:Our vision of human origins may have been infested by atheist ideology that dismisses the mechanics of inter-species relations in favor of "intra-species" self-creation. But our bodies haven't been so infested. You can demonstrate this difference between what the intellect thinks and what the body knows in this thought experiment.

Imagine getting two forked sticks the length of your forearm and stick them in the ground about four foot apart. Light a brisk little fire between them. Now get a pointy stick at bit longer than that, of green wood so it won't smoulder too easily. You will use that to skewer the vervet monkey you just caught in a snare. It's sitting there watching you make up the fire. Now all you have to do is grab the little monkey, wring its neck and skewer it. It's bright blue balls tells you this is a male and it has long sharp canines but no matter, you are so much bigger than it is. And those canines are just for dominating other vervet males anyway. Go on, grab and wring, grab and wring! What are you waiting for? Your body is telling you what? No? Who is boss here?

What stupid fucking post!

Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

"New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#938  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 11, 2014 8:15 am

Whats the point of it? Is empathy supposed to be divinely ordained or some bullshit?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re:

#939  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 11, 2014 8:24 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Whats the point of it? Is empathy supposed to be divinely ordained or some bullshit?

Russian dolls.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#940  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 11, 2014 8:28 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:Our vision of human origins may have been infested by atheist ideology

When are you going to stop peddling thie manifest bare faced lie?

One, the ONLY source of influence on the scientific view of human origins has been the REAL WORLD DATA. Assertions otherwise are lies, plain and simple.

Two, there is no such thing as "athesist ideology". You've been schooled on this repeatedly. NOT treating unsupported assertions as fact isn't an "ideology". fucking learn this once and for all, will you?

Jayjay4547 wrote:that dismisses the mechanics of inter-species relations in favor of "intra-species" self-creation.

Another bare faced lie. Oh wait, what is ecology, but the scientific study of those inter-species relations you assert above is purportedly "denied"?

Jayjay4547 wrote:But our bodies haven't been so infested.

Oh wait, haven't you heard of genetics? You know, that discipline responsible for placing on a rigorous footing, how we inherit characteristics from ancestors belonging to our own species?

Jayjay4547 wrote:You can demonstrate this difference between what the intellect thinks and what the body knows in this thought experiment.

Poppycock. Your assertions are fantasies and lies.

Jayjay4547 wrote:Imagine getting two forked sticks the length of your forearm and stick them in the ground about four foot apart. Light a brisk little fire between them. Now get a pointy stick at bit longer than that, of green wood so it won't smoulder too easily. You will use that to skewer the vervet monkey you just caught in a snare. It's sitting there watching you make up the fire. Now all you have to do is grab the little monkey, wring its neck and skewer it. It's bright blue balls tells you this is a male and it has long sharp canines but no matter, you are so much bigger than it is. And those canines are just for dominating other vervet males anyway. Go on, grab and wring, grab and wring! What are you waiting for? Your body is telling you what? No? Who is boss here?

Oh wait, this is something that bushmeat eaters do all the time. Some of them even take on much bigger prey. Bushmeat eaters have been known to kill and eat gorillas. Looks like once again, the real world evidence exposes the fantasies and lies littering your posts.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism