Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#5001  Postby scott1328 » Mar 31, 2014 7:42 pm

NamelessFaceless wrote:I knew it had to be too good to be true. Sanctuary for all? Really?

What do you think happened to Beth? I don't think she just ran away leaving Darryl behind like that. I think she must have been kidnapped.

I think it might be possible that Tyreese and Carol will find her either as a walker or still alive (perhaps having been kidnapped or worse by the Claimers). Perhaps the man that Rick's group left to mobbed by the walkers, was with Beth?

I think it would be a great plot point, if Beth were already at Terminus (having arrived in the car she escaped in) and accepted into their community because she is young and pliable. Rescuing her and then reintegrating her into Rick's group even though she had likely dined on other sanctuary seekers, may lead to some interesting events: did she know she was eating people? does she want to say with the Termites?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5002  Postby NamelessFaceless » Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Yes, I bet she's been there making friendship bracelets or something, completely oblivious to the fact that the nightly BBQ was provided courtesy of other not-quite-survivors like herself. Probably Garrett thought she was cute and decided to keep her.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5003  Postby Mike_L » Apr 01, 2014 11:55 am

scott1328 wrote:the Terminites are cannibals!!1!
I guess Rick is one now too... :think:

I dunno about that... he didn't swallow. :grin:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#5004  Postby MattHunX » Apr 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Just watching episode 4 of COSMOS.

Nearly 10 minutes in, and he mentioned the ridiculousness of the notion, and the error of those who believe, that the Earth is no more than 6000-7000 years old.

Ooh, snap! If the creatards hated the show before, they'll do so with a passion, now! :lol:

Love it!

The people who are dissatisfied with the show, those who are pro-science or the sort, say these sort of overtly anti-religious bits are unnecessary. Oh, contraire. :twisted: 8-)
MattHunX

Print view this post

#5005  Postby Nostalgia » Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

scott1328 wrote:
NamelessFaceless wrote:I knew it had to be too good to be true. Sanctuary for all? Really?

What do you think happened to Beth? I don't think she just ran away leaving Darryl behind like that. I think she must have been kidnapped.

I think it might be possible that Tyreese and Carol will find her either as a walker or still alive (perhaps having been kidnapped or worse by the Claimers). Perhaps the man that Rick's group left to mobbed by the walkers, was with Beth?

I think it would be a great plot point, if Beth were already at Terminus (having arrived in the car she escaped in) and accepted into their community because she is young and pliable. Rescuing her and then reintegrating her into Rick's group even though she had likely dined on other sanctuary seekers, may lead to some interesting events: did she know she was eating people? does she want to say with the Termites?

I don't know. I can't see that crazy guy with the fetish for preserving bodies (who I presume has Beth) getting along with a bunch of cannibals.

Whatever happened to her, I hope she's okay. She was just coming out of her shell.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5006  Postby ED209 » Apr 02, 2014 12:27 pm

hackenslash wrote:Just enjoying Justified. Based on a few Elmore Leonard short stories. Caught the first few episodes of this when it aired on TV, and then lost touch with it. Not the sort of thing I'd usually go for, but thought I'd give it a go because Timothy Olyphant is generally excellent. Piling through 4 seasons of it on Netflix.

Yeah, Justified is really pretty good.

In a different genre: Phone Shop. BOOM! say so' in'. Wot?
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#5007  Postby NamelessFaceless » Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm

MacIver wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

I don't know. I can't see that crazy guy with the fetish for preserving bodies (who I presume has Beth) getting along with a bunch of cannibals.

Whatever happened to her, I hope she's okay. She was just coming out of her shell.

I know. I hope she's ok too. I didn't think about all the weird clues in that funeral home, like the orderliness and the preserved bodies. But I was pretty sure someone had set them up by putting that dog out there.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5008  Postby DougC » Apr 03, 2014 10:35 pm

This will be good,

B.B.C. - Big Bang Theory shoots Star Wars episode with Luscasfilm
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5009  Postby Mazille » Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

MattHunX wrote:Just watching episode 4 of COSMOS.

Nearly 10 minutes in, and he mentioned the ridiculousness of the notion, and the error of those who believe, that the Earth is no more than 6000-7000 years old.

Ooh, snap! If the creatards hated the show before, they'll do so with a passion, now! :lol:

Love it!

The people who are dissatisfied with the show, those who are pro-science or the sort, say these sort of overtly anti-religious bits are unnecessary. Oh, contraire. :twisted: 8-)

Got around to watching the first three of those. Nice enough and I do have a bit of a man-crush on Tyson. Still, it's no Sagan. I don't feel that childish, so immensely lovable sense of awe before the sheer scale of... well... everything. It's a nice time waster, more or less. I've learned nothing new so far, but hey. You gotta support the effort.

What's with the Giordano Bruno hagiography though? That was fucking cheesy and not even all that correct.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#5010  Postby Thorham » Apr 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Fringe, True Detective and Miami Vice.
Thorham

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#5011  Postby Nostalgia » Apr 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Mazille wrote:I've learned nothing new so far, but hey. You gotta support the effort.

That's the downside of learning more than the lay-man about science... science shows are old news. :waah:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5012  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

Great episode of Vikings this week!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5013  Postby Agrippina » Apr 04, 2014 10:29 am

I'm not enjoying Vikings as much as I thought I would. It's a little slow.

I'm loving Cosmos. I can't compare it to the original because I haven't seen that. And I'm learning, which is fantastic.

I'm reading the book John Adams by David McCullough, and at the same time watching the miniseries again. It's much better having read what I'm watching, because the TV show is condensed so a lot of the detail is missing. Loving the book though.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5014  Postby The_Piper » Apr 04, 2014 10:57 am

I hate to sound like an old fogey, but I think the original Cosmos was much better. It'll be interesting to see what your take is watching them in the reverse order. :)
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5015  Postby willhud9 » Apr 04, 2014 11:32 am

The problem with Cosmos for me was it was never appealing science. I never spent my childhood looking up at the stars and wondering how they got there. I spent my childhood in the dirt digging for bugs and observing them with a magnifying glass. When I got my first real microscope, I remember taking a sewing needle, dipping it in rubbing alcohol, and pricking my finger just to observe my blood cells.

So I say to you silly stargazers: life, literally, is far more interesting right in front of you than it is out there in the great beyond. My entire backyard is my science playground and I don't have to constantly squint through a telescope or look at pictures. I can directly touch and experience my science. :whistle:

:hide:
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5016  Postby The_Piper » Apr 04, 2014 11:53 am

Microscope, telescope, same thing.
Nature is fascinating, and virtually every aspect of the cosmos is of interest. I'm lucky. :mrgreen:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5017  Postby Agrippina » Apr 04, 2014 12:18 pm

For me science came late in life, so now that I have the time, and don't have to write exams about it, I can learn whatever takes my interest. The cosmos fascinates me, how it all came about and how I came to be here to learn about it, fills me with awe. I feel the same about looking at pictures of drops of blood, and about how dinosaurs became birds, and that my grandchildren are here because I was here. It's just all too thrilling for me. I really wish I'd spent some time in my youth reading serious books rather than listening to people telling me I was "too pretty" to bother my head with "learning."
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5018  Postby MattHunX » Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Fuck me!

Just checked Josh Holloway on IMDb, been watching Intelligence . And seeing him with long hair clicked something, and it was confirmed when I went through his list of roles, he's the same guy who played Ajay in Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars. :lol: 8-)

MattHunX

Print view this post

#5019  Postby Animavore » Apr 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Did you see last night's episode of The Big bang Theory? Sheldon has to choose between Xbox One or PS4.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5020  Postby Animavore » Apr 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Awww! Yer one who play's Penny now has a double-barrell name :sigh:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler