Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#8961  Postby Macdoc » May 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Yes ...very good ..my kind of show. The Bridge, Broadchurch, Wallander, The Fall, Dicte, Lava Field, Occupied...all good. Jack Taylor too. Even Shetland surprised me.

Don't know Hinterland or Witnesses or Bordertown or The Code. SOuthcliffe looks interesting.. Bloodline was very gripping if no conclusion. Keeper of Lost Causes looks okay.
Hmmm what the hell is Spotless... she looks familiar.

Decided on the Killing Season 4 but have to pick up on it. That's the one with the multiple missing kids?

Lillyhammer keeps coming up ....any thoughts on it?
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8962  Postby Animavore » May 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Pulsar wrote:Have you seen Forbrydelsen (aka The Killing)? Don't know if it's on Netflix.

It is.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8963  Postby Macdoc » May 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Yeah ...damn is it dark .....matches the weather.
Wish more than one season was on - it's only Season 4. How did a Nordic crime drama get made in Seattle?? :scratch:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8964  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 06, 2017 6:00 pm

So I'm starting up on Daredevil again, and enjoying it but is it just me or is the writing really bad? I know we're talking about superheroes here, but I never found that the writing in any of the Marvel movies was so bad that I noticed how stupid the dialogue is, or constantly found myself pointing out how dumb the character's decisions were. I like the over the top lighting and I love the fight scenes, but I've never seen anyone say a bad thing about this show and it seems strange to me. I'll still be watching the whole thing because this is the best telling of the character I've seen, and I've always wanted to like Daredevil.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8965  Postby Animavore » May 06, 2017 6:46 pm

No. It's bad. Really corny. I didn't like DD for its amazing script. It just kicked ass.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8966  Postby Mazille » May 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Sense8's second season came out and I gotta say, I might like it even more than the first one so far. The series just really resonates with me. It's very affirming of love and life and I like that. We don't get that often enough. It's also rather smart, well edited and shot. Exciting and funny too, at times.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8967  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 07, 2017 1:02 am

Animavore wrote:No. It's bad. Really corny. I didn't like DD for its amazing script. It just kicked ass.

Ok good, was wondering if I was just going crazy there. Really loving Fisk and his weird girlfriend.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8968  Postby Pulsar » May 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Mazille wrote:Sense8's second season came out and I gotta say, I might like it even more than the first one so far. The series just really resonates with me. It's very affirming of love and life and I like that. We don't get that often enough. It's also rather smart, well edited and shot. Exciting and funny too, at times.

I agree. There's something special about this show, I just love these characters. I've watched the first episode of season 2 (or the second, depending on how you count), and I'll binge the rest in the next few days.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8969  Postby Macdoc » May 08, 2017 12:38 am

Kinda fun ....my first Russian series

Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8970  Postby aban57 » May 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Mazille wrote:Sense8's second season came out and I gotta say, I might like it even more than the first one so far. The series just really resonates with me. It's very affirming of love and life and I like that. We don't get that often enough. It's also rather smart, well edited and shot. Exciting and funny too, at times.

I'm discovering it (6 episodes in) thanks to a few commentgs I saw here. And I have to agree with everything you said here.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8971  Postby Macdoc » May 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Sniffer is rather fun...decent production value but Russian feel all the same.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8972  Postby Mazille » May 08, 2017 11:18 pm

aban57 wrote:

I'm discovering it (6 episodes in) thanks to a few commentgs I saw here. And I have to agree with everything you said here.

Right? It's so good.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8973  Postby aban57 » May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Why isn't Joe Pantoliano in the credits ?
His name doesn't show in the episodes, and even IMDB says he's uncredited.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8974  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Mazille wrote:
aban57 wrote:

Right? It's so good.

:nod:

Still a bit disappointed they changed Van Damme's actor, though. Not sold on the new guy.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8975  Postby Mazille » May 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Yeah, I liked the old one better. He had that positive energy his character is supposed to have. Still, the new one isn't bad.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8976  Postby Pulsar » May 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Still a bit disappointed they changed Van Damme's actor, though. Not sold on the new guy.

He left after a serious conflict with Lana Wachowski, after they had already shot two episodes.
The new actor is growing on me though (I'm 4 episodes in).
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8977  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Watching episode 5 right now. Going to bed soon however, given the local time.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8978  Postby Mazille » May 09, 2017 9:44 pm

A-yup. I have to get up at 6. It's almost twelve now. I still have half an hour to go on this episode.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8979  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Finishing 6 and then I'm off.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8980  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 09, 2017 10:08 pm

An actual bi/pansexual character in Sense8. :yay:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV