Who was already judged in a court ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Who was already judged in a court ?

#1  Postby viocjit » Mar 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello ! I'm a Frenchman living in France (I did never lived elsewhere) who was never put in a court and I'd like to know which members of this forum was already judged in a court.
I think it can be fun to share ours stories with the judicial system.

If you was already judged in a court I'd like to know the next infos.

1.What was the charge(s) against you ?
2.In which country did it happened and if in USA or another federal country with its own judicial system which state / province ?
3.Was you convicted , discharged or charges were dismissed ?
4.Can you tell us your arrest , the judgement and indictment if there was one ?
5.What was the maximum penalty you were facing and what was your penalty ?
viocjit

Male

France (fr)
Print view this post

Re: Who was already judged in a court ?

#2  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

viocjit wrote:I'd like to know the next infos.

In a PM, send me your bank account details including your date of birth and other registration details, and a facsimile of your signature, and I will give you a full account of a certain variety of white-collar crime. You can always give false information, if you are nervous about internet scams.

[No, seriously: I'd be just tickled pink to tell you all about my brush with the law, but I might be lying about some facts and embellishing details in other parts of the story.]
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#3  Postby felltoearth » Mar 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Yeah! Conviction! Judgement! Courts! :happydance: :banana: :party: :yay:

27D4F175-2D4A-4EB2-AEDF-5AC3F67E4E81.gif
27D4F175-2D4A-4EB2-AEDF-5AC3F67E4E81.gif (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1342 times
Last edited by felltoearth on Mar 12, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Hermit » Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Family lore has it that a great-great-uncle of mine was caught in the attempt to commit suicide. He was hauled in front of the beak, found guilty, and the maximum sentence was handed down: death by hanging.

Personally, I don't believe it. I come from a family of inveterate cowards. He was probably caught running away from enemy fire during the battle of Sedan in 1870 and almost summarily executed. Having a family member in our midst who was hanged for trying to commit suicide is just much less embarrassing than having a deserter, during a battle, moreover, that was so convincingly won by us Prussians.

He was a descendant of the Baron von Münchhausen, by the way, which enabled him to escape death by jumping onto an errant cannon ball and flying to Moscow.

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby zulumoose » Mar 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Closest I have ever been to court was a housing tribunal hearing over a deposit I withheld from tenants.
Basically they won on a technicality, though they were 100% morally wrong.
They gave me 3 days notice before vacating, leaving me unable to find tenants for the next month.
The sick thing is they did this deliberately, because they spotted a bad clause in the contract that gave them an excuse.
They waited until they had confirmation that they could move into the property they were buying at the end of the month, in case it didn't come through, before telling me about it. This left their options open and shut down mine.

The thing to learn from this is that the wording of what is on paper overrules everything else, even when it is blatantly clear it is the wrong thing to apply, if it can be applied to forward someone's case it will be.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Hermit » Mar 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh dear. I must apologise for misreading the opening post. Or rather missing an important point. The one that asks for members' own convictions. To make amends, here is mine: It is my conviction - one that will probably cast a shadow on the rest of my life - that too many people have a kangaroo loose in the top paddock.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Well :immensely deep breath: .....na.
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#8  Postby aban57 » Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Well :immensely deep breath: .....na.

:lol: :lol:
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9  Postby TopCat » Mar 12, 2019 3:19 pm

My conviction is that there aren't going to be too many serious posts on this thread.

ETA: Apols to Hermit for copying his gag.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Well :immensely deep breath: .....na.

Yeah, it might be a cop fishing for confessions :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 12, 2019 3:26 pm

I done told the trufe, tha hole trufe and nowt but the trufe already. KIR innit!
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#12  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm

I will say this much - Crown Court judges are very striking in apparel and mannerisms - pretty well exuding eccentricity from every pore. Who can blame them given their unique and bizarre position of power? Not I.
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#13  Postby tuco » Mar 12, 2019 3:37 pm

What I like about courts most is the discipline. I am like .. cmon chill. But no.
tuco

Print view this post

#14  Postby Fallible » Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm

FIrst thing I thought when reading the OP was 'bloody cheek'. So I'll eschew the invitation to reveal criminal convictions to strangers, and just mention my ancestor who was transported from Ireland to Australia for petty larceny. Ahh, such laughs...
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Reminds me of Pappilon - oh how we laughed, falling off our chairs at one point....oh no just thinking about it I'm...I'm...:rofl:
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#16  Postby Macdoc » Mar 12, 2019 4:12 pm

I beat a speeding ticket by making the cop come to court. He lied, I told the truth ...the judge believed me over the strenuous objection of the prosecutor....she was still arguing with the judge when I left.

Bloody traffic prosecutors just want to cut a deal and take your money ....but you are still left with a conviction to the pleasure of the insurance companies who raise premiums.

Best to fight it ...sometimes the cop doesn't show. There are lots of step by step advisories and forums on how to beat a traffic ticket.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Pathetic.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#18  Postby surreptitious57 » Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm

I havent been arrested for least I2 years. I havent had a drink for least 3 years and I slowly started to reduce my alcohol consumption after 2000. I have never been arrested sober just drunk so not drinking is a no brainer. But even if I were to start drinking again it would not be as regular as it was before 2000. I have been arrested at least I4 times but have zero intention of ever getting arrested again. I was young. I did stupid things. I blame no one but myself. I am older and wiser
now and a different person to the one back then. I have no desire ever to see the inside of a police cell again. For that is
a young mans game but I am old now and have to put all that shit behind me and do something more positive with my life
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#19  Postby laklak » Mar 13, 2019 3:19 pm

I've never been convicted of anything. But if they dig up that basement floor I'm done for.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#20  Postby MarkS » Mar 13, 2019 6:46 pm

I once got arrested for walking out of a shop with a chocolate bar by mistake. They brought me back in and put me in a room to wait for the police, and while I was there, I ate it. The perfect crime!!!
“Commander Vimes didn't like the phrase 'The innocent have nothing to fear', believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like 'The innocent have nothing to fear'.”
MarkS

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Discussion