Is "Science" an indoctrination?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Is "Science" an indoctrination?

#101  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 10, 2014 11:34 pm

consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:
consistency wrote:Doctors don't cure anything.

You're spouting ignorant and idiotic nonsense once again. Here are a few examples:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/disease ... entury.htm

You're ignorant on how the immune system works. Vaccine contains dead viruses so the immune system can gain immunity..
the same immune system that couldn't kill off the virus itself in the first place to gain immunity because it lacked sufficient quantities of Vitamin A and D.

Here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19172691

This article in no way supports your ludicrous claim.
The immune system can't stop a lot of viruses initially because they're new to the human body.
The system's got to adapt to survive and fight the viruses off.
By introducing a small amount of the virus the body has to time to adapt and immunize.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#102  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 12:13 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:
consistency wrote:
Where did I indicate that I wanted to profit financially from them?

I believe credit should go where it is do. Too many smart people throughout history have been abused and pushed to the side by those solely seeking fame.

I took this:
consistency wrote:I will change how people see our biology but not through the system. Real truth is self evident, bows to no one and requires no praise.

as an insistence that you're not so much interested in the credit or glory for making a big discovery. Then I don't think you've dodged the bullet. It's an interest outside of the truth that's driving your refusal, but I think that's where your criticism of the scientific community is supposed to get its teeth.

I am interested in the credit; not so much the glory and respect.

What is "It's" suppose to refer to?

theropod wrote:As opposed inactive drugs? What are those?

RS

Amino acids and fatty acids are converted into active neurochemicals on demand and broken down on demand.
I Observe, therefore, I am.
consistency

Print view this post

#103  Postby Rumraket » Jan 11, 2014 12:25 am

consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:

You're spouting ignorant and idiotic nonsense once again. Here are a few examples:

You're ignorant on how the immune system works.

No, you're ignorant about how the immune system works.

consistency wrote:Vaccine contains dead viruses

"Dead viruses". What is a dead virus? You realize viruses aren't alive?

Vaccines can contain various surface proteins from viral particles, sometimes themselves broken up into smaller fragments and fused with certain other potential proteins or structures that make it easier for immunoglobulins from your own immune system to adhere to and reckognize these viral fragments.

consistency wrote:so the immune system can gain immunity..

A process you probably have zero clue about how works. Initiating reckognition between viral particles and immunoglobulins is only the first step in a cascading process once you have had your injection.

consistency wrote:the same immune system that couldn't kill off the virus itself in the first place to gain immunity because it lacked sufficient quantities of Vitamin A and D.

Or maybe it could if you could survive the fever and onslaught of having a significant fraction of your body's cells invaded by viruses and killed off by your own oversaturated immune system.

Sure, lacking essential vitamins will weaken your immune system, but there's simply no guarantee or even credible evidence that any of the diseases we now have vaccine cures for would be naturally fought off, effortlessly with close to zero casualties or without suffering severe symptoms of the infection, by uncompromised immune systems. That's why they came up with vaccines for them in the first place ffs.

Are you truly so clueless you think your immune system can just kill any virus that invades just because you're not deficient in Vitamins A and D?

consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:
consistency wrote:Keep defending a crooked system of unmoralistic sheeps.

Err, are you trying to say "immoral sheep"?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unmoral

So you're saying it's effectively morally neutral? Somehow I don't think this is what you meant to say. :picard:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#104  Postby theropod » Jan 11, 2014 12:30 am

consistency wrote:snip...

RS

Amino acids and fatty acids are converted into active neurochemicals on demand and broken down on demand.

Those aren't drugs. Find a professional reference to an inactive drug and cite it here.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 11, 2014 12:35 am

consistency wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:
consistency wrote:

I believe credit should go where it is do. Too many smart people throughout history have been abused and pushed to the side by those solely seeking fame.

I took this:
consistency wrote:I will change how people see our biology but not through the system. Real truth is self evident, bows to no one and requires no praise.

as an insistence that you're not so much interested in the credit or glory for making a big discovery. Then I don't think you've dodged the bullet. It's an interest outside of the truth that's driving your refusal, but I think that's where your criticism of the scientific community is supposed to get its teeth.

"It's" refers to the credit you're seeking.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#106  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 12:51 am

Rumraket wrote:

Are you truly so clueless you think your immune system can just kill any virus that invades just because you're not deficient in Vitamins A and D?

:hand:

I don't "think", I observe. Are you such a blockhead that you can't understand simple science?

Full article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2906676/

Children with concomitant hypovitaminosis A and anemia presented a significant increase in absolute CD4 and CD8 T-cell counts after vitamin A supplementation (p < 0.05).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21234860

Vitamin D Deficiency- An Ignored Epidemic - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068797/

Every year everyone I know is sick with the flu yet my immune system doesn't even budge one bit because I supplement with a plant based Vitamin D3 supplement and drink freshly squeezed carrot juice on a regular basis along with my consumption of leafy greens.
consistency

Print view this post

#107  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 1:01 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:
consistency wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:
consistency wrote:

I took this:

"It's" refers to the credit you're seeking.

Can you rewrite your sentence so it is easy to understand? :ask:
consistency

Print view this post

#108  Postby Matthew Shute » Jan 11, 2014 1:30 am

consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:

You're ignorant on how the immune system works. Vaccine contains dead viruses so the immune system can gain immunity.. the same immune system that couldn't kill off the virus itself in the first place to gain immunity because it lacked sufficient quantities of Vitamin A and D.

If you actually wanted to learn something about this, I'd refer you to Rumraket's post (#103). However, I see from your response to it that you're still only interested in posting vacuous propaganda for pseudoscience.

Anyway, your uninfored ranting doesn't do anything to change the fact that many fatal diseases have been cured by the very "system" you do nothing but denigrate.

Anyone who takes the approach that avoiding vaccines is a good idea, on the basis that vitamins are sufficient to fight off any virus, is running the risk of winning a Darwin award.

Matthew Shute wrote:
consistency wrote:Keep defending a crooked system of unmoralistic sheeps.

Unmoral, as in "unrelated to moral or ethical considerations"? Unmoralistic would be, let's see, not of a moralistic character (moralistic, as in "narrowly and conventionally moral"?)

Right.. :?
Last edited by Matthew Shute on Jan 11, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#109  Postby scott1328 » Jan 11, 2014 1:36 am

RS

I think they are called homeopathic
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Rumraket » Jan 11, 2014 1:37 am

consistency wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

I don't "think", I observe. Are you such a blockhead that you can't understand simple science?

Children with concomitant hypovitaminosis A and anemia presented a significant increase in absolute CD4 and CD8 T-cell counts after vitamin A supplementation (p < 0.05).

Vitamin D Deficiency- An Ignored Epidemic - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068797/

Why the shitfuck is it a surprise to you that normal organismal function is compromised during vital vitamin deficiency? The test we need to do is whether vaccines actually work in uncompromised and otherwise healthy people. Controlled conditions, only vary a single factor at a time.

Do you understand how you test something in science? The role of a null hypothesis?

Here's a test you need to conduct: A large, non-vaccinated controlgroup without vitamin deficiencies are infected with, say, measles.

This is then tested against a large group (who are also not deficient in any vitamins) who are vaccinated against measles first.

Then and only then have you actually tested whether vaccinations work.

Get a fucking education. Better yet, engage in some critical thought.

consistency wrote:Every year everyone I know is sick with the flu yet my immune system doesn't even budge one bit because I supplement with a plant based Vitamin D3 supplement and drink freshly squeezed carrot juice on a regular basis along with my consumption of leafy greens.

Your personal anecdotes are worth less than shit in a scientific discussion. I'm sure you've heard of this branch of science and mathematics called STATISTICS (or maybe you haven't and this explains your failure). Peer reviewed clinical studies with statistically significant testgroups please.
Rumraket

Print view this post

#111  Postby Rumraket » Jan 11, 2014 1:39 am

scott1328 wrote:

RS

I think they are called homeopathic

Hey, you can still drown! :lol:
Rumraket

Print view this post

#112  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 11, 2014 1:45 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:It's an interest outside of the truth that's driving your refusal, but I think that's where your criticism of the scientific community is supposed to get its teeth.

Here, consistency, I'll restate my concern.

You’ve suggested that interests other than truth-seeking, or whatever theoretical virtues you take good science to consist in, distort the choice of what is published by the scientific community. Further, you say that you have made a significant scientific discovery of your own. However, you refuse to elaborate on your discovery for reasons other than those that are truth-seeking or theoretically virtuous.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#113  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 2:26 am

Rumraket wrote:
consistency wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

Why the shitfuck is it a surprise to you that normal organismal function is compromised during vital vitamin deficiency? The test we need to do is whether vaccines actually work in uncompromised and otherwise healthy people. Controlled conditions, only vary a single factor at a time.

Do you understand how you test something in science? The role of a null hypothesis?

Here's a test you need to conduct: A large, non-vaccinated controlgroup without vitamin deficiencies are infected with, say, measles.

This is then tested against a large group (who are also not deficient in any vitamins) who are vaccinated against measles first.

Then and only then have you actually tested whether vaccinations work.

Get a fucking education. Better yet, engage in some critical thought.

It isn't a surprise to me. Why can't you accept the truth? Why are you so indoctrinated with the idea that "manipulation" is the answer to all health problems? Why are you indoctrinated with the idea that a healthy human body is defenseless? Do you not think it is arrogant of you to reward bad behavior with vaccines because people don't want to consume their leafy greens, engage in physical activity and get sufficienct sunshine?

Who decides what constitutes the levels of a vitamin deficiency? And will these tests be completed on sick overweight people with metabolic damage?

If you believe in evolution theory, why don't you follow it? The strong survive and the weak wither away. But you seem to believe that we need to save everyone and manipulate everything.

Rumraket wrote:
consistency wrote:Every year everyone I know is sick with the flu yet my immune system doesn't even budge one bit because I supplement with a plant based Vitamin D3 supplement and drink freshly squeezed carrot juice on a regular basis along with my consumption of leafy greens.

Your personal anecdotes are worth less than shit in a scientific discussion. I'm sure you've heard of this branch of science and mathematics called STATISTICS (or maybe you haven't and this explains your failure). Peer reviewed clinical studies with statistically significant testgroups please.

If everyone is too arrogant to eat their leafy greens and too sick to be tested... what is the point in testing sick people? Yet the scientific community does just that, test sick people as the pinnacle of perfect health.

Are you going to get off your pedestal or do I need to kick you off? :ask:
consistency

Print view this post

#114  Postby Macdoc » Jan 11, 2014 2:44 am

Come back and spout your nonsense when you get cancer which 50% of males will.

You woo won't do squat....the oncos might. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#115  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 3:01 am

Matthew Shute wrote:
consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:

You're ignorant on how the immune system works. Vaccine contains dead viruses so the immune system can gain immunity.. the same immune system that couldn't kill off the virus itself in the first place to gain immunity because it lacked sufficient quantities of Vitamin A and D.

If you actually wanted to learn something about this, I'd refer you to Rumraket's post (#103). However, I see from your response to it that you're still only interested in posting vacuous propaganda for pseudoscience.

Anyway, your uninfored ranting doesn't do anything to change the fact that many fatal diseases have been cured by the very "system" you do nothing but denigrate.

Anyone who takes the approach that avoiding vaccines is a good idea, on the basis that vitamins are sufficient to fight off any virus, is running the risk of winning a Darwin award.

The same "system" that has denigrated those like Max Gerson for offering solutions that would never bring in any profitable income? :ask:

Medical system = snake oil salesman? :ask:

Darwin award is in direct opposition to what I am saying. I am saying to feed the body the nutrients it requires from whole foods so it can produce the immune system fighting cells and their ammunition to kill off viruses and microorganisms.

Interesting study: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925443996000427

Matthew Shute wrote:
consistency wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:

Unmoral, as in "unrelated to moral or ethical considerations"? Unmoralistic would be, let's see, not of a moralistic character (moralistic, as in "narrowly and conventionally moral"?)

Right.. :?

Unmoral is not having morals. Not knowing the difference between right and wrong.
"having no moral perception or quality; also : not influenced or guided by moral considerations"

Immoral is "not conforming to accepted standards of morality." - as in following your own personal values.
consistency

Print view this post

#116  Postby consistency » Jan 11, 2014 3:15 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:It's an interest outside of the truth that's driving your refusal, but I think that's where your criticism of the scientific community is supposed to get its teeth.

Here, consistency, I'll restate my concern.

You’ve suggested that interests other than truth-seeking, or whatever theoretical virtues you take good science to consist in, distort the choice of what is published by the scientific community. Further, you say that you have made a significant scientific discovery of your own. However, you refuse to elaborate on your discovery for reasons other than those that are truth-seeking or theoretically virtuous.

Thanks. Now I understand.

Well, research is financially driven. Meaning that if there is no scope of eventually producing a synthetic product that will supposedly "cure" people; research isn't followed through. And most scientists are indoctrinated with this type of thinking pattern without knowing that they have been indoctrinated themselves.
http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2011/12/05/the_financially_driven_erosion_of_scientific_integrity_99401.html

I do refuse to elaborate on it for virtues reasons. I'd rather execute the discovery myself correctly than let an incompetent person execute my discovery poorly because of their mindset towards fame.
consistency

Print view this post

#117  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jan 11, 2014 3:33 am

consistency wrote:
Darwinsbulldog wrote:
What an idiotic and totally wrong point of view. Science is a process that uses methodological naturalism to investigate natural phenomena and build testable and falsifiable descriptions and predictions of these phenomena, using mathematical and/or verbal models. It is a universal language of describing and organising such knowledge. It does not even presume reality. Thus ANYONE, regardless of their beliefs, can use this process to gain useful knowledge from curing disease to building a space station.
ANYONE is welcome to change, re-order, invent new scientific methods and techniques. The only proviso being that they work better than what has been practiced in the past.

Doctors don't cure anything. Take a look at the supposed cure for mental illness.. doctors prescribe active drugs that can't be regulated by the body, much like illegal drugs, these legal drugs are just as harmful as illegal drugs since they hook on neuroreceptors in an unregulated manner. Keep defending a crooked system of unmoralistic sheeps.

The idiotic views just keep on coming. Firstly, medical practitioners are not scientists, but applied biological technicians. They use science-based medicine but are not usually medical researchers as such, although they obviously gather coal-face data on drug-trials etc.
Second, science is not just about medicine, but is a broad field of endevour with many disciplines.
Third. progress in science is not even. In some cases this is due to funding priorities which is a political/economic/social issue and has nothing to do with science itself. You mentioned psychiatry. This is a particularly difficult and complex field but good progress is being made. Apart from environmental influences, there are at least a hundred genes which impact on mental illness.
Please don't talk about any science matters as you are obscenely uninformed in these matters. :doh: Thank you.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#118  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 11, 2014 3:54 am

consistency wrote:I do refuse to elaborate on it for virtues reasons. I'd rather execute the discovery myself correctly than let an incompetent person execute my discovery poorly because of their mindset towards fame.

But earlier you cited a worry over receiving your due credit as something like the decisive reason for keeping your discovery under wraps.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#119  Postby Agrippina » Jan 11, 2014 6:09 am

consistency wrote:
Bribase wrote:Along with your other post entitled "Is evolutionary theory false?" This is just cheap journalistic framing, Consistency. You're simply twinning the idea of indoctrination with your own misapprehension of what science is in the vain hope that we don't know better.

Scientific paradigms shift all of the time, Consistency. We've seen that in the revolutionary changes to our conception of modern physics and our understanding of genetics in the last 50 years or so. Both have forced us to reconsider our understandings of the world and to adapt what we previously thought unassailable. It's not difficult to challenge even the most closely guarded scientific principles, as long as you can demonstrate it through rigorous scientific investigation.

Unfortunately, those that complain that their pet theologies aren't accepted into the scientific consensus are not taken seriously because, rather than actually trying to synthesise a sound, rigorous and scientifically accurate mechanism for their design hypothesis they claim that scientists are simply too obstinate. Like you have; Mistaking indoctrination for scientific rigour.

Not at all. I am not against science because science did me wrong. The mindset of the scientific community is wrong. Hence why I strongly believe it is an indoctrination.

I've made a couple of very big world changing discoveries that I will eventually test officially and publish when I get back to Canada. I've made these discoveries BECAUSE scientists have overlooked the results of their studies and they overlooked the results of their studies BECAUSE of their preconceived false beliefs.

In all honesty, there is a lot of made up shit in the scientific community and a lot valid science BUT the made up shit is what ruins the good science. When most scientists accept all the science as valid because they expect everyone to follow the scientific method, it isn't science anymore but a game of telephone where the made up shit is passed around as valid science.

I must introduce you to another member who believes he is "doing science." Consistency meet @John Platko. :thumbup:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#120  Postby MrFungus420 » Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

consistency wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

The irony of saying that in the same post as you said this:

pathetic anecdote is nearly overwhelming.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking