Mosque in Toronto welcomes LGBT for Ramadan

Those Canadians, gotta love 'em!

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Mosque in Toronto welcomes LGBT for Ramadan

#21  Postby felltoearth » Jul 13, 2016 2:30 am

No True Scotsman fallacy but in reverse. Well done.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mosque in Toronto welcomes LGBT for Ramadan

#22  Postby viocjit » Jul 18, 2016 11:59 pm

NineBerry wrote:Sufism is not a separate sect. It exists in Sunni Islam and in Shia Islam. Most muslim cultures are heavily influenced by Sufi thought. It is hard to make clear separations, but Sufis are certainly not a minority in Islam, but a major branch.

I know that it not a distinct sect but I write this to simplify because for average people it is complex to make difference between branches and sub-branches of Islam. The majority of people doesn't know make any differences about Christian beliefs.
How many people can say what Calvinists , Evangelicals , Lutherans believe about salvation ?
The answers are there : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_(Christianity)#Distinct_schools

I'm speaking about this topic to explain that if the majority of people don't know the answer to this debate inside Christianity.
How can they know differences between branches and sub-branches of Islam ?
How many people know that accorded to Maliki Islam that is a sub-branches of Sunni Islam that circumcision isn't an obligation ?
How many people know that accorded to Hanbali Islam that is a sub-branches of Sunni Islam that circumcision is mandatory ?

Conclusion : I like to write things that are clear for everybody and this is why I wrote my previous message like that.
viocjit

Male

France (fr)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism