What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#3341  Postby Ironclad » Jul 20, 2014 11:19 am

Came a bit close yesterday, some staff here are a little trigger-happy with the complaints..

A nice lady at work was signing out for the day and tells me she is off to join the Stop the Palestine Aggression march (whatever it's called) in the city, I mentioned that there'd been a week-long protest outside the BBC offices, with people chanting - "shame on you BBC". The lady then goes on about how the BBC are telling the Jew's side only and supporting anti-Palestine bias. I suggested she might be in error and that the broadcaster's reporters are embedded with those people. But that only served to twist her face up in anger - "those people being attacked are Muslims, Muslims only think of peace", she said.
"What, all of them?", I offered, but that didn't seem to help and as I read her mind (formulating a new attack) I quickly said, "you know, I'm not over there but it seems to me that whatever people claim to be, there will always be horrible people causing problems for everyone who actually seeks a quiet life" - that seemed to shut her up a little.

I was quite impressed with how quickly she flashed red. And the default notion that all people of this one faith are inherently good, and anyone who crosses them is inherently evil ..well, it wasn't surprising really, but I well knew that if I engaged this person I'd have crippled her argument all too easily, and then have some dubious complain raised against me.

I think I did ok. :smoke:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#3342  Postby Sovereign » Jul 22, 2014 3:40 am

You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin — the Savior of mankind.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... o-to-hell/
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3343  Postby Imagination Theory » Jul 22, 2014 4:44 am

Holy fuck!!!!!!!!
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

#3344  Postby redwhine » Jul 22, 2014 7:55 am

Sovereign wrote:
You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin — the Savior of mankind.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... o-to-hell/

[/thread]
Surely, nothing can top that!? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Like BEER? ...Click here!

What do I believe?

Atheism is myth understood.
redwhine

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#3345  Postby Shrunk » Jul 24, 2014 1:09 am

A Catholic expounds on human sexuality (I'm Lutesuite in that discussion):

You wrote:
From the viewpoint of women, it would not be inaccurate to call AIDS 'a heterosexuality disease'.

What are you trying to say? If sodomy is male to male, it is 'homosexual'; but if sodomy is male to female, it is 'heterosexual'?

The term 'heterosexuality' infers the coupling of penis and vagina, not the coupling of penis and anus. Where in the medical literature is an anus considered a sexual organ? Where in the medical literature is sodomy considered 'heterosexual'?

The fact alone that you don't know your sexual organs render suspect your claims to being a 'medical doctor' or even a 'psychiatrist'. Not that such claims should be taken seriously just because they were posted on a blog site.

and...

Wrong. If an opposite sex couple has, for whatever reason, never had penis-to-vagina sex, they will still be called a heterosexual couple.

It's impolite to ask couples (heterosexual or not) if they engage in homosexual acts. So, opposite sex couples are ASSUMED to be 'heterosexual'. However, this assumption (mistaken or not) does not change the MEANING of the word 'heterosexual'. 'Heterosexual' will always infer the coupling of penis and vagina, not the coupling of penis and anus.

Finally...

Where in the medical literature is an anus considered a sexual organ?

It's not, strictly speaking. However, anal sex is still considered a sexual activity. I would have thought a Catholic website would be the LAST place I should have to explain that.....

Anal sex is not a sexual activity for the person who provides the anus.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3346  Postby Animavore » Jul 24, 2014 1:12 am

:rofl:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3347  Postby smudge » Jul 24, 2014 6:42 am

Shrunk wrote:

Where in the medical literature is an anus considered a sexual organ?

It's not, strictly speaking. However, anal sex is still considered a sexual activity. I would have thought a Catholic website would be the LAST place I should have to explain that.....

Anal sex is not a sexual activity for the person who provides the anus.

:shock:
:lol:

That sounds like a 'handy' (I assume the argument applies to all non sex specific body parts?) side step. Is that what they teach in Catholic schools? An excuse honed to a sharp edge by constant use perhaps...
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3348  Postby hackenslash » Jul 24, 2014 7:37 am

So a blow job isn't sex either? If only Bill Clinton had had this fuckwit as his lawyer...
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#3349  Postby babel » Jul 24, 2014 7:52 am

Or a handjob. Is that heterosexual or homosexual activity? :ask:
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3350  Postby hackenslash » Jul 24, 2014 7:55 am

And what would he say about 'thighing'?
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#3351  Postby babel » Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

Or a cleavage fuck. With all those manboobs around these days, it's possible even for all you homos out there. :shifty:
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3352  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 24, 2014 8:13 am

hackenslash wrote:So a blow job isn't sex either? If only Bill Clinton had had this fuckwit as his lawyer...

Isn't that the distinction that got Clinton off from perjury charges anyway? That he said he didn't have sexual relations and a good old handy wasn't that? I wasn't that old at the time so I don't remember it all that well.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3353  Postby hackenslash » Jul 24, 2014 8:16 am

I think you may be right. I was that old at the time, but the memory's not as good as it was when I were a whippersnapper like you... :tongue:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#3354  Postby Shrunk » Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
hackenslash wrote:So a blow job isn't sex either? If only Bill Clinton had had this fuckwit as his lawyer...

Isn't that the distinction that got Clinton off from perjury charges anyway? That he said he didn't have sexual relations and a good old handy wasn't that? I wasn't that old at the time so I don't remember it all that well.

He was actually found guilty of contempt of court, issued a fine and had his license to practice law temporarily suspended.

Perjury was one of the charges he faced in his impeachment hearing, but he was acquitted by a vote of the senate. The reasons for the acquittal cannot be known, as it would be up to each individual senator. The vote did fall largely along party lines, however.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3355  Postby halucigenia » Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Well, that was hilarious Shrunk. Now, please tell us more about phallometric testing. :mrgreen:
halucigenia

Print view this post

#3356  Postby Shrunk » Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

halucigenia wrote:Well, that was hilarious Shrunk. Now, please tell us more about phallometric testing. :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_plethysmograph

Invented by a guy who worked at the same hospital I do. Got a clinic named after him.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3357  Postby halucigenia » Jul 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Do I dare click on that link?

I could not even post the words "phallometric testing" from my work PC, I had to use my ubuphablet.
halucigenia

Print view this post

#3358  Postby aliihsanasl » Jul 29, 2014 9:36 pm

During Ramadan there are religious programs on many different channels and as usual atheists having fun of them on twitter. I read that question on twitter and now really wondering the answer of the religious guy cause fucker is receiving 300.000 $ for 30 day program :smoke: You got to have a cool answer if you are earning that amount, right ?

here is the question of a woman on the phone; " my husband and I are both devoted believers we follow every rule of Islam as much as possible, he loves me so much but I dont love him, my family forced me to marry him. If we both go to heaven am I going to be his wife once again with his prayers or I'll will be away from him as in my prayers ? Whose pray will Allah accept "

Now folks thats some question, thats deep. :scratch:
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#3359  Postby Shrunk » Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

aliihsanasl wrote:During Ramadan there are religious programs on many different channels and as usual atheists having fun of them on twitter. I read that question on twitter and now really wondering the answer of the religious guy cause fucker is receiving 300.000 $ for 30 day program :smoke: You got to have a cool answer if you are earning that amount, right ?

here is the question of a woman on the phone; " my husband and I are both devoted believers we follow every rule of Islam as much as possible, he loves me so much but I dont love him, my family forced me to marry him. If we both go to heaven am I going to be his wife once again with his prayers or I'll will be away from him as in my prayers ? Whose pray will Allah accept "

Now folks thats some question, thats deep. :scratch:

Wouldn't it be sad if he disliked her as much as she dislikes him, and is just doing as good a job of hiding it? Although that would at least answer her question. Actually, it's already plenty sad as it is.

Do you know what answer she received?
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3360  Postby aliihsanasl » Jul 31, 2014 9:11 am

The answer is; in heaven you wont dislike him any more you will have pleasent feelings with the person you dont love during your life. :popcorn:

Nice one, everyone happy in heaven then why are we still wasting time here with the people we dont like ? :scratch:
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism