What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#3641  Postby redwhine » Dec 22, 2014 10:41 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Homosexuality isn't natural, and it's pretty freaking obvious. You're telling me you can get a baby from screwing a guy in his butt? I think not. Men + Women = Human Existence, and this is the undisputed truth that we all know, that we all feel. I don't care what the darned animals do, they're sinning just like the gays. That changes nothing about the truth.

NOTHING.

You can't get a baby from screwing a woman in her butt, neither.
Like BEER? ...Click here!

What do I believe?

Atheism is myth understood.
redwhine

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#3642  Postby Varangian » Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm

redwhine wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Homosexuality isn't natural, and it's pretty freaking obvious. You're telling me you can get a baby from screwing a guy in his butt? I think not. Men + Women = Human Existence, and this is the undisputed truth that we all know, that we all feel. I don't care what the darned animals do, they're sinning just like the gays. That changes nothing about the truth.

NOTHING.

You can't? Then how were Ray Comfort, Ken Ham and other creationist conceived?

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#3643  Postby Alan B » Dec 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Erm, erm, I give in... :ask:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3644  Postby aban57 » Dec 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Varangian wrote:
redwhine wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

NOTHING.

You can't? Then how were Ray Comfort, Ken Ham and other creationist conceived?

The same way Jesus were maybe ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3645  Postby Stumped » Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

aban57 wrote:
Stumped wrote:A young earth creationist I met didn't believe that we could know anything science claims to have discovered about the sun because it's too far away. Presumably in her world knowledge and understanding is inversely proportional to the distance from the subject matter.

That's just bad advertisement for the education system of the country she lives in...
Apart from the obvious brainwashing of course.

England though both educated in accordance with the same curriculum. Think it was I mix of brainwashing and being a bit dim.
Stumped

Print view this post

#3646  Postby Aca » Dec 23, 2014 12:07 pm

corn in the Bible :o :lol:

You would have to be a total bonehead not to know that CORN was ONLY grown in the Americas during ancient biblical times. So why is CORN in the BIBLE®?

CORN is in the Bible because the PEOPLE, PLACES, and EVENTS of the Biblical narratives were in the AMERICAS! True story. Armed with this revelation and my growing body of Biblical knowledge, I embarked on this exciting crusade to educate others about my discovery 3 years ago. In the ensuing several years, I was challenged, attacked, accused of vicious "isms" and ill will, and in general maligned by would be Biblical scholars and armchair archaeologists. I started a BLOG to help track my journey, there you can find some of the dialog I was routinely subjected to.

The difficult situation with CORN in the BIBLE® is that most people, due to the brainwashing that has been handed down through generations, firmly believe that the Biblical events happened in the Middle East. After much research I can PROVE that the Middle East has absolutely NOTHING to do with the history, geography, and genealogy of the Biblical Scriptures. Nothing!

for more visit

Code: Select all
http://corninthebible.com/
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#3647  Postby aban57 » Dec 23, 2014 2:16 pm

it HAS to be a poe, nobody can be THAT stupid and be able to breathe by himself.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3648  Postby Alan B » Dec 23, 2014 2:47 pm

In my childhood I used refer to corn fields or fields of corn, in general, meaning wheat. This maize stuff is some recent forrin import which was an unknown crop when I were a lad.

We never used to talk of 'wheat fields' - it was always 'corn fields'. :scratch:

Edit: And of course there was 'barleycorn'.
Last edited by Alan B on Dec 23, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3649  Postby Zwaarddijk » Dec 23, 2014 3:04 pm

aban57 wrote:it HAS to be a poe, nobody can be THAT stupid and be able to breathe by himself.

I've seen an atheist argue a different spin on the same stupid misconception - viz. 'the Bible must have been authored after the discovery of the Americas, because until then, corn was not known'. And he did seem pretty serious about this.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#3650  Postby Goldenmane » Dec 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Failure of etymology there.

corn1
kɔːn/
noun
noun: corn; plural noun: corns

British
the chief cereal crop of a district, especially (in England) wheat or (in Scotland) oats.
"fields of corn"
synonyms: grain, cereal, cereal crop
"the mill was used for grinding corn"
the grain of a cereal crop.
synonyms: grain, cereal, cereal crop
"the mill was used for grinding corn"
North American, Australian, and New Zealand term for maize.
synonyms: sweetcorn, maize, corn on the cob, Indian corn;
mealie
"she opened a packet of baby corn"
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#3651  Postby halucigenia » Dec 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Why is it that when discussing randomness fundies just come out with the battiest things...
Not random.png
Not random.
Not random.png (21.14 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
halucigenia

Print view this post

#3652  Postby ADParker » Dec 25, 2014 3:26 am

The stupid it burns!!
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#3653  Postby Aca » Dec 26, 2014 9:36 am

I can dream-up things, you cannot, therefore i am right & you are wrong :D

There is evidence, from a vast assortment of things, that suggest that perhaps there are elements of reality and cosmos that point towards things of a metaphysical nature. However athiests refuse the metaphysical just as quickly as they would a single creator.
That is my beef with you reductionist materialist types. It's not that I'm a theist and your an atheist, it's that I see certain kinds of evidence on top of lower evidence and you see lower evidence And that's it..... nothing more. I see nonlocality of subatomic particles as evidence for an underlying unifying reality of a hyperspatial universal consciousness. And I also see it as a quantum representation in the earthly physical realm of bizarre fractal mathematical manifestations of energy. You only see the latter.
There is also evidence, of the logical, rational type, of a force that is "super"natural. Existing outside of "time & space", the space time continuum, in the astrophysics theory of the big bang... That force that is the source behind the big bang. You only see it as the beginning of materialistic existence believing it to begin by itself,... that very thought and statement is illogical in of itself. So you see my friends I'm not arguing for the Christian God here, or Zues, or allah, I'm simply arguing for the metaphysical aspect of reality underlying the materialistic surface reality. My problem with athiests is that such imagination and possibilities are just as taboo and crazy in the minds of the dogmatic atheist worldview as the notion of the tooth fairy,.. as it were. This saddens me. The state of human discovery and imagination trekking through time onwards towards understanding, being brought to a standstill due to surface level narrow mindedness limited by simple materialism. A.k.a the modern atheist.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#3654  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 26, 2014 10:15 am

'Lower' evidence? Wtf?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3655  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 26, 2014 11:30 am

He's simply trying to excuse his preference for made up shit, by declaring said made up shit to be supposedly superior than real evidence. It's standard supernaturalist practice.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3656  Postby hackenslash » Dec 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I've encountered that one on a few groups. She's special.

Meanwhile, as promised, I'm off to permanently delete my Faceache account.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#3657  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 26, 2014 9:45 pm

hackenslash wrote:I've encountered that one on a few groups. She's special.

Meanwhile, as promised, I'm off to permanently delete my Faceache account.

Why, if I might ask?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3658  Postby hackenslash » Dec 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Too much time wasted for too little return. In the time I've burned there, I could have finished not just the book in front of me but the two I have in concept stage as well.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#3659  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm

hackenslash wrote:Too much time wasted for too little return. In the time I've burned there, I could have finished not just the book in front of me but the two I have in concept stage as well.

I see, thanks for sharing. :cheers:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3660  Postby surreptitious57 » Dec 27, 2014 6:11 am

I am rather sad and surprised to hear that but it does mean more free time for you. Your experience is the reason why I do not try to convince others of my own particular points of view [ is different here for I now use the forum more as a sounding board than as a platform for my opinions ] It is not my place to convince anyone of anything for only they can do that them selves. All of the wisdom in the world is absolutely useless when exposed to closed minds. So it has to come from within not without. But if it makes you feel any better you are very much valued here as you know so just saying. And just as you take from Thommo and Vaz then I take from you. I would also suggest that the gap between them and you is far smaller than the one between you and I. I like the fact that nothing remotely questionable will not get a free pass from you though I am also somewhat aware that I should not be over reliant on you but long as you are happy with that I see no problem with it myself
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism