Cartoons of Mohammed

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Cartoons of Mohammed

#21  Postby Aurlito » Mar 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Oeditor wrote:
Aurlito wrote:As I said when Arabs were tempted to commit Jihad, they took over Spain, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and North Africa.
I've just read - but unfortunately failed to bookmark - an article which said that it was the other way round. That the Arabs set about conquering and Islam was just cobbled up to keep them united enough to prevail over their neighbours. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

Arabs were to busy fighting together. they had no time to overcome their neighbors. it was just a glimpse of time that their unity resisted though.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#22  Postby Oeditor » Mar 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Aurlito wrote:Arabs were to busy fighting together. they had no time to overcome their neighbors. it was just a glimpse of time that their unity resisted though.
I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds as though you're saying that they saw the Byzantine empire stumbling and went for it. ISTR there's even less known about what happened to Byzantium than about pre-Muslim Arabia. Or maybe that's just me.
I wonder what would have happened if Byzantium hadn't stumbled and had given Mo a good kicking instead?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby byofrcs » Mar 21, 2010 6:17 am

Oeditor wrote:
Aurlito wrote:Arabs were to busy fighting together. they had no time to overcome their neighbors. it was just a glimpse of time that their unity resisted though.
I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds as though you're saying that they saw the Byzantine empire stumbling and went for it. ISTR there's even less known about what happened to Byzantium than about pre-Muslim Arabia. Or maybe that's just me.
I wonder what would have happened if Byzantium hadn't stumbled and had given Mo a good kicking instead?

The Jews would have all the oil in the Middle East ?.

I'll get my hat.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Adio » Mar 21, 2010 8:26 am

whilst not specifically of mohammed, taking the piss out of his followers is just as fun :mrgreen:

غباء.jpg
غباء.jpg (35.81 KiB) Viewed 712 times
Adio

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam