Cartoons of Mohammed

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Cartoons of Mohammed

#1  Postby cursuswalker » Mar 11, 2010 7:41 pm

So long as Exremists are threatening the lives of cartoonists for drawing a picture of Mohammed, it is a moral duty of those who believe in freedom of speech to produce more such images and to propogate them widely.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 796&ref=mf

If you are a moderate muslim and find the above image offensive, that is duly noted. I hope you will also note the reason for causing such offence. The point is this: due to your being moderate we can discuss it, without my fearing for my life.
Image http://www.caerabred.org/

Space Corps Directive 723. 'Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.'
cursuswalker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Cartoons of Mohammed

#2  Postby Paul G » Mar 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Little question. If I were to draw a picture of a random guy, which many muslims saw, and later told them I had actually drawn the prophet Mohammed, would they be pissed? :)
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#3  Postby cursuswalker » Mar 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Mohammed and his 9 year old wife Aisha:

0<-<
o<<
Image http://www.caerabred.org/

Space Corps Directive 723. 'Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.'
cursuswalker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby ixolite » Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Sorry, but I have no facebook account, so I can not view your link.

Anyway, lots of Mo pics:
http://zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

Here is a pretty long, but old thread, started for pretty much the same reasons:
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16496

IIRC this is the one that got it all started again:
ixolite

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#5  Postby InDeoRideo » Mar 14, 2010 2:41 pm

InDeoRideo

Male

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#6  Postby byofrcs » Mar 14, 2010 6:47 pm

InDeoRideo wrote:Image

Since when did Catholic priests wear turbans ?.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby jaydot » Mar 20, 2010 4:03 am

catholic, muslim, jewish, where's the difference?
jaydot

Print view this post

#8  Postby Aurlito » Mar 20, 2010 4:07 am

Why would I want to provoke muslims? it's just stupid and not so compensative.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby Ironclad » Mar 20, 2010 8:14 am

There are so many images of the dudes face, I wonder when these were deemed 'naughty'?
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Rollerlocked » Mar 20, 2010 9:35 am

Aurlito wrote:Why would I want to provoke muslims? it's just stupid and not so compensative.

Why would you want to let muslims determine the boundaries of free expression? That's truly stupid and unproductive.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."
-Samuel Putnam
Rollerlocked

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby byofrcs » Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am

Rollerlocked wrote:
Aurlito wrote:Why would I want to provoke muslims? it's just stupid and not so compensative.

Why would you want to let muslims determine the boundaries of free expression? That's truly stupid and unproductive.

Yeah, that's why we have legislators. It's up to *them* to limit our freedoms !.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Rollerlocked » Mar 20, 2010 10:00 am

byofrcs wrote:
Rollerlocked wrote:

Yeah, that's why we have legislators. It's up to *them* to limit our freedoms !.

The actions of the pickpocket do not excuse or justify the actions of the burglar.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."
-Samuel Putnam
Rollerlocked

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Aurlito » Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am

Rollerlocked wrote:

Because they are eligible for blowing themselves up ten yard away from you. they have belief and also comfort, confidence and bravery as its derivatives that makes them strong and powerful. What we elicit from early-age Islam is that Jihad made Arabs to proceed from their tents to Spain. there's a slight chance that this event might reoccur.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby lordshipmayhem » Mar 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Aurlito wrote:
Rollerlocked wrote:

Because they are eligible for blowing themselves up ten yard away from you. they have belief and also comfort, confidence and bravery as its derivatives that makes them strong and powerful. What we elicit from early-age Islam is that Jihad made Arabs to proceed from their tents to Spain. there's a slight chance that this event might reoccur.

They have belief, but unthinking belief doesn't make you strong and powerful: it makes you gullible and weak. The religious leaders point them in the direction they want the mob of unthinking halfwits to go, and off the cannon fodder march.

If you don't stand up to the unthinking mob, then you are either part of them or you are their cowering victim, be that mob Xian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu or Spring Break Drunken University Student.
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Paul G » Mar 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Aurlito wrote:
Rollerlocked wrote:

Innit.

Paul G

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Aurlito » Mar 20, 2010 4:28 pm

lordshipmayhem wrote:
Aurlito wrote:
Rollerlocked wrote:

They have belief, but unthinking belief doesn't make you strong and powerful: it makes you gullible and weak. The religious leaders point them in the direction they want the mob of unthinking halfwits to go, and off the cannon fodder march.

If you don't stand up to the unthinking mob, then you are either part of them or you are their cowering victim, be that mob Xian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu or Spring Break Drunken University Student.

Unthinking belief doesn't make you strong and powerful? maybe, individually, but if we escalate it will completely take another alternative route. As I said when Arabs were tempted to commit Jihad, they took over Spain, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and North Africa.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby Paul G » Mar 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Aurlito wrote:As I said when Arabs were tempted to commit Jihad, they took over Spain, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and North Africa.

Interesting. You could also apply that to love of one's country, it doesn't have to be unthinking belief. Imperialisim isn't always related to unthinking belief, though sure it can play a part.
Paul G

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Rollerlocked » Mar 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Aurlito wrote:
Unthinking belief doesn't make you strong and powerful? maybe, individually, but if we escalate it will completely take another alternative route. As I said when Arabs were tempted to commit Jihad, they took over Spain, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and North Africa.

Charles Martel didn't stop the spread of Islam through appeasement.
Nor will we.
-Samuel Putnam
Rollerlocked

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Aurlito » Mar 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Paul G wrote:
Aurlito wrote:As I said when Arabs were tempted to commit Jihad, they took over Spain, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and North Africa.

Interesting. You could also apply that to love of one's country, it doesn't have to be unthinking belief. Imperialisim isn't always related to unthinking belief, though sure it can play a part.

Yeah but in this case, no. Arabs didn't have a country before Islam. they were just a bunch of discrete tribes and cities struggling with each other.
Rollerlocked wrote:
Aurlito wrote:

Charles Martel didn't stop the spread of Islam through appeasement.
Nor will we.

Don't give up your hopes. we have internet. he hadn't. internet is drilling through Islamic countries' foundation.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby Oeditor » Mar 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I've just read - but unfortunately failed to bookmark - an article which said that it was the other way round. That the Arabs set about conquering and Islam was just cobbled up to keep them united enough to prevail over their neighbours. I'll post a link if I can find it again.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Islam