If I sleep with my dog will I go to hell ?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: If I sleep with my dog will I go to hell ?

#21  Postby Ciwan » Apr 23, 2010 10:54 am

I do not know if this is true or not, but when I was a young boy (year 3 at school and Muslim) a mischievous old man (lol he was actually a friend of my Grandpa) said " All Arab Nomads back then (i.e. in the time of Mohmmad) had dogs for protecting their livestock, and the only reason mohammad all of a sudden decided dogs were Haram, was because at night he tried sneaking into a house of some lady for sex, but the dog started barking and thus alerting neighbours ..etc so he decided it was safer for his future visits to women > to label them as Haram. "

Reading stuff on Mohammad though, it seems very likely that, that is in fact what happened LOL :D
Arthur: "I'm YOUR king" - Peasant: "Well, I didn't vote for you!"
Ciwan
RS Donator

Name: J
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#22  Postby tnjrp » Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Does sound a bit like the "theory" that Hitler got rapidly anti-semitic after contracting a veneral disease from a Jewish prostitute. But yes, it's possible.
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Doubtdispelled » Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

Ciwan wrote:I do not know if this is true or not, but when I was a young boy (year 3 at school and Muslim) a mischievous old man (lol he was actually a friend of my Grandpa) said " All Arab Nomads back then (i.e. in the time of Mohmmad) had dogs for protecting their livestock, and the only reason mohammad all of a sudden decided dogs were Haram, was because at night he tried sneaking into a house of some lady for sex, but the dog started barking and thus alerting neighbours ..etc so he decided it was safer for his future visits to women > to label them as Haram. "

Reading stuff on Mohammad though, it seems very likely that, that is in fact what happened LOL :D

:nod: That sounds about right!

If my dog slept on my bed there would be no room for me. She does, however, love to stretch herself out on it after I have got up in the morning. It goes like this: I get up, and pull an old blanket over my bed in an attempt to keep the hairs off the bedclothes. Sometimes when I open the door, she is waiting on the landing, especially if the weather is bad. Otherwise she is to be found on her sofa (!) downstairs rolled over onto her back for a tummy rub, following which she heads for the stairs. Sometimes she meets me in the hallway, touches my hand with her nose as we pass, then makes her way upstairs. :lol:
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam