If I sleep with my dog will I go to hell ?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

If I sleep with my dog will I go to hell ?

#1  Postby byofrcs » Mar 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Our dog (see avatar - that is her getting a tummy rub. Yes she has big teeth) sleeps on top of the bed on my side.

She's a fairly medium dog, about 27 kgs (or just under 60 lbs), very good with children and keeps the wild pigs away from the house (that *must* be a good thing to Muslims ?).

Hypothetically speaking if I was in an Islamic country then would her keeping the wild pigs away from the house balance out the fact that she sleeps on my side of the bed (at my feet, well actually she starts to stretch out lengthways and sort of crushes me against my wife).

What sura in the Qur'an stops me from allowing this ?

ps: we use Frontline for the ticks.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: If I sleep with my dog will I go to hell ?

#2  Postby skintbuthappy » Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Oh yes. You will go straight to the hell that is BEDLINEN FULL OF ANIMAL HAIRS!!!

I am owned by a cat who is merciless in this respect.

Some say that sharing your bed with an animal is unnatural.

I say, be careful whom you marry.
Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinion in good men is but knowledge in the making.
skintbuthappy

Congo, Democratic Republic of (cd)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Peter Brown » Mar 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Our dog (see avatar - that is her getting a tummy rub. Yes she has big teeth) sleeps on top of the bed on my side.

From what I have read about dogs this is not a good place for your dog to sleep. The bed height is akin to where an alpha dog might rest as they like to be higher than regular dogs, but when the dog starts trying to sleep at your head level too it is saying in dog language ‘I’m your boss too’ and then you get all sorts of behaviour problems.

Foot of the bed is fine, on the floor better.

Muslims regard dogs as unclean, some allow guard dogs, but still regard them as unclean, and I think it was last year that a guide dog for the blind was finally allowed to be caged in the foyer of a mosque for the owner. They don’t seem to like dogs at all.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#4  Postby PairOfFeet » Mar 14, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm sorry but the title of this thread gave me a different mental image when I clicked on this.
XiledSpawn wrote:
ray wrote:I have my own beliefs and you have yours.

Do you consider off a tv channel?
PairOfFeet

Print view this post

#5  Postby Dracena » Mar 14, 2010 7:17 pm

PairOfFeet wrote:I'm sorry but the title of this thread gave me a different mental image when I clicked on this.

:rofl: Me too.
Sorry, can't respond to O.P. , I know next to nothing about dogs.
Dracena

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Aurlito » Mar 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I sleep with my cat. but she hesitates so there's always struggle between me and her to keep her in bed. and I don't think that I'm going to hell because I have a non-human bedmate. god loves us all. (really if I can't keep a cat in bed how can I keep women in there?)
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby skintbuthappy » Mar 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Aurlito wrote:I sleep with my cat. but she hesitates so there's always struggle between me and her to keep her in bed. and I don't think that I'm going to hell because I have a non-human bedmate. god loves us all. (really if I can't keep a cat in bed how can I keep women in there?)

I have the opposite problem - keeping the damn cat OUT! :lol:
Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinion in good men is but knowledge in the making.
skintbuthappy

Congo, Democratic Republic of (cd)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Aurlito » Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

skintbuthappy wrote:
Aurlito wrote:I sleep with my cat. but she hesitates so there's always struggle between me and her to keep her in bed. and I don't think that I'm going to hell because I have a non-human bedmate. god loves us all. (really if I can't keep a cat in bed how can I keep women in there?)

I have the opposite problem - keeping the damn cat OUT! :lol:

I had a cat like yours. always licked me and scratched me on the bed but after our small foreplay we both went to sleep. just wait for one or two months. she'll eventually leave.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby jim » Mar 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Aurlito wrote:really if I can't keep a cat in bed how can I keep women in there?

I think you may be going about this the wrong way mate, I am no expert but I don't think many women judge a good partner on the basis of how many cats he can fit in a bed.

Oh and on topic, yes. Sleeping with dogs sends you to hell.
Father Dougal:
Come on, Ted. Sure it's no more peculiar than all that stuff we learned in the seminary, you know, Heaven and Hell and everlasting life and all that type of thing. You're not meant to take it seriously, Ted!
jim

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Oeditor » Mar 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, you may not go to hell, but you sure as hell won't get any angels coming into your house!
Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/377
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Blip » Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

jim wrote:I think you may be going about this the wrong way mate, I am no expert but I think many women judge a good partner on the basis of how many cats he can fit in a bed.

As amended, that's about right :clap:

No idea about hell or muslims though :angel:
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#12  Postby ixolite » Mar 14, 2010 8:06 pm

byofrcs wrote:What sura in the Qur'an stops me from allowing this ?

None, the ahadith do. No dogs in the house, so no dogs on the bad. Dogs are najis. Black dogs are completely haram, because they are evil.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/comics/09.htm
http://www.faithfreedom.org/comics/10.htm

Consequences of believing such BS (NSFW):
http://remembersheena.blogspot.com/2006 ... lling.html
ixolite

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#13  Postby byofrcs » Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am

Oeditor wrote:Well, you may not go to hell, but you sure as hell won't get any angels coming into your house!
Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/377

Ah this is the bit I was after. I see odd parallels with daubs of blood and the passover. Given to the Egyptians the angel of God meant the death of the firstborn, one wonders if such a visitation is A Good Thing anyway.

Anyway if you examine the

You see, ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." and regarding drinking from the same containers, "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" as well as "It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it" (which is a good thing even today - our dog was given and we neutered her).

Then we have "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." - which as I have shown with the first-born could be good.

Then our most learned friend finally comes clean, "Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills..."

So in essence it is just because you would end up being like a "kuffaar" (non-Muslims). Well it is a friend, though unlike a stuffed toy I have - it does not have an email address, I do not kiss it (she licks her butt after all), I've never seen her lick our clothing (could that be salt grime that you get from sweat in hotter countries ?), sleep with them (well more she's with us ), I'm not dead yet to leave money to anyone.

Well, Pascals wager-like I'm OK so phew, thank goodness for that. I'm just doing what any kuffaar does.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#14  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 15, 2010 12:52 am

Wonder why paarsurrey hasn't chimed in on THIS thread??
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
mmmcheezy
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby byofrcs » Mar 15, 2010 1:25 am

mmmcheezy wrote:Wonder why paarsurrey hasn't chimed in on THIS thread??

As our user ixolite commented that there are no Qur'an sura on this - it's just haddith (which are made up bits which are definitely made up by humans as opposed to made up bits which are claimed to be made up by God).

paarsurrey is currently reading the Qur'an again to make sure. Wouldn't it be funny if in the original manuscripts that they burnt on the direction of the great Sheik c'Atb-e'rt, there was an apocryphal saying like this,

اللحمة لحمة النباح النباح اللحمة لعق بعقب

but as it was only written (actually more scratched) on just three wooden sticks which had a number of teeth marks in them, these got burnt too.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#16  Postby faithless and free » Mar 23, 2010 5:46 am

PairOfFeet wrote:I'm sorry but the title of this thread gave me a different mental image when I clicked on this.

On that note the Ayatolla Khomeini apparently said in one of his books that having sex with animals( goats, camels, cows etc) is ok as long as you kill it immediately afterward.
It is forbidden to sell the slaughtered animal as meat though. :lol:
'Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme'
-The Koran.
Religion of peace? Yeah right.
faithless and free

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#17  Postby faithless and free » Mar 23, 2010 5:49 am

Maybe cats are ok, Mohamed apparently cut off his own sleeve rather than disturb a cat that was sleeping on it. What a nut.
'Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme'
-The Koran.
Religion of peace? Yeah right.
faithless and free

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#18  Postby byofrcs » Mar 23, 2010 8:59 am

faithless and free wrote:Maybe cats are ok, Mohamed apparently cut off his own sleeve rather than disturb a cat that was sleeping on it. What a nut.

Understandable; Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#19  Postby tnjrp » Mar 23, 2010 9:36 am

Peter Brown wrote:From what I have read about dogs this is not a good place for your dog to sleep. The bed height is akin to where an alpha dog might rest as they like to be higher than regular dogs, but when the dog starts trying to sleep at your head level too it is saying in dog language ‘I’m your boss too’ and then you get all sorts of behaviour problems
This is, I believe, lately to be regarded as an oversimplification of the dog psychology. Simple Alpha model theories have been repeatedly challenged. Human/dog pack has been found to be a more dynamic system.

Floor is definitely better tho if you don't like hair, sand etc. in your bed :yuk:

Anyway, more to the subject, wiz:
Muslims regard dogs as unclean, some allow guard dogs, but still regard them as unclean, and I think it was last year that a guide dog for the blind was finally allowed to be caged in the foyer of a mosque for the owner. They don’t seem to like dogs at all.
Some discussion about Muslims' views on dogs here:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/dogs.htm
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#20  Postby rplatell » Apr 22, 2010 10:43 pm

The muslim aversion to dogs is just one more reason why I consider it to be a completely fucked up religion.

My dog is welcome to sleep on the bed if she wants - hoewever she seems to prefer the floor.
rplatell

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Islam