Muslims Threaten South Park "like Theo Van Gogh"

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Muslims Threaten South Park "like Theo Van Gogh"

#181  Postby Imagination Theory » Apr 25, 2010 7:48 am

cherries wrote:
theye1 wrote:Also, Ayaan Hirsi Ali is fucking annoying. She does more to damage to Women rights in Muslims dominated countries, then helps.

how?

I'd also like to know the answer to this. :ask:
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

#182  Postby Scarlett » Apr 25, 2010 8:10 am

Imagination Theory wrote:
cherries wrote:
theye1 wrote:Also, Ayaan Hirsi Ali is fucking annoying. She does more to damage to Women rights in Muslims dominated countries, then helps.

how?

I'd also like to know the answer to this. :ask:

And me
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#183  Postby cherries » Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihjJqm9iW8[/youtube]
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

!

#184  Postby THWOTH » Apr 25, 2010 11:27 pm

HughMcB wrote:The new episode can be watched here (dunno how long it'll last)...

http://www.xepisodes.com/southpark/epis ... 6/201.html

Damn you! My monthly bandwidth is going to be through the roof!

Season 10 - Cartoon Wars! Whole US nation tries to bury their heads in sand - literally - regarding the appearance of Moo-ham-ed in an episode of Fox hist 'Family Guy.' Great spoof of Family Guy and cameo appearance by Bart Simpson analogue t'boot. Very, very good. :D

Damn you!
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#185  Postby theye1 » Apr 26, 2010 12:36 am

how?

She's has made a career of renouncing the religion and insulting its followers, she alienates Muslim Women from potentially supporting feminism. She has more fans among the radical right, like the BNP and Geert wilder's party.

an activist for immigrant Muslim women's rights in Holland

Then why was she supporting Geert Wilders party while she was a PM?
“An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men.”
― Charles Darwin
theye1

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#186  Postby Oeditor » Apr 26, 2010 12:41 am

Ahhrgh! This thread gained momentum while I wasn't looking and I've skipped the last ten pages for now. People seem to be arguing that Mo did this and Mo did that. Just bear in mind that the Koran contains only a small proportion of the alleged history of Mo's doing - and most of that arrived at by interpretation. So far as I've been able to make out from that seriously obscure text, it contains no mention of the age of his alleged child bride. Not that his example, as described elsewhere, isn't still used as a justification for child rape. However, most of what Mo is said to have said and done is from highly suspect sources and considered by some to have been made up in order to justify ancient Arab practices. Now, sadly, propagated the world over.
Hell, a muslim (convert) German professor of Islam has come the conclusion that Mo may not even have existed. Enough so to have deconverted and consequently pretty well vanished into hiding. http://www.rational-skepticism.org/islam/qur-anic-origins-and-immutability-t3001-50.html (near the bottom of the page).
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#187  Postby Dracena » Apr 26, 2010 1:40 am

Have you seen this sexy thing? :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y61iNMpm23U[/youtube]
Dracena

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#188  Postby theye1 » Apr 26, 2010 2:19 am

Hell, a muslim (convert) German professor of Islam has come the conclusion that Mo may not even have existed.

I would like to see his reasoning, considering his contemporaries are very well known. Such as Abu Bakr and Khalid Bin Whalid (fyi, his military genius is under-appreciated in Western popular culture. He's equally as good as Alexander or Julius Caesar) and others.

Also, Robert Spencer hasn't got any academic training in Islamic history, as such he isn't an expert on Islamic history.
“An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men.”
― Charles Darwin
theye1

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#190  Postby DoctorE » Apr 26, 2010 8:01 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvwfvRpqCA[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#191  Postby Shuggy » Apr 26, 2010 8:02 am

From Jesus and Mo

"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG." -Bill Gates-
Yes, and that stopped at intervals in the middle of the superhighway and wouldn't go again till you opened and closed the left rear window, and with START written on the brake pedal.
The Wero Shop - products to make you laugh and think
Shuggy

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#192  Postby Shuggy » Apr 26, 2010 8:29 am

cherries wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihjJqm9iW8[/youtube]

My copy of this had an ad across the bottom: "How to convert to Islam"...
The Wero Shop - products to make you laugh and think
Shuggy

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#193  Postby cherries » Apr 26, 2010 11:50 am

theye1 wrote:
Hell, a muslim (convert) German professor of Islam has come the conclusion that Mo may not even have existed.

I would like to see his reasoning, considering his contemporaries are very well known. Such as Abu Bakr and Khalid Bin Whalid (fyi, his military genius is under-appreciated in Western popular culture. He's equally as good as Alexander or Julius Caesar) and others.
Also, Robert Spencer hasn't got any academic training in Islamic history, as such he isn't an expert on Islamic history.

have a look at oeditors thread there are some links to articles about it etc. :) http://www.rational-skepticism.org/post157547.html#p157547

cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#194  Postby Oeditor » Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm

theye1 wrote:

An interesting aspect, which I hadn't considered. What sort of contemporary records of Abu Bakr and Khalid Bin Whalid are there? If they are good, how come they don't (it would appear) document Mohammed's doings at the same time? If they are not contemporary, and assuming that they recount real people and events, couldn't Mohammed have been edited in?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#195  Postby cherries » Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

theye1 wrote:
how?

She's has made a career of renouncing the religion and insulting its followers, she alienates Muslim Women from potentially supporting feminism. She has more fans among the radical right, like the BNP and Geert wilder's party.

an activist for immigrant Muslim women's rights in Holland

Then why was she supporting Geert Wilders party while she was a PM?

i think she might have gone through that stage that new converts go though,only with her it was the other way around,just being a bit "enthusiastic".
she is trying to make people aware of the plight of muslim women,maybe she has generalized a bit and make it look as if all muslim women are subjected to terrible cruelty.try to see it from her point of view where she really did suffer a lot and on getting out of islam had her life threatened and her friends murdered.she could either have gone in hiding or asserted herself.
i don't think she alienates muslim women from potentially supporting feminism that would be their traditional upbringing which tells them to be submissive.

cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#196  Postby theye1 » Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Oeditor wrote:
theye1 wrote:

An interesting aspect, which I hadn't considered.

Their is some mention of Muhammad in contemporary Non-Muslim texts, not much, Arabia was pretty was pretty insignificant at the time. Not body at time considered Arabia much of a threat, to much in fighting among. It's not question of him existing, but what he did. The Quran and the Hadith are probably in large part later fabrications.

What sort of contemporary records of Abu Bakr and Khalid Bin Whalid are there?

It's well established they very well established they both existed, Khalid Bin Whalid is considered a military genius, like Alexander the great.

If they are good, how come they don't (it would appear) document Mohammed's doings at the same time?

Abu Bakr came to prominence after he invaded and Conquered parts of Roman Syria and Iraq, about a year and half after Muhammad's death.
― Charles Darwin
theye1

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#197  Postby DoctorE » Apr 27, 2010 8:49 am

Thunderf00ts video was taken down... here it is again
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MydAesQz9LE[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#198  Postby DoctorE » Apr 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Sorry wrong thread :P
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#199  Postby andyx1205 » Apr 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Islam is a religion of peace...

...as long as you rip out a chunk of its pages.
“I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.” - Trotsky
andyx1205

Name: Andy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#200  Postby theye1 » Apr 27, 2010 12:37 pm

andyx1205 wrote:Islam is a religion of peace...

...as long as you rip out a chunk of its pages.

Isn't that with every religion though? Even Buddhism is pretty violent.
― Charles Darwin
theye1

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam