The Quran is not ambiguous? Discuss

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Quran is not ambiguous? Discuss

#21  Postby z8000783 » Mar 18, 2010 4:41 pm

paarsurrey wrote:
z8000783 wrote:
paarsurrey wrote:
z8000783 wrote: You have looked at the verses, probably in the original Arabic,
John

Hi friend "z8000783"

I have opened a thread at my blog titled "Quran is neither ambiguous nor contradictory" . I have pasted the verses in question:

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... radictory/

Since I am restricted here; you or anyone of my friends here , in their own free will and absolutely no compulsion, may visit there and discuss the topic. If you may like.

Thanks

But you haven't said how the verse is not ambiguous, which is all I am trying to understand. As I have said in the past explaining you book is not preaching, go to a thread unsolicited and telling someone to become a Muslim would be.

It is all to do with intention and if yours is honest then you won't have a problem. I would be pleased to see you answer here, I will not be discussing this on your blog.

Can you also tell why is it that talking to you and ray is like getting blood out of a stone.

John

I don't think so.

You don't think so concerns what exactly?

paarsurrey wrote:It is your own sweet will.

What is?

paarsurrey wrote:I only informed you.

But you haven't yet, I'm still waiting and now you've moved the question to your blog whilst continuing to avoid answering it.

paarsurrey wrote:You may revise your opinion, sometimes. I won't mind.

I may well do if I ever get an answer.

paarsurrey wrote:I won't discuss the Moderators or their policies.

You can if you like there is a special forum just for that here. They will be more than happy to clarify the rules on preaching if you ask them.

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#22  Postby UnderConstruction » Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm

paarsurrey wrote:
Since I am restricted here; you or anyone of my friends here , in their own free will and absolutely no compulsion, may visit there and discuss the topic. If you may like.

You are restricted here from preaching. To support your assertion that the Quran is unambiguous, you should not need to resort to this. Just look at the text, quote passages and explain why they can have one meaning and one meaning only.

Please note, as previously pointed out, reliance in "common sense" or any presuppositions regarding the character of God will not do your case any favours.
"Origins from God/Genesis are secular actually as we see it." - Robert Byers
UnderConstruction

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm

z8000783 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:I think paarsurrey should be done for preaching or trolling. He is quoting from a book that he claims is from a deity he has not proved exists.

Then you will bar all theists from being able to explain and/or defend their holy books, which I for one am interested to hear about.

John

Their WHAT. The load of crap they keep preeching from. There are plenty of scholarly sites where you can read evrything about the koran, bibble and other misguided books. Why do you want hear it from brainwahed preachers who hardly understand what it means. Wierd.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#24  Postby cherries » Mar 18, 2010 4:46 pm

paarsurrey wrote:
Paarsurrey wrote:Do you agree that the western society is not treating women equitably; as they have overburdened women cruelly?

cherries wrote:
that depends on the individuals concerned,my friend and her husband for example have a completely equal relationship.they were both working,after she gave birth to their baby they both took "maternity leave".my friend a bit longer before she went back to work.they share all household tasks.

How long the maternity leave would last? It must have been their first baby.

If they have say four or five children?

Thanks

i can't remember how long it lasted but it was quite long.
true it's there first child.they don't want anymore children because there are so many already in this world and the earth can't sustain so many.
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm

cherries wrote:
paarsurrey wrote:
Paarsurrey wrote:Do you agree that the western society is not treating women equitably; as they have overburdened women cruelly?

cherries wrote:
that depends on the individuals concerned,my friend and her husband for example have a completely equal relationship.they were both working,after she gave birth to their baby they both took "maternity leave".my friend a bit longer before she went back to work.they share all household tasks.

How long the maternity leave would last? It must have been their first baby.

If they have say four or five children?

Thanks

i can't remember how long it lasted but it was quite long.
true it's there first child.they don't want anymore children because there are so many already in this world and the earth can't sustain so many.

Tell that to a muslim. That all women are for according to that lovely book along with having sex with your husband everytime he demands it. Very equal.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#26  Postby cherries » Mar 18, 2010 4:54 pm

we can get to that and you already did.
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#27  Postby z8000783 » Mar 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
z8000783 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:I think paarsurrey should be done for preaching or trolling. He is quoting from a book that he claims is from a deity he has not proved exists.

Then you will bar all theists from being able to explain and/or defend their holy books, which I for one am interested to hear about.

John

Their WHAT. The load of crap they keep preeching from. There are plenty of scholarly sites where you can read evrything about the koran, bibble and other misguided books. Why do you want hear it from brainwahed preachers who hardly understand what it means. Wierd.

I do and you don't, what's the problem with that? Nobody forces you to read these posts.

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam