Tim Winter

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Tim Winter

#21  Postby james1v » May 04, 2013 1:15 am

One pathetic prick. I dont repeat myself very often, but this prick deserves it! :thumbdown:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Calilasseia » May 04, 2013 1:49 am

Imagination Theory wrote:
In 2010 he was voted Britain’s most influential Muslim thinker by Jordan’s Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre.

:shock:

If this is all it takes to be an "influential Muslim thinker", then I'd better not introduce them to my tropical fish, or they'll think my fish are world class physicists.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Imagination Theory » May 04, 2013 3:17 am

Calilasseia wrote:
In 2010 he was voted Britain’s most influential Muslim thinker by Jordan’s Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre.

If this is all it takes to be an "influential Muslim thinker", then I'd better not introduce them to my tropical fish, or they'll think my fish are world class physicists.

:lol:

Look, they are all men.

http://rissc.jo/index.php/english-publi ... slims.html
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 04, 2013 10:00 am

Calilasseia wrote:

Look, they are all men.

Suprised? It is islam you know but dont tell Nora that. She believes that muslim women have an influence in islam.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Oeditor » May 04, 2013 10:04 am

Shrunk wrote:"Lesbianism"?! :ahrr:

Allah has ninety-nine names.
<snip>
The divine names have distinct vocations
Yeah. I'm really sure such exalted abstractions are behind the typical Muslim objections to gender equality. :roll:
Actually, it's no different from Christianity, apart from having 99 names. Judaism started with one, then the Christians upped it to three. . With three vocations to match: the original smiting to which they added doing miracles with food and getting virgins pregnant. Most Muslims regard revering three vocations as polytheism, so where does that put 99? INFIDELS!
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Shrunk » May 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Now, try imagine a list of most influential British thinkers, period, without regard to religion. And imagine how far down that list this clown would place.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Clive Durdle » May 04, 2013 12:11 pm

A lecturer at Cambridge University is by definition a very powerful position.....
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#28  Postby james1v » May 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Clive Durdle wrote:A lecturer at Cambridge University is by definition a very powerful position.....

Unfortunately.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

james1v wrote:
Clive Durdle wrote:A lecturer at Cambridge University is by definition a very powerful position.....

Unfortunately.

And a waste of good money.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Imagination Theory » May 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:

Look, they are all men.

Suprised? It is islam you know but dont tell Nora that. She believes that muslim women have an influence in islam.

No, I'm not and if you saw my other posts you would know that. My shock face was that this guy is considered influential. I still don't think Muslims are more evil or that most terrorists are Muslim. That is not correct information.
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.

Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
Imagination Theory

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Alan B » Jun 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Islam has no truck with the hazardous Christian notion that God is male (the "Father"), an assumption that has been invoked to justify traditional Western notions of the objective superiority of the male principle.
<snip>
Islam's position is thus a nuanced one. Metaphysically, the male and female principles are equal.
And more <snip>

And Islam and it's proponents do not invoke the objective superiority of the male principle?
What utter bollocks!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby chairman bill » Jun 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Except that he just gets to spout offensive made-up bollocks to those who want to hear offensive made-up bollocks. I doubt his influence extends much beyond that discrete audience.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam