To veil or not to veil

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: To veil or not to veil

#21  Postby Boadacia! » Mar 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Give them another 300 years and they'll have token veils, with a packet of baloons in 'AliWorths, on the main streets in Bagdad and Kabul.' It's just a matter of time, alike all religions some take longer for the masses to become educated, and realise how ridiculous it all is. We're just on the dawn of enlightenment, and even if the Taliban philosophy became worldwide policy, human nature is far stronger, and eventually religions cannot stop progress, no matter how much they try.

Finally, after a useless dribbling Mafia run ISP, I've found broadband that bloody works with no throttling/traffic management, answers from British staff in under 30 minutes, and £19 a month!

Female

Print view this post

#22  Postby katja z » Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Boadacia! wrote:Give them another 300 years and they'll have token veils, with a packet of baloons in 'AliWorths, on the main streets in Bagdad and Kabul.' It's just a matter of time, alike all religions some take longer for the masses to become educated, and realise how ridiculous it all is. We're just on the dawn of enlightenment, and even if the Taliban philosophy became worldwide policy, human nature is far stronger, and eventually religions cannot stop progress, no matter how much they try.

Amen to that. :mrgreen:
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#23  Postby angelo » Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Boadacia! wrote:Give them another 300 years and they'll have token veils, with a packet of baloons in 'AliWorths, on the main streets in Bagdad and Kabul.' It's just a matter of time, alike all religions some take longer for the masses to become educated, and realise how ridiculous it all is. We're just on the dawn of enlightenment, and even if the Taliban philosophy became worldwide policy, human nature is far stronger, and eventually religions cannot stop progress, no matter how much they try.

I also say amen to that. But islam is still growing at an alarming rate throughout the world. Only one religion is growing faster, and that is moronism. :ask:
angelo

Name: angelo barbato
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#24  Postby katja z » Mar 19, 2010 1:26 pm

angelo wrote:
I also say amen to that. But islam is still growing at an alarming rate throughout the world. Only one religion is growing faster, and that is moronism. :ask:

Do you mean it's actually still gaining significant numbers of converts? I sort of doubt that. It's certainly spreading because of migrations so Muslims interact more with non-Muslim populations, and that (plus international politics) has made it more noticeable. :think:
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

katja z wrote:
angelo wrote:

Do you mean it's actually still gaining significant numbers of converts? I sort of doubt that. It's certainly spreading because of migrations so Muslims interact more with non-Muslim populations, and that (plus international politics) has made it more noticeable. :think:

Numbers in Europe are fairly stable. I think Africa is where islam is trying to take over and in Asia.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#26  Postby angelo » Mar 20, 2010 4:06 am

I don't mean to sound racist in any way. But muslims breed at an alarming rate. Here in Australia, they are encouraged by the social security system to do so. The more brats they have, the more money they receive. I know of some muslim families that get twice as much money than if the breadwinner was to get off their arse and find a job.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#27  Postby angelo » Mar 20, 2010 4:11 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
katja z wrote:
angelo wrote:

Numbers in Europe are fairly stable. I think Africa is where islam is trying to take over and in Asia.

Very naive thinking. Muslims are to take over the whole planet. It's right there in their koran. :what:
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam