Understanding the Violence in Islam

no true Scotsmen

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Understanding the Violence in Islam

#121  Postby Peter Brown » Sep 26, 2015 1:59 pm

9 11 and 7 7 was not about Islam or connected in any way to religion, even the violence of groups like ISIS and Boko Haram are not associated to Islam.

you are a pure genius Nicko and should get one of those doctorates by post to show the world how clever you are
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#122  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Peter Brown wrote:9 11 and 7 7 was not about Islam or connected in any way to religion, even the violence of groups like ISIS and Boko Haram are not associated to Islam.

you are a pure genius Nicko and should get one of those doctorates by post to show the world how clever you are

More inchorent rambling,failing to adress the facts presented.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#123  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Your wrong, Muslims are violent in the manner they are violent because their book tells them to be, get over it.

And so are Christians and Jews. Get over it. And get yourself an argument that doesn't reak of hypocrisy :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Nicko » Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

Peter Brown wrote:9 11 and 7 7 was not about Islam or connected in any way to religion, even the violence of groups like ISIS and Boko Haram are not associated to Islam.

Not what I, nor anyone in this thread, have argued.

Peter Brown wrote:you are a pure genius Nicko and should get one of those doctorates by post to show the world how clever you are

Given that after participating in multiple threads on Islam, you are still apparently incapable of actually understanding what those who disagree with your juvenile analysis and oppose your counterproductive proposals are even saying - never mind refuting them - you would seem to be in a very poor position to make sarcastic remarks about the intelligence of others.

You would also seem - given this persistent inability to glean meaning from the words of others - to be in an equally poor position to speak with any kind of authority about what Muslims do or do not believe.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#125  Postby Peter Brown » Sep 27, 2015 11:28 am

Given that I'm the one posting the clip or news and you dog pile in with extremist views that are born in leftist apologetics to refute the religion and what its holy books teaches.

I don't post nearly a fraction of violent Islamic videos I have access too, they are far too graphic and bloody for here. You know its true as I've given a lead to someone who does for those who want to hunt them out at their own risk https://twitter.com/IHWCo

Post videos on Islam not being behind the violence if you think you have a valid opinion. Until then your just talking SJW bullshit.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#126  Postby quas » Sep 27, 2015 11:36 am

Peter Brown, please do not post gore links here.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#127  Postby Nicko » Sep 27, 2015 11:49 am

Peter Brown wrote:I don't post nearly a fraction of violent Islamic videos I have access too, they are far too graphic and bloody for here.

The fact that you think that such videos might help your case merely illustrates how blissfully unaware you remain about what the people disagreeing with you are actually saying.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 27, 2015 1:31 pm

:this:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#129  Postby Peter Brown » Sep 27, 2015 2:06 pm

:this: = nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#130  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Peter Brown wrote::this: = nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology

Keep ranting and racing if you must Peter Brown, but your bigotry is plain to see for anyone who reads this thread.
I already provided multiple facts, arguments and citations that refute your ignorant assertions, as have others.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#131  Postby Peter Brown » Sep 27, 2015 3:00 pm

:this: = nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology... so double down with more nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#132  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Peter Brown wrote::this: = nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology... so double down with more nothing to say, nothing to cite, nothing by hollow ideology

QED.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Peter Brown » Sep 27, 2015 3:45 pm

but your bigotry is plain to see

because it is quotations from the Qur'an made by an ex Muslim turned Christian, and you can't quote the Qur'an in Thomas Eshuis world, this would be so racist and so gross and now so bigoted
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#134  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks for showing everyone, once again, that you have no idea what anyone is saying :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
but your bigotry is plain to see

because it is quotations from the Qur'an made by an ex Muslim turned Christian, and you can't quote the Qur'an in Thomas Eshuis world, this would be so racist and so gross and now so bigoted

QED.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#136  Postby quas » Sep 29, 2015 2:13 am

Nicko, your links only study suicide bombings up to 2009, where suicide bombings are mostly carried out by locals fighting against foreign occupation. That's getting less and less relevant these days, with the rising phenonemon of transnational suicide bombers (or non-suiciding combatants). For example, the book cited in your link (published in 2009) states that transnational suicide bombing is a "black swan" phenomenon. These days though, we get more and more report of young adults travelling halfway across the globe to join ISIS. In today's world, it's becoming somewhat dishonest to still maintain that suicide bombing and/or terrorism is about foreign occupation.
quas

Print view this post

#137  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 29, 2015 5:08 am

quas wrote:

Nicko, your links only study suicide bombings up to 2009, where suicide bombings are mostly carried out by locals fighting against foreign occupation. That's getting less and less relevant these days, with the rising phenonemon of transnational suicide bombers (or non-suiciding combatants). For example, the book cited in your link (published in 2009) states that transnational suicide bombing is a "black swan" phenomenon. These days though, we get more and more report of young adults travelling halfway across the globe to join ISIS. In today's world, it's becoming somewhat dishonest to still maintain that suicide bombing and/or terrorism is about foreign occupation.

Not really, you haven't established that the people joining ISIS do it, purely for religious reasons and not because of their socio-economic situation.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#138  Postby quas » Sep 29, 2015 5:52 am

Really, this is starting to get more than somewhat dishonest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihadi_John
quas

Print view this post

#139  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 29, 2015 5:56 am

quas wrote:Really, this is starting to get more than somewhat dishonest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihadi_John

You clearly do not know the meaning of the word.
And your appeal to anecdote fallacy proves exactly nothing.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#140  Postby quas » Sep 29, 2015 6:53 am

It's okay, I had not expected honesty.
quas

Print view this post