11 Dallas Officers Shot, 3 Dead in Shooting as Protest Ended

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: 11 Dallas Officers Shot, 3 Dead in Shooting as Protest Ended

#81  Postby Thommo » Jul 09, 2016 6:09 am

Typical attempts to develop knockout gas have been hampered because of the speed of diffusion, the speed of action on the human system and the tendency for the gas to have profound and often lethal side effects.

There's been no real success in creating something that is fast enough acting to be tactically viable, yet doesn't end up simply killing everyone in the vicinity (or maiming them horribly). Since gas will then continue to diffuse and act on civilians in adjacent areas the potential benefits relative to use of flashbangs and lethal methods have (as far as I'm aware) been rejected by those in charge of military or armed response type units.

The only incident I've ever heard of where "knockout gas" was "successfully" used (and not in grenade form, I believe) was in the Moscow Theatre siege in 2002 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_th ... cal_attack where it had significant side effects (it killed over 100 hostages I believe).

From a tactical point of view such invention would likely have little benefit in the long term anyway, as it would be defeated by the simple use of a gas mask - something that is certainly no harder to obtain than the bullet resistant body armour and high grade firearms individuals such as this one had access to.
Thommo

Print view this post

#82  Postby tuco » Jul 09, 2016 6:18 am

I see though I disagree with "little benefit". If robots are to be used more often in future, in order to protect law enforcement, there probably will be good amount of situations when suspects will not have a gas mask. I find it curious that with current tech there is no tranquillising grenade. Dead suspect does not talk.
tuco

Print view this post

#83  Postby Warren Dew » Jul 09, 2016 6:25 am

tuco wrote:I see though I disagree with "little benefit". If robots are to be used more often in future, in order to protect law enforcement, there probably will be good amount of situations when suspects will not have a gas mask. I find it curious that with current tech there is no tranquillising grenade. Dead suspect does not talk.

This particular suspect had already done his talking. It may seem harsh, but I don't really see that special measures were necessary to keep him alive. It wasn't as if he was protesting his innocence and there was a chance he was the wrong person.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#84  Postby tuco » Jul 09, 2016 6:33 am

Though authorities said they're sure Johnson was the only shooter, they don't know if he had accomplices.
"I'm not going to be satisfied until we've turned over every stone," Brown said. "We've got some level that this one suspect did do some of the shooting. But we're not satisfied that we've exhausted every lead," he said. "So if there's someone out there who's associated with this, we will find you, we will prosecute you, and we will bring you to justice."
The Dallas police chief told reporters it's too soon to speculate on the suspect's motives, and it's unclear whether more suspects are on the loose.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/ph ... index.html

----

This case aside, I would think its always preferable to be able to question, thus keep alive, suspect for various reasons.
tuco

Print view this post

#85  Postby Oldskeptic » Jul 09, 2016 6:49 am

Willie71 wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Willie71 wrote:
I'll take this on. It's fucking bullshit. When a group oppresses people, they either turn to learned helplessness, or they fight back. I don't agree with shooting anyone, or the second Ammendment. No individual deserves to be executed like this, but it's completely understandable psychologically as to why it happens. It's even predictable.

Very predictable when the "discourse" includes accusations of rampant murder and assassinations by the racist police, that's why I said I've been expecting something like this. Psychologically understandable? Maybe in a text book way, but as someone who's training and job involves diagnosing and determining the mental health needs of communities would you recommend listening to or participating in continual hate speech against another group as part of your therapy? And being that violent reactions are to be expected, even predictable, do you condone figureheads and "community" leaders using inflammatory rhetoric against an entire group of over a million people?

What psychological term might you use for someone calling for calm and peace while at the same time using terms such "racists" and "murderers" to cover millions of people that have nothing to do with isolated incidents of violence.

What psychological term might you use for someone that can't or simply refuses to discriminate between the case of a violent career criminal with a gun he's barred by law from owning being shot while resisting arrest and a generally law abiding genuinely nice guy apparently shot for no good reason?

Is there a psychological term for someone that, no matter what the circumstances, automatically and instantly begins shouting, "Murder," or "Assassination," or "Execution," and "Racism" solely based on the race of the person killed.

If someone were convicted of murder simply because they were black, people like Al Sharpton, Black Lives Matter, and you and Crank would scream your fucking heads off. But that doesn't stop them from automatically and instantly convicting, in the press or on the internet, a police officer that shoots a black man.

Willie71 wrote:
Pointing out problems does not cause the problems.

It does if the problem doesn't really exist or is a small problem with some individuals but is blown up to include a whole, over a million strong, group of people honestly trying to do a difficult job.

Willie71 wrote:
This is the belief of those raised in authoritarian environments where obedience is unquestioning, like in an alcoholic family. Shoot the messenger is the norm.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you actually trying to say that unquestioning obedience is a defining characteristic of people in "alcoholic families" or people in the US? I'm so fucking glad that you weren't my family therapist when we really needed help.

Willie71 wrote:
Any reasonable person looking at the stats on police on black violence should see a problem glaring them in the face.

Yeah, a big problem but it aint with cops in general, it's a problem with the violent crime rate among young black men and the prevalence of carrying guns by young black men. Around one quarter of people killed by police are black while the black population is around 15%. Sounds like a problem until you look at statistics like this: 62 percent of robberies are committed by young men, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country are committed by young black men. By young black men I mean black men between the ages of 15 and 40.

The killings of young black men by police is a huge problem, but it is not a law enforcement problem. It's a social problem, it's an economic problem, a cultural problem maybe? Police deal with the end product of many social and economic problems that they have had little if any part in causing.

The psychological term I was looking for earlier is "dysfunctional". It's like the people in New York city being asked what their greatest fears are and them responding snakes and lions and tigers. Those are their greatest fears but they are not remotely likely to encounter those animals in the city. Their chances of being run over by a car while crossing the street dwarfs exponentially the probability of being bitten by a snake or eaten by a large predator.

It is dysfunctional for people to think that police are such a predominant threat to the lives of young black people (15 to 40) when the leading cause of death among young black people, overwhelmingly, is other young black people. Where is the same level of outrage within the "black community" and by Al Sharpton or you when a nine year old black girl is killed in a drive by shooting by other blacks?

Peggy Hubbard said it eloquently.

Willie71 wrote:
To blame the victims is racism, as it requires believing blacks are inherently more criminal and violent.

Just how did you come to that conclusion? First off to blame the victim they have to actually be a victim. Someone does not automatically become a victim because they are black. Someone fighting a police officer while going for a gun in his pocket is not a victim. They are perpetrators.

Secondly only uneducated bigoted assholes think that black people are inherently more violent or prone to crime, but it's delusional for educated assholes to think that the over representation of violence and crime in black communities isn't, at least in part, due to cultural influences existing in those communities.

Willie71 wrote:
Back it up one step and see the feedback loop where people are oppressed turning them to desperate circumstances, then blaming them for turning to those circumstances, a pattern seen throughout history.

So, you're giving a pass to the assassin/s of 5 Dallas police officers because "their people" have been oppressed by people other than those police officers?

Willie71 wrote:
OS insults others for not being as smart as him for not seeing the simplest propaganda that falls apart with little extra thinking.

No, I blame people that selectively use their smarts to justify their emotional reactions.

Willie71 wrote:
I'll say it, OS blaming blacks for their systemic plight is racism. That's what racist is.

And I'll say that Willie71 is making excuses for the murderer/s of five police officers in Dallas yesterday. It's the same kind of chickens coming home to roost rhetoric that Ward Churchill used in trying to place blame on the victims of 9/11 instead of the men that flew the planes into the Twin Towers.

Did you not read sentence #3 and #4 in my post?

I read your whole post. I responded to your whole post subject by subject, something that you seem incapable of even attempting.

Willie71 wrote:
I completely condemned the behaviour, while acknowledging what motivates the behaviour.

You didn't address incitement to violence at all. Just uttered some lame ass excuse for why it is psychologically understandable that this kind of violence happened.

Willie71 wrote:
Guess what, in forensic psychiatry, we understand why people commit crimes even though we think committing those crimes us wrong.

You're not a forensic psychiatrist so knock of the we shit. I probably understand the subject as well as you do, and if you leave out the constant drone of police in general being depicted as racist murders you don't seem to know what you're talking about at all.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#86  Postby Ven. Kwan Tam Woo » Jul 09, 2016 8:07 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:
Only because the Black Lives Matter movement has never had any legitimacy to begin with. The idea that lives of any one race are more important than lives of other races is repugnant in all its guises.

Their message is black lives 'also' matter.

No it's not.

Cucky Presidential candidate apologizes for daring to say that "all lives matter"

Black Lives Matter leader explains why ‘all lives matter’ is a racial slur

Washington Times wrote:“‘All lives matter is a new racial slur,” Marissa J. Johnson, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Seattle, said on Bret Baier’s “Voter Revolt” special.

“Black Lives Matter is not a strong enough statement for me,” Ms. Johnson added.

It is in response to the apathetic attitude towards the loss of black lives and black youth.

Horseshit. If that really were the case then they'd concentrate their energies on rallying against the black gansta "culture" which glorifies black-on-black homicidal behavior and encourages black males to be aggressively antagonistic towards the police. Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with apathetic attitudes towards black people; it is a violent hate group which uses a loud dumb victimhood narrative as a means to grab political power and concessions.
Last edited by Ven. Kwan Tam Woo on Jul 09, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within."
- Cicero

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex
Ven. Kwan Tam Woo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Ven. Kwan Tam Woo » Jul 09, 2016 8:15 am

Acetone wrote:I got called a white cis gender conforming racist male who doesn't know about "our experience".

By a rather wealthy (relative to me at least) black woman in my city. For making the points I've made in this thread on a video a friend of mine posted.

1st that's the first time I've ever been called racist I think.

Get used to it. In 2016 being a white male automatically and irreversibly makes you a racist, whether you like it or not!

2nd the fuck? How is it our experiences? This girl has Facebook photos of her travelling the world. Going on huge yaughts... Always smiling in really nice clothes... Spending time in trendy hipster areas of Toronto.

I mean shit. She gets to play equal victim to American black men on the basis of skin colour? That's fucking disgusting.

It is disgusting...but you're still a racist* white male for saying so :)

*(Pardon the redundancy)
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within."
- Cicero

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Ven. Kwan Tam Woo » Jul 09, 2016 8:29 am

crank wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Yep. No race problem in America amongst authorities at all:

https://m.mic.com/articles/148139/dalla ... .EcSmvEC9f

"3 Dallas Cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks. Real America is coming after you."

If a normal citizen tweeted this, they'd get a visit from the SS and maybe arrested for threatening POTUS

Hmm...I wonder if any of these people can expect such a visit?
- Cicero

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Byron » Jul 09, 2016 8:36 am

Acetone wrote:I got called a white cis gender conforming racist male who doesn't know about "our experience".

By a rather wealthy (relative to me at least) black woman in my city. For making the points I've made in this thread on a video a friend of mine posted.

2nd the fuck? How is it our experiences? This girl has Facebook photos of her travelling the world. Going on huge yaughts... Always smiling in really nice clothes... Spending time in trendy hipster areas of Toronto.

I mean shit. She gets to play equal victim to American black men on the basis of skin colour? That's fucking disgusting.

I copped an accusation of racism on the Baton Rouge thread: unusual here, but elsewhere, de rigueur for anyone who disputes any aspect of the BLM narrative, to the smallest degree. It has all the effect of accusing me of mansplaining. The word's thrown around so casually and recklessly its impact's been gutted.

If white people are routinely called racists for imagined slights, while being expected to suck up the most disgusting bigotry in return (because "racism" is defined as something that only white people can be guilty of), then congratulations, BLM, you'll create the thing you're railing against.
I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
Kirk, Enterprise

Ms. Lovelace © Ms. Padua, resident of 2D Goggles
Byron

Male

Print view this post

#90  Postby Ven. Kwan Tam Woo » Jul 09, 2016 8:41 am

johnbrandt wrote:I wonder if the "black lives matter" group has actually looked at crime statistics and seen who is the largest group responsible for black shooting deaths...here's a hint: it's not white cops.

Good golly Miss Molly people, he's right!
- Cicero

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Weaver » Jul 09, 2016 12:34 pm

johnbrandt wrote:Simple solution to the problem...

From now on, if police are called out to a crime or have to stop a vehicle for breaking some law, first they should ask "Is the suspect black?", and if they are, then the police should refuse to attend. That should save some black lives.

I'm sure the USA would be a crime free paradise within a fortnight.... :coffee:

I wonder if the "black lives matter" group has actually looked at crime statistics and seen who is the largest group responsible for black shooting deaths...here's a hint: it's not white cops.

That is a common denialist talking point used by very many racist organizations here in the US.

It in absolutely no fucking way negates the simple fact that blacks are much more likely, as a percentage of the population, to be killed by cops, and that ALL cops, regardless of race, when put to testing via video training or roleplay scenarios, are much more likely to use deadly force against black suspects than white suspects, even when that is the sole variable at play.

Change the fucking subject all you like, parrot racist talking points all you want - the simple fact is that way too many black Americans are being needlessly shot by cops.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Weaver wrote:
johnbrandt wrote:Simple solution to the problem...

From now on, if police are called out to a crime or have to stop a vehicle for breaking some law, first they should ask "Is the suspect black?", and if they are, then the police should refuse to attend. That should save some black lives.

I'm sure the USA would be a crime free paradise within a fortnight.... :coffee:

I wonder if the "black lives matter" group has actually looked at crime statistics and seen who is the largest group responsible for black shooting deaths...here's a hint: it's not white cops.

That is a common denialist talking point used by very many racist organizations here in the US.

It in absolutely no fucking way negates the simple fact that blacks are much more likely, as a percentage of the population, to be killed by cops, and that ALL cops, regardless of race, when put to testing via video training or roleplay scenarios, are much more likely to use deadly force against black suspects than white suspects, even when that is the sole variable at play.

Change the fucking subject all you like, parrot racist talking points all you want - the simple fact is that way too many black Americans are being needlessly shot by cops.

I like the term needlessly shot by cops. I would really like it to be used rather than murder for these cases. To me yelling murder all to often backfires when there is a borderline case. When after the evidence starts to come in we see the police might have over stepped but had reasons to think they were in danger. In those cases it can still be a needless killing, one that better training could have avoided and better equipment might have averted.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#93  Postby crank » Jul 09, 2016 12:56 pm

How much do you know of this woman? What was her youth like? Sure, there are wealthy blacks, and they get honorary 'white privilege', up to a point. The best and richest black actors don't get the same opportunities as the white ones. Same with directors. Do you think she'd be afraid to go to a lot of places black males have to fear? Maybe she spends time in Europe because there's less racism and she can afford it? Wealth can shield you from many of the effects of racism, but it's far from a perfect shield. Blacks in the US do not get equal treatment for equal wealth, and while it can be galling to have some rich person complaining about their status, that doesn't mean it's not a valid complaint.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#94  Postby crank » Jul 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
crank wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Yep. No race problem in America amongst authorities at all:

https://m.mic.com/articles/148139/dalla ... .EcSmvEC9f

"3 Dallas Cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks. Real America is coming after you."

If a normal citizen tweeted this, they'd get a visit from the SS and maybe arrested for threatening POTUS

Hmm...I wonder if any of these people can expect such a visit?

Wow, did you really think that was relevant? A great example of breathtakinginanity, and moronic lack of a clue. Try rereading my post, maybe you can glean a bit more of its meaning, focus on the last word, it's an acronym in case you didn't know.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#95  Postby crank » Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:
Only because the Black Lives Matter movement has never had any legitimacy to begin with. The idea that lives of any one race are more important than lives of other races is repugnant in all its guises.

Their message is black lives 'also' matter.

No it's not.

Cucky Presidential candidate apologizes for daring to say that "all lives matter"

Black Lives Matter leader explains why ‘all lives matter’ is a racial slur

Washington Times wrote:“‘All lives matter is a new racial slur,” Marissa J. Johnson, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Seattle, said on Bret Baier’s “Voter Revolt” special.

“Black Lives Matter is not a strong enough statement for me,” Ms. Johnson added.

It is in response to the apathetic attitude towards the loss of black lives and black youth.

Horseshit. If that really were the case then they'd concentrate their energies on rallying against the black gansta "culture" which glorifies black-on-black homicidal behavior and encourages black males to be aggressively antagonistic towards the police. Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with apathetic attitudes towards black people; it is a violent hate group which uses a loud dumb victimhood narrative as a means to grab political power and concessions.

More of the same despicable racists BS you'll find on FauxNews and most RW media, RW pols, and racist web sites. To think this is to deny the facts, it asserts racism isn't much of a problem in the US, that the socioeconomic standing of blacks here is due to their culture. To assert this kind of BS so adamantly shows how proud you are to be seen as an ignorant, racist fool.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#96  Postby LucidFlight » Jul 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Thought this was amusing, from Imgur:

"No Lives Matter."

http://imgur.com/gallery/jOKjQAz
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Acetone » Jul 09, 2016 2:41 pm

Byron wrote:

I copped an accusation of racism on the Baton Rouge thread: unusual here, but elsewhere, de rigueur for anyone who disputes any aspect of the BLM narrative, to the smallest degree. It has all the effect of accusing me of mansplaining. The word's thrown around so casually and recklessly its impact's been gutted.

If white people are routinely called racists for imagined slights, while being expected to suck up the most disgusting bigotry in return (because "racism" is defined as something that only white people can be guilty of), then congratulations, BLM, you'll create the thing you're railing against.

Sorry, I meant to post this in the Baton Rouge shooting thread. I don't know why I thought this was it.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Willie71 » Jul 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Oldskeptic wrote:
Willie71 wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Willie71 wrote:
I'll take this on. It's fucking bullshit. When a group oppresses people, they either turn to learned helplessness, or they fight back. I don't agree with shooting anyone, or the second Ammendment. No individual deserves to be executed like this, but it's completely understandable psychologically as to why it happens. It's even predictable.

Very predictable when the "discourse" includes accusations of rampant murder and assassinations by the racist police, that's why I said I've been expecting something like this. Psychologically understandable? Maybe in a text book way, but as someone who's training and job involves diagnosing and determining the mental health needs of communities would you recommend listening to or participating in continual hate speech against another group as part of your therapy? And being that violent reactions are to be expected, even predictable, do you condone figureheads and "community" leaders using inflammatory rhetoric against an entire group of over a million people?

What psychological term might you use for someone calling for calm and peace while at the same time using terms such "racists" and "murderers" to cover millions of people that have nothing to do with isolated incidents of violence.

What psychological term might you use for someone that can't or simply refuses to discriminate between the case of a violent career criminal with a gun he's barred by law from owning being shot while resisting arrest and a generally law abiding genuinely nice guy apparently shot for no good reason?

Is there a psychological term for someone that, no matter what the circumstances, automatically and instantly begins shouting, "Murder," or "Assassination," or "Execution," and "Racism" solely based on the race of the person killed.

If someone were convicted of murder simply because they were black, people like Al Sharpton, Black Lives Matter, and you and Crank would scream your fucking heads off. But that doesn't stop them from automatically and instantly convicting, in the press or on the internet, a police officer that shoots a black man.

Willie71 wrote:
Pointing out problems does not cause the problems.

It does if the problem doesn't really exist or is a small problem with some individuals but is blown up to include a whole, over a million strong, group of people honestly trying to do a difficult job.

Willie71 wrote:
This is the belief of those raised in authoritarian environments where obedience is unquestioning, like in an alcoholic family. Shoot the messenger is the norm.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you actually trying to say that unquestioning obedience is a defining characteristic of people in "alcoholic families" or people in the US? I'm so fucking glad that you weren't my family therapist when we really needed help.

Willie71 wrote:
Any reasonable person looking at the stats on police on black violence should see a problem glaring them in the face.

Yeah, a big problem but it aint with cops in general, it's a problem with the violent crime rate among young black men and the prevalence of carrying guns by young black men. Around one quarter of people killed by police are black while the black population is around 15%. Sounds like a problem until you look at statistics like this: 62 percent of robberies are committed by young men, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country are committed by young black men. By young black men I mean black men between the ages of 15 and 40.

The killings of young black men by police is a huge problem, but it is not a law enforcement problem. It's a social problem, it's an economic problem, a cultural problem maybe? Police deal with the end product of many social and economic problems that they have had little if any part in causing.

The psychological term I was looking for earlier is "dysfunctional". It's like the people in New York city being asked what their greatest fears are and them responding snakes and lions and tigers. Those are their greatest fears but they are not remotely likely to encounter those animals in the city. Their chances of being run over by a car while crossing the street dwarfs exponentially the probability of being bitten by a snake or eaten by a large predator.

It is dysfunctional for people to think that police are such a predominant threat to the lives of young black people (15 to 40) when the leading cause of death among young black people, overwhelmingly, is other young black people. Where is the same level of outrage within the "black community" and by Al Sharpton or you when a nine year old black girl is killed in a drive by shooting by other blacks?

Peggy Hubbard said it eloquently.

Willie71 wrote:
To blame the victims is racism, as it requires believing blacks are inherently more criminal and violent.

Just how did you come to that conclusion? First off to blame the victim they have to actually be a victim. Someone does not automatically become a victim because they are black. Someone fighting a police officer while going for a gun in his pocket is not a victim. They are perpetrators.

Secondly only uneducated bigoted assholes think that black people are inherently more violent or prone to crime, but it's delusional for educated assholes to think that the over representation of violence and crime in black communities isn't, at least in part, due to cultural influences existing in those communities.

Willie71 wrote:
Back it up one step and see the feedback loop where people are oppressed turning them to desperate circumstances, then blaming them for turning to those circumstances, a pattern seen throughout history.

So, you're giving a pass to the assassin/s of 5 Dallas police officers because "their people" have been oppressed by people other than those police officers?

Willie71 wrote:
OS insults others for not being as smart as him for not seeing the simplest propaganda that falls apart with little extra thinking.

No, I blame people that selectively use their smarts to justify their emotional reactions.

Willie71 wrote:
I'll say it, OS blaming blacks for their systemic plight is racism. That's what racist is.

And I'll say that Willie71 is making excuses for the murderer/s of five police officers in Dallas yesterday. It's the same kind of chickens coming home to roost rhetoric that Ward Churchill used in trying to place blame on the victims of 9/11 instead of the men that flew the planes into the Twin Towers.

Did you not read sentence #3 and #4 in my post?

I read your whole post. I responded to your whole post subject by subject, something that you seem incapable of even attempting.

Willie71 wrote:
I completely condemned the behaviour, while acknowledging what motivates the behaviour.

You didn't address incitement to violence at all. Just uttered some lame ass excuse for why it is psychologically understandable that this kind of violence happened.

Willie71 wrote:
Guess what, in forensic psychiatry, we understand why people commit crimes even though we think committing those crimes us wrong.

You're not a forensic psychiatrist so knock of the we shit. I probably understand the subject as well as you do, and if you leave out the constant drone of police in general being depicted as racist murders you don't seem to know what you're talking about at all.

I worked in forensic psychiatry for the majority of my career. I'm now in private practise. I have been involved in research projects, program development, have testified in court numerous times, and have provided hundreds of risk assessments and reports to court, and am well versed in the literature base in the field. You can fuck right off on being my equal in this field. So yes, I am qualified to comment on what my field knows. If you had a rudimentary understanding of the field, you would know that.

I didn't address incitement of violence because it isn't incitement of violence. Maybe look up what that term means. Saying p,ease stop killing unarmed black people isn't incitement of violence.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#99  Postby The_Metatron » Jul 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Weaver wrote:Tranquilizing grenades? What bad Hollywood movie did you get that bullshit from? There is no such thing as a tranquilizing grenade.

Bollocks.

Bang!

Out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#100  Postby laklak » Jul 09, 2016 3:13 pm

It's useless looking at population percentages, you need to look at who the police interact with.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs