AmeriKKKa

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: AmeriKKKa

#181  Postby The_Piper » Jul 29, 2023 1:54 am

It's surreal. Trump is not even remotely the only surreal thing about the past several, or dozen years of politics. That they feel they can do this shit right out in the open now on primetime cable is fucking surreal. If the Democratic party weren't so meek, this shit would've been laughed out of politics years ago. It's 2023, not 1863. :crazy:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#182  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jul 29, 2023 11:36 am

Good grief - check out the useful idiot (Dr. William Allen). How do you manufacture people like that?
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#183  Postby The_Piper » Jul 29, 2023 2:27 pm

I'm guessing money, plus a dose of random spite for his fellow humans. I hate people who lie for money, with consequences that are so bad.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#184  Postby Seabass » Jul 29, 2023 7:15 pm

I mistakenly assumed that the guy in the interview was just some pundit Fox found to defend Florida's batshit new history curriculum, but he's apparently one of the members of the African American History Standards Workgroup that created it.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/education/2023/07/25/william-b-allen-florida-black-history-curriculum-denounces-critics-kamala-harris/70461016007/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-florida-standards-teach-black-people-benefited-slavery-taught-usef-rcna95418

Here's a member of the African American History Task Force that approved the new curriculum:

Five of the six new appointees are either directly affiliated with the Republican Party or have previously been appointed to positions by Governor Ron DeSantis.

The sixth, State Representative Kimberly Daniels’ (D-Jacksonville), is facing renewed criticism over comments made during a sermon back in 2008.

“I thank God for slavery. I thank God for the crack house. If it weren’t for the crack house, God wouldn’t have never been able to use me how he can use me now and if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshiping a tree,” Daniels said during the sermon delivered at Solid Rock Church in Monroe, Ohio.

Daniels previously defended her statements in an interview with Action News Jax during her run for office in 2011.

“If slavery wouldn’t have happened, it was an awful thing, I wouldn’t be living in the greatest country in the land today,” Daniels said in the 2011 interview.

https://news.yahoo.com/thank-god-slavery-florida-african-215036843.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#185  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 30, 2023 1:39 pm

And not only are the wannabee bedsheet wearers trying to rewrite history (and recruit useful idiots to aid them in this), we also have that nasty little song that's been making all the white Christian Nationalists jizz in their incontinence pants ...the one that even other people here on the European side of the Atlantic recognise is a blatant homage to the homicidal bigotry endemic to Sundowner Towns. Won't take the diligent long to track that particular floater in the toilet bowl of discourse.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#186  Postby The_Piper » Jul 30, 2023 2:34 pm

Calilasseia wrote:And not only are the wannabee bedsheet wearers trying to rewrite history (and recruit useful idiots to aid them in this), we also have that nasty little song that's been making all the white Christian Nationalists jizz in their incontinence pants ...the one that even other people here on the European side of the Atlantic recognise is a blatant homage to the homicidal bigotry endemic to Sundowner Towns. Won't take the diligent long to track that particular floater in the toilet bowl of discourse.

:lol: What song is that?
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#187  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm

The_Piper wrote:

I've seen more piss-takes out of the song than the song itself:

None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#188  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 31, 2023 1:34 pm

Meanwhile ... just how much fucking lower can these people sink?

Yes, they're now suggesting that the Holocaust was "good" for the Jews who survived it.. Just let that sink in for a moment.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#189  Postby The_Piper » Jul 31, 2023 6:38 pm

Tortured_Genius wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

Eek. I had to restart the song twice because I forgot to pay attention after about a minute. :lol: The stand up is funny.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#190  Postby Seabass » Aug 14, 2023 7:27 am

https://magnoliatribune.com/2023/08/10/the-goon-squad-torture-of-eddie-parker-michael-jenkins-cries-out-for-uncomfortable-reckoning/

The ‘Goon Squad’ torture of Eddie Parker & Michael Jenkins cries out for uncomfortable reckoning

On January 24th, six armed intruders broke into a house in Braxton, Mississippi. Once inside, they found two Black men, Eddie Terrell Parker and Michael Corey Jenkins. The intruders brandished guns. A shot was fired into a wall of the home to intimidate Parker and Jenkins into submission.

The men were handcuffed, beaten, and brutalized. Racial slurs like “nigger” and “monkey” and “boy” were allegedly volleyed by their tormentors. Jenkins and Parker were told to leave Rankin County, to go back to Jackson or “their side of the Pearl River.”

A dildo was mounted on the end of a BB gun and forced into Parker’s mouth. One of the assailants threatened to sodomize the men with the sex toy. He only stopped when he grabbed the back of Jenkins’ pants and realized his victim had defecated himself.

Parker and Jenkins were then subjected to a series of additional humiliations. Milk, chocolate syrup, alcohol, and cooking oil were poured over their heads and into their mouths. Eggs were hurled at the men. They were then forced to strip naked and shower together.

The intruders robbed the home. They took turns tasing Parker and Jenkins to see who owned the strongest taser. The tasers used were discharged seventeen times during this cruel ‘game.’

A gun was shoved into Jenkins mouth. He was inadvertently shot. The bullet sliced through his tongue, shattered his jaw, and exited out of his neck.

Jenkins laid bleeding out on the floor while the criminals planned their getaway. Fortunately, he survived.

What appears above is not the dramatized plot of a John Grisham novel set in the segregated 1960s South, though it may seem that way at first blush.

These are the facts contained in a criminal information filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against five officers of the Rankin County Sheriff’s Office (RCSO) and one officer with the Richland Police Department (RPD), set in the year 2023.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#191  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 14, 2023 11:00 am

Tortured_Genius wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

NPR did an excellent background article on that song:

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/22/11889089 ... wn-vs-city
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#192  Postby Calilasseia » Aug 15, 2023 9:08 am

Seabass wrote:https://magnoliatribune.com/2023/08/10/the-goon-squad-torture-of-eddie-parker-michael-jenkins-cries-out-for-uncomfortable-reckoning/

The ‘Goon Squad’ torture of Eddie Parker & Michael Jenkins cries out for uncomfortable reckoning

On January 24th, six armed intruders broke into a house in Braxton, Mississippi. Once inside, they found two Black men, Eddie Terrell Parker and Michael Corey Jenkins. The intruders brandished guns. A shot was fired into a wall of the home to intimidate Parker and Jenkins into submission.

The men were handcuffed, beaten, and brutalized. Racial slurs like “nigger” and “monkey” and “boy” were allegedly volleyed by their tormentors. Jenkins and Parker were told to leave Rankin County, to go back to Jackson or “their side of the Pearl River.”

A dildo was mounted on the end of a BB gun and forced into Parker’s mouth. One of the assailants threatened to sodomize the men with the sex toy. He only stopped when he grabbed the back of Jenkins’ pants and realized his victim had defecated himself.

Parker and Jenkins were then subjected to a series of additional humiliations. Milk, chocolate syrup, alcohol, and cooking oil were poured over their heads and into their mouths. Eggs were hurled at the men. They were then forced to strip naked and shower together.

The intruders robbed the home. They took turns tasing Parker and Jenkins to see who owned the strongest taser. The tasers used were discharged seventeen times during this cruel ‘game.’

A gun was shoved into Jenkins mouth. He was inadvertently shot. The bullet sliced through his tongue, shattered his jaw, and exited out of his neck.

Jenkins laid bleeding out on the floor while the criminals planned their getaway. Fortunately, he survived.

What appears above is not the dramatized plot of a John Grisham novel set in the segregated 1960s South, though it may seem that way at first blush.

These are the facts contained in a criminal information filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against five officers of the Rankin County Sheriff’s Office (RCSO) and one officer with the Richland Police Department (RPD), set in the year 2023.

This fulminating level of obscenity was made possible, of course, by the Orange Scrotum making a revival of Klan level racism a tool for clinging to power, one eagerly seized subsequently by the Christian Nationalist rabble.

The perpetrators should be made an example of. I'd also arrange for them to spend their prison time in a jail with a large contingent of African-American inmates. Let them experience the same terror they subjected their victims to.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#193  Postby Seabass » Aug 27, 2023 5:32 pm

Gunman kills three, himself in racially motivated shooting, Jacksonville sheriff says
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mayor-number-fatalities-jacksonville-florida-shooting-media-2023-08-26/

Jacksonville shooting is the latest incident of fatal violence driven by racist hatred
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/jacksonville-shooting-latest-spasm-violence-driven-racist-hatred-rcna102017

The Jacksonville Killer Wanted Everyone to Know His Message of Hate
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/jacksonville-killer-wanted-everyone-know-his-message-hate/675155/

Seabass

Print view this post

#194  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 28, 2023 1:19 pm

Seabass wrote:Gunman kills three, himself in racially motivated shooting, Jacksonville sheriff says
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mayor-number-fatalities-jacksonville-florida-shooting-media-2023-08-26/

Jacksonville shooting is the latest incident of fatal violence driven by racist hatred
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/jacksonville-shooting-latest-spasm-violence-driven-racist-hatred-rcna102017

The Jacksonville Killer Wanted Everyone to Know His Message of Hate
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/jacksonville-killer-wanted-everyone-know-his-message-hate/675155/

That Jacksonville sheriff ran to the FBI for help with this hate crime.

He’s a republican. The same party that wants to defund the FBI.

Until there are bodies.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#195  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66654134

Canada has issued a new travel warning to its LGBT citizens planning to visit the United States.

Anti-LGBT protests in the US rose 30-fold last year compared with 2017, while legal moves to restrict LGBT rights are on the rise.

Global Affairs Canada warned that some state laws may affect them on their travels, but did not specify where.

Such warnings are usually reserved for countries such as Uganda, Russia or Egypt.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#196  Postby Alan C » Aug 30, 2023 10:03 am

Those shithole countries eh?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#197  Postby Seabass » Sep 02, 2023 12:36 am

'Are you going to shoot me?’ Woman asks before police fatally shot her

Seabass

Print view this post

#198  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 10, 2023 5:05 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66758436

A Philadelphia police officer has been charged with murder after footage showed him fatally shooting a 27-year-old motorist in his car last month.

Eddie Irizarry was killed while sitting in the driver's seat of his vehicle holding a knife, say prosecutors.

The union representing Philadelphia police officers asked people "to reserve judgment until all the evidence is presented during trial".

This is the kind of tone-deaf response you hear from people who have power - perhaps preach that word to your officers, eh?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#199  Postby Alan C » Sep 11, 2023 8:17 am

It occurred to me today that gobshites who bleat on with 'white genocide' tropes are likely to also be apologists for Putler's genocidal assault on Ukraine, wittingly or otherwise.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#200  Postby The_Piper » Oct 02, 2023 8:32 pm

This young man in Philadelphia was shot and killed in his home in the middle of the night. The article didn't provide a motive, but there's a clue: "Kruger was openly queer, according to the district attorney, and often wrote about LGBTQ+ topics, as well as drug abuse and homelessness."

The Republican politicians and officials who have been bleating on about gay people being groomers, have blood on their hands. I'm sort of jumping to conclusions suspecting it's a hate crime. But c'mon, it's Amerikkka. Fucking scumbags.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/philadelphia-journalist-shot-killed-home-arrests-made/story?id=103665498
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs