Donald Trump for President!

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Donald Trump for President!

#2361  Postby crank » Jul 25, 2016 7:36 pm

laklak wrote:I think it's the WikiLeaks, and she'll get a post-convention bump. Whether that holds or not is anybody's guess. I've given up trying to forecast anything about this election, it's like living in an alternate universe. Trump? Clinton? Jesus we're fucked proper. I have GOT to get the fucking boat finished before November, might need to head South of the border quickly.

It's no hard at all to forecast this election, it's going to end badly.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2362  Postby Macdoc » Jul 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Canuckistan welcomes all....no guns tho Laklak :evilgrin:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2363  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Jul 25, 2016 9:05 pm

laklak wrote:I think it's the WikiLeaks, and she'll get a post-convention bump. Whether that holds or not is anybody's guess. I've given up trying to forecast anything about this election, it's like living in an alternate universe. Trump? Clinton? Jesus we're fucked proper. I have GOT to get the fucking boat finished before November, might need to head South of the border quickly.

Amazingly, Clinton hired Debbie Wasserman Schultz right away for her own campaign. Does he have no shame? What kind of signal is Clinton sending by hiring that woman right after she was forced to resign?
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#2364  Postby Willie71 » Jul 25, 2016 9:36 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:

Amazingly, Clinton hired Debbie Wasserman Schultz right away for her own campaign. Does he have no shame? What kind of signal is Clinton sending by hiring that woman right after she was forced to resign?

The signal is that the peons are too stupid to know its a coronation, and she is going to be queen of the world anyway. :ill:
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2365  Postby Willie71 » Jul 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Macdoc wrote:Canuckistan welcomes all....no guns tho Laklak :evilgrin:

The anti immigration guys should stay and fight, though. Not sure if that's Laklak or not, so not intended to be about him. I'm ready to start up an anti American immigration group, with a test based on the views on Syrian refugees. :coffee:
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2366  Postby willhud9 » Jul 25, 2016 10:59 pm

crank wrote:
willhud9 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/politics/peter-thiel-gay-republican-national-convention/

I mean there are gay Republicans.

And as I said before I identify as a Republican. I reject the party's platform, but I still actively write my state's party conventions and the national convention about why, my voice as a registered Republican also deserves to be heard and represented in my party.

I think this explains a lot. The ability for someone in the LGBT community to rationalize remaining in the GOP is a greater achievement than if they were christian. For any halfway decent person to stay in this GOP is an amazing act of rationalization. And an embrace of delusion and hate, because these are at the core of what it means to be republican now.

uh no, your generalization is false. Sorry.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2367  Postby proudfootz » Jul 26, 2016 3:22 am

With a little luck and a lot of hard work, we can hope to avert that eventuality. :thumbup:
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2368  Postby Animavore » Jul 26, 2016 6:14 am

I guess it's to be expected from a guy who has some sexual assault and rape allegations of his own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/24/donald-trump-defends-roger-ailes-casts-suspicion-on-his-accusers/

Donald Trump this weekend defended longtime friend Roger Ailes, the ousted chief executive of Fox News who is accused of sexually harassing at least two dozen women. Trump also questioned the motives of some of the women.

"I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them, and even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him. And now, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him," Trump said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" on Saturday evening. "It's very sad because he's a very good person. I've always found him to be just a very, very good person. And, by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he's done. So I feel very badly."

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2369  Postby crank » Jul 26, 2016 6:28 am

willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:
willhud9 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/politics/peter-thiel-gay-republican-national-convention/

And as I said before I identify as a Republican. I reject the party's platform, but I still actively write my state's party conventions and the national convention about why, my voice as a registered Republican also deserves to be heard and represented in my party.

I think this explains a lot. The ability for someone in the LGBT community to rationalize remaining in the GOP is a greater achievement than if they were christian. For any halfway decent person to stay in this GOP is an amazing act of rationalization. And an embrace of delusion and hate, because these are at the core of what it means to be republican now.

No, it's not a generalization, it's my opinion. Why don't you enlighten us about what makes the GOP your choice of party? If you go into all the classic conservative issues from about 1980 and before, I hate to break it to you, but that isn't the GOP, not any more, not by a long shot.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2370  Postby willhud9 » Jul 26, 2016 2:00 pm

crank wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:

No, it's not a generalization, it's my opinion. Why don't you enlighten us about what makes the GOP your choice of party? If you go into all the classic conservative issues from about 1980 and before, I hate to break it to you, but that isn't the GOP, not any more, not by a long shot.

Tell me why Bernie Sanders would run as a democrat if the Democratic Party is no longer progressive? :ask:

Just because a party shifts a certain way does not mean each individual member of said party has to adopt the new platform. I am a liberal Republican and once the tea party implodes on itself it will be fellow liberal Republicans like myself who will rebuild the party.

You see I actually take an active role in my political community. I am constantly writing city hall, my state representatives and my federal representatives. I submit amicus briefs to court cases which may affect my civil liberties, and overall I feel involved.

So yes I value the ideals of limited government, responsible fiscal policy, accountable welfare, but I also support civil liberties, easing racial tensions, etc. I also support gun rights, and I am pro-life, although that's a personal view and I don't believe in enforcing that view through legislation. The modern GOP has become hijacked by tea-party insurgents and grumpy old white men. I know that is not the best the GOP has to offer and therefore I constantly write to Virginias Republican Party expressing my dissenting views and why, all based on core ideology of what the GOP should stand for.

Now you and others may roll your eyes or sneer, and too be completely honest I don't give a damn. I am a Republican, I believe that my party needs to realign itself.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2371  Postby laklak » Jul 26, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm all about immigration, even brought in an African bar-order bride (you have to meet them in a bar because the postal service doesn't work). Key is "legal", though.

We will be up Canada way at some point in the relatively near future (a couple of years, probably), when we do the Great Loop. There are places where you can drop your guns off on the U.S. side before crossing into Canadian waters, and they ship them to Chicago or wherever you're going to cross back over. Just need to decide on the Erie Canal or the St. Lawrence.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#2372  Postby Teague » Jul 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Until the next thing leaks about her like keeps on happening. Face it, she's so full of shit and up the arsehole of the establishment and herself and obviously doesn't give a shit about the people, all that's needed is for more and more shit to come out about her and there's so much of it. It doesn't stop and it shows her for the utter asshole that she is.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2373  Postby Teague » Jul 26, 2016 3:13 pm

willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:

Tell me why Bernie Sanders would run as a democrat if the Democratic Party is no longer progressive? :ask:

Just because a party shifts a certain way does not mean each individual member of said party has to adopt the new platform. I am a liberal Republican and once the tea party implodes on itself it will be fellow liberal Republicans like myself who will rebuild the party.

You see I actually take an active role in my political community. I am constantly writing city hall, my state representatives and my federal representatives. I submit amicus briefs to court cases which may affect my civil liberties, and overall I feel involved.

So yes I value the ideals of limited government, responsible fiscal policy, accountable welfare, but I also support civil liberties, easing racial tensions, etc. I also support gun rights, and I am pro-life, although that's a personal view and I don't believe in enforcing that view through legislation. The modern GOP has become hijacked by tea-party insurgents and grumpy old white men. I know that is not the best the GOP has to offer and therefore I constantly write to Virginias Republican Party expressing my dissenting views and why, all based on core ideology of what the GOP should stand for.

Now you and others may roll your eyes or sneer, and too be completely honest I don't give a damn. I am a Republican, I believe that my party needs to realign itself.

Define "limited government" please.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2374  Postby crank » Jul 26, 2016 3:14 pm

willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
crank wrote:

I don't have a clue what the Sanders bit means or why it should interest me in some way. I'm pretty much aligned with what you support except for the pro-life bit, but if you don't think it's a decision for the government, that's OK. My problem is I think the GOP you want is beyond saving. I could not hang a label on myself of any org that has a leadership and membership that expresses the ideas and does the things this GOP does. They've gone well beyond the pale, and long ago, for me over a decade ago.

If you feel that strongly about the party, I feel sorry for you, it's not a winnable battle, at least not for a decade or more, likely much longer. Have you received anything in reply to your efforts beyond stock replies? Have any of your amicus briefs been noticed in any way, or been admitted into evidence? I've made it plain I think you have seriously flawed reasoning in many ways, it would be quite interesting to see how you fare with legal arguments.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#2375  Postby willhud9 » Jul 26, 2016 3:21 pm

To be honest Crank your opinions of my reasonings are meaningless. That is like the pot calling the kettle black.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2376  Postby Willie71 » Jul 26, 2016 4:49 pm

willhud9 wrote:To be honest Crank your opinions of my reasonings are meaningless. That is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Crank is well read, well informed from multiple sources, and you have beliefs not supported by objective evidence? That is equal?
Willie71

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2377  Postby willhud9 » Jul 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Willie71 wrote:
willhud9 wrote:To be honest Crank your opinions of my reasonings are meaningless. That is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Crank is well read, well informed from multiple sources, and you have beliefs not supported by objective evidence? That is equal?

You are going to actually have to provide substantiation for that.

As for your opinion that Crank is well read and informed well it is pretty shitty just like most of your opinions. So again pot meet kettle. :coffee:
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2378  Postby Teague » Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm

is this turning into another "prove Will wrong again" thread?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2379  Postby Briton » Jul 26, 2016 5:10 pm

willhud9 wrote:I am pro-life, although that's a personal view and I don't believe in enforcing that view through legislation.

So why not say you are pro-choice?
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2380  Postby willhud9 » Jul 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Briton wrote:
willhud9 wrote:I am pro-life, although that's a personal view and I don't believe in enforcing that view through legislation.

So why not say you are pro-choice?

Because I am not? :scratch: I am personally against abortion, and the death penalty. But when you deal with false dichotomies like pro-life and pro-choice I guess it becomes muddled. I don't know many pro-choice people who are anti-life.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post