Donald Trump for President!

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Donald Trump for President!

#2921  Postby Griz_ » Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

GT2211 wrote:Trump hired Breitbart exec to run his campaign.

Is apparently tired of reports of him being controlled and is ready to take off the gloves and be more aggressive

Can't wait

This is very good news! I was beginning to fear that he might rein it in for the stretch run. Sounds like the shit-show may get even more entertaining.
Griz_

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2922  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 17, 2016 4:37 pm

And with any luck Brietbart goes down the toilet with him.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2923  Postby Boyle » Aug 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Doubt it, not with the way Trump and Breitbart will gleefully tell the voters that if Trump loses it's because the vote was rigged or ACORN (defunct for years) stole the election for Clinton.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2924  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 17, 2016 4:51 pm

I don't think most voters are that stupid. Many certainly are, but I think outside of the wacko bigot wing of the right that got him the nomination, you won't see people falling for that.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2925  Postby Griz_ » Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Boyle wrote:Doubt it, not with the way Trump and Breitbart will gleefully tell the voters that if Trump loses it's because the vote was rigged or ACORN (defunct for years) stole the election for Clinton.

He will lose decisively in the Electoral College but with 40% or more of the popular vote - these people aren't going away.
Griz_

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2926  Postby Acetone » Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

Griz_ wrote:
Boyle wrote:Doubt it, not with the way Trump and Breitbart will gleefully tell the voters that if Trump loses it's because the vote was rigged or ACORN (defunct for years) stole the election for Clinton.

He will lose decisively in the Electoral College but with 40% or more of the popular vote - these people aren't going away.

I don't think popular vote is really thst indicative of the popular vote for him.

Being the republican candidate probably automatically secures at least 1/3 - 2/5 the popular vote lol..
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2927  Postby Boyle » Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:I don't think most voters are that stupid. Many certainly are, but I think outside of the wacko bigot wing of the right that got him the nomination, you won't see people falling for that.

The whacko bigot wing is like 15% of our country. They haven't fallen for it; they are it.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2928  Postby Griz_ » Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Acetone wrote:
Griz_ wrote:

I don't think popular vote is really thst indicative of the popular vote for him.

Being the republican candidate probably automatically secures at least 1/3 - 2/5 the popular vote lol..

I don't disagree, but my point is that they will not take defeat quietly. Obama had it easy compared to what Clinton is going to face.
Griz_

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2929  Postby Shrunk » Aug 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Oops, false alarm. We now have confirmation that there has been no shake up in the Trump campaign, on the unimpeachable authority of Katrina Pierson:

"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2930  Postby Shrunk » Aug 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Griz_ wrote:I don't disagree, but my point is that they will not take defeat quietly. Obama had it easy compared to what Clinton is going to face.

She might inherit a more workable congress, however. I'm also interested to see how the things play out between Trump supporters and the Tea Baggers who supported Cruz. The internecine fighting in the GOP might distract them from any conflict with President Clinton.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2931  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Boyle wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I don't think most voters are that stupid. Many certainly are, but I think outside of the wacko bigot wing of the right that got him the nomination, you won't see people falling for that.

The whacko bigot wing is like 15% of our country. They haven't fallen for it; they are it.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said?
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2932  Postby Animavore » Aug 17, 2016 6:02 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:And with any luck Brietbart goes down the toilet with him.

It is the toilet.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2933  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:And with any luck Brietbart goes down the toilet with him.

It is the toilet.

Somebody forgot to flush.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2934  Postby Boyle » Aug 17, 2016 6:15 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Boyle wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said?

So it is! I was still referring to why Brietbart will never die, but rise crazier and crazier.

They are being smarter about their handling of news. Stephen Bannon discovered that people (investigative journalists and big news outlets especially) like real news, not rumors, and so while he runs the crazy-pants hothouse that is Brietbart he also runs the investigative journalist tank of Government Accountability Institute.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2935  Postby Griz_ » Aug 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Griz_ wrote:I don't disagree, but my point is that they will not take defeat quietly. Obama had it easy compared to what Clinton is going to face.

She might inherit a more workable congress, however. I'm also interested to see how the things play out between Trump supporters and the Tea Baggers who supported Cruz. The internecine fighting in the GOP might distract them from any conflict with President Clinton.

Their intense hatred of Clinton could also bring them together. Not necessarily as a truly unified force but as a matter of convenience by having a common enemy. But as you stated, much will depend on the Congress and Senate as to whether Clinton will actually get anything done. Regardless, the voices of opposition will be very loud in many parts of the country and the divisions will be amplified.
Griz_

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2936  Postby Thommo » Aug 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Boyle wrote:So it is! I was still referring to why Brietbart will never die, but rise crazier and crazier.

What is dead may never die.
Thommo

Print view this post

#2937  Postby Acetone » Aug 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Griz_ wrote:
Acetone wrote:
Griz_ wrote:

I don't disagree, but my point is that they will not take defeat quietly. Obama had it easy compared to what Clinton is going to face.

Fair enough. :cheers:
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2938  Postby purplerat » Aug 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a pretty good take down of Trump's medical letter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-gunter/im-a-doctor-heres-concerning-trumps-medical-letter_b_11565838.html
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2939  Postby Acetone » Aug 17, 2016 8:23 pm

purplerat wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a pretty good take down of Trump's medical letter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-gunter/im-a-doctor-heres-concerning-trumps-medical-letter_b_11565838.html

What the fuck the doctor died in 2010!?!?!
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2940  Postby Thommo » Aug 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Acetone wrote:
purplerat wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a pretty good take down of Trump's medical letter:

What the fuck the doctor died in 2010!?!?!

Not quite. The doctor who died in 2010 was the father of the doctor who wrote the letter. His name is only relevant at all because it appears in the letterhead. This is slightly peculiar because it implies the letterhead hasn't been updated for at least that length of time (and given the age of Jacob Bornstein at death, likely a good deal longer), and is a somewhat peculiar oversight to make (similar to the typo) in a letter that is likely to receive so much public scrutiny and attention. It implies a certain inattention to detail, but it's not really all that significant.
Thommo

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs