Donald Trump for President!

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Donald Trump for President!

#3101  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 09, 2016 7:29 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3102  Postby DoctorE » Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#3103  Postby NamelessFaceless » Oct 09, 2016 9:30 pm

:rofl:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3104  Postby DoctorE » Oct 10, 2016 1:57 pm

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#3105  Postby Animavore » Oct 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Even chairs aren't safe from the Don.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3106  Postby quas » Oct 10, 2016 2:17 pm

I don't understand why everyone makes a big deal out of Trump's lewd comments. It was a private conversation. None of your business. Obama publicly makes a Special Olympics joke, nobody goes nuts. Hillary publicly makes a psychopathic joke, no one gives a shit.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#3107  Postby willhud9 » Oct 10, 2016 2:21 pm

A joke =\= admitting that he can grab woman genitalia because he's a celebrity. Sexual assault or making light comments on regards to sexual assault is not funny. So yes he deserves the amount of ridicule
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3108  Postby purplerat » Oct 10, 2016 2:26 pm

quas wrote:I don't understand why everyone makes a big deal out of Trump's lewd comments. It was a private conversation. None of your business. Obama publicly makes a Special Olympics joke, nobody goes nuts. Hillary publicly makes a psychopathic joke, no one gives a shit.

If it was a one-off comment then you're right. But it's not. In fact he's had such a problem with misogyny that the more appropriate reason to dismiss these comments is "how does this make him any worse than we already knew he was?". Where this type is effective is in forcing conservatives who've to this point tepidly supported Trump face head on the vulgarity of his misogyny. While the GOP and American right his a pretty high tolerance for treating women like shit this does seem to be a bridge too far, even for them.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3109  Postby purplerat » Oct 10, 2016 2:28 pm

willhud9 wrote:A joke =\= admitting that he can grab woman genitalia because he's a celebrity. Sexual assault or making light comments on regards to sexual assault is not funny. So yes he deserves the amount of ridicule

That's if you really think it was just a joke and not him bragging about something he actually does. I fully expect over the next few weeks a steady stream of women coming out saying he did so to them.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3110  Postby mrjonno » Oct 10, 2016 2:38 pm

purplerat wrote:
willhud9 wrote:A joke =\= admitting that he can grab woman genitalia because he's a celebrity. Sexual assault or making light comments on regards to sexual assault is not funny. So yes he deserves the amount of ridicule

That's if you really think it was just a joke and not him bragging about something he actually does. I fully expect over the next few weeks a steady stream of women coming out saying he did so to them.

A sexist lewd comment is forgiveable, I'm sure a lot if not all men have said that but I don't think 50+ year men normally make jokes about sexually assaulting people. Even as a one off and a lot of grovelling you might get away with it but its a been constant stream of shit from him

Scary thing is Trump is bound to get at least 40% of the population vote for him anyway even if it doesn't win
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3111  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Oct 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Considering a lot of women have said, yep, Trump has grabbed them, I'm not writing this off as Trump joking about sexually assaulting women. I think it's entirely possible he has and does and that this should be taken seriously.

If the man had no history of mistreatment of women and had a competent platform, y'know, I'd write this off as a joke and vote for his ass. Neither is the case.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3112  Postby Bernoulli » Oct 10, 2016 2:46 pm

quas wrote:I don't understand why everyone makes a big deal out of Trump's lewd comments. It was a private conversation. None of your business. Obama publicly makes a Special Olympics joke, nobody goes nuts. Hillary publicly makes a psychopathic joke, no one gives a shit.

It's the kind of comment you'd expect trailer trash to make. Not a person purporting to be of presidential quality.
Bernoulli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#3113  Postby purplerat » Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Bernoulli wrote:

It's the kind of comment you'd expect trailer trash to make. Not a person purporting to be of presidential quality.

This is a very stupid comment. Trump is living proof that somebody who comes from a background of extreme privilege, be highly educated, and very well off can hold these attitudes. Trying to associate it with "things trailer trash say" does a great disservice to everybody.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3114  Postby Bernoulli » Oct 10, 2016 3:16 pm

So it's not the kind of comment you'd expect trailer trash to make as opposed to a person purporting to be of presidential quality? I put it to you that your "rebuttal" is a very stupid comment lacking in the basics of logic.
Bernoulli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#3115  Postby Acetone » Oct 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Bernoulli wrote:So it's not the kind of comment you'd expect trailer trash to make as opposed to a person purporting to be of presidential quality? I put it to you that your "rebuttal" is a very stupid comment lacking in the basics of logic.

Thats not what he said.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3116  Postby Bernoulli » Oct 10, 2016 3:26 pm

But it's what I said and he declared it very stupid. If he isn't addressing what I said, then his rebuttal is a non-sequitur.
Bernoulli
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#3117  Postby purplerat » Oct 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Bernoulli wrote:So it's not the kind of comment you'd expect trailer trash to make as opposed to a person purporting to be of presidential quality? I put it to you that your "rebuttal" is a very stupid comment lacking in the basics of logic.

I don't think there's any logic or rational reasoning in associating the type of housing somebody has with whether or not they are misogynistic.

If you'd simply said it's not something you'd expect from a person of presidential quality that would be fine. What I'm taking issue with is your use of a pejorative for poor people which has absolutely nothing to do with billionaire Donald Trump.
Last edited by purplerat on Oct 10, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3118  Postby willhud9 » Oct 10, 2016 3:33 pm

I don't expect trailer trash to make any sort of comment because the term trailer trash is derogatory, stereotypical, and bullshit.

The use of the word trailer trash is just as bad as Donald Trump trying to talk about African Americans and Inner Cities synonymously.

So when you say its the kind of comment trailer trash would make you are saying people from trailer parks are not fit to be presidential quality. That is a disparaging thing to say.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3119  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Oct 10, 2016 4:42 pm

It's the kind of thing a shitty person of any class would say, be they trailer trash or nominee for POTUS.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3120  Postby Coastal » Oct 10, 2016 5:05 pm

I have to agree regarding the trailer trash comment - I knew some people who lived in trailers and they were fine people. Our best friends' parents lived in a trailer by choice.
Coastal

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs