Liberal Democrat Watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Liberal Democrat Watch

#1281  Postby mrjonno » Jul 17, 2015 9:51 am

THWOTH wrote:But that's been the position since the days of Paddy. It's a hedge that paints the party as a kind of blank slate ready to be filled in by any party prepared to pick up the chalk.

And now people realise voting Lib Dem has consequences (well maybe not any more) and the biggest consequence is whether you get a Labour or Tory government.

Now screw the system party is UKIP I'm not sure the Lib Dem's have any role unless the Labour party decides to self destruct which is a definite possibility
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1282  Postby ED209 » Jul 17, 2015 11:52 am

Twitter r.e. the 'leadership' result :

Right bald man gets comb

:lol:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1283  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 17, 2015 12:21 pm

http://www.lbc.co.uk/seven-facts-about- ... ron-113040

O

its not much of a list

half the people behind him look like undercover coppers lol
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#1284  Postby Strontium Dog » Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm

THWOTH wrote:
THWOTH wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
smudge wrote:I don't like or trust him.

Of course you don't. He's a liberal.

How is voting for a religious exemption from anti-discrimination legislation and against civil equality for LGBT people a true liberal virtue?

Is that a deafening silence

No, it's you ignoring my response:

Strontium Dog wrote:
THWOTH wrote:How is voting for a religious exemption from anti-discrimination legislation and against civil equality for LGBT people a true liberal virtue?

Who said it was? What a bizarre question.

THWOTH wrote:or just that the 'line to take' communique on this hasn't made it to your inbox yet?

You must have me confused with a Labour shill.
Liberal.

STRONTIUM'S LAW: All online discussions about British politics, irrespective of the topic, will eventually turn to the Lib Dem tuition fee pledge
Strontium Dog
Banned User

Name: Dan
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#1285  Postby chairman bill » Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:You must have me confused with a Labour shill.

No chance of that. A Tory one, maybe.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1286  Postby ED209 » Jul 17, 2015 3:47 pm

I dunno. I can't think of anybody who has done more to discredit and marginalise the yellow tory party.
Last edited by ED209 on Jul 17, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1287  Postby Strontium Dog » Jul 17, 2015 3:53 pm

chairman bill wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:You must have me confused with a Labour shill.

No chance of that. A Tory one, maybe.

I'm certainly not confused about what you are. The repeated libels against those valiant heroes protecting the hard-won liberties we enjoy in this country demonstrates it on a daily basis.
Liberal.

STRONTIUM'S LAW: All online discussions about British politics, irrespective of the topic, will eventually turn to the Lib Dem tuition fee pledge
Strontium Dog
Banned User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#1288  Postby ED209 » Jul 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah, bill!

That's you told.
ED209

Print view this post

#1289  Postby chairman bill » Jul 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:I'm certainly not confused about what you are. The repeated libels against those valiant heroes protecting the hard-won liberties we enjoy in this country demonstrates it on a daily basis.

Which libels? I'm fully supportive of Trades Unions and what they have achieved for the Working Class, and for which many have paid with their lives & liberty.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1290  Postby Strontium Dog » Jul 17, 2015 5:01 pm

Ah yes, who can forget the trade unions holding King John to account at Runnymede, or a young Bob Crow being the driving force behind the Great Reform Act of 1832.
Liberal.

Strontium Dog
Banned User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#1291  Postby chairman bill » Jul 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Oh, right. Barons as valiant heroes. Got it. You're just so liberal.
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1292  Postby mcgruff » Jul 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:Ah yes, who can forget the trade unions holding King John to account at Runnymede, or a young Bob Crow being the driving force behind the Great Reform Act of 1832.

Who can forget the romance of Nick Clegg snogging David Cameron in the rose garden and their honeymoon on safari machine-gunning the poor and the sick.
mcgruff

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1293  Postby ronmcd » Jul 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Probably the worst thing the libdems did was enable the Tories "reorganisation" of the English NHS, after even the Tory manifesto in 2010 said no top down reorganisation. I dont remember being more sad last Parliament than watching the once principled Shirley Williams credibility draining away on a performance on Question Time, long after all libdems knew exactly what was involved in the reorganisation. She insisted,Blair-like, that people should trust her and her party and they would absolutely get the bill changed. Hah. Like the bedroom tax, enabling the Tories to do something terrible, while insisting they had tempered their worst excesses. Doesn't excuse being complicit in not-the-worst-but-still-shite excesses..
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1294  Postby ronmcd » Jul 17, 2015 7:03 pm

And now you have Tim Farron who, with a complete lack of self-awareness, smears the SNP as isolationsists and the "worst and darkest things that people suspect nationalists to be in favour of".

What a fucking disgrace of a man.

What a disgrace of a former party.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1295  Postby Strontium Dog » Jul 17, 2015 7:26 pm

chairman bill wrote:Oh, right. Barons as valiant heroes. Got it. You're just so liberal.

Just pointing out that of our hard-won freedoms, trade unions are responsible for fuck all of them.

mcgruff wrote:Who can forget the romance of Nick Clegg snogging David Cameron in the rose garden and their honeymoon on safari machine-gunning the poor and the sick.

Difficult to forget something that didn't happen. Perhaps you are confusing your homoerotic fantasies with real life? Hey, if your nationalism is rooted in myth, why not everything else.

ronmcd wrote:Probably the worst thing the libdems did was enable the Tories "reorganisation" of the English NHS, after even the Tory manifesto in 2010 said no top down reorganisation. I dont remember being more sad last Parliament than watching the once principled Shirley Williams credibility draining away on a performance on Question Time, long after all libdems knew exactly what was involved in the reorganisation. She insisted,Blair-like, that people should trust her and her party and they would absolutely get the bill changed. Hah. Like the bedroom tax, enabling the Tories to do something terrible, while insisting they had tempered their worst excesses. Doesn't excuse being complicit in not-the-worst-but-still-shite excesses..

Don't hold your breath waiting for any Lib Dem to apologise for improving the NHS. Or, indeed, improving literally everything else.
Liberal.

Strontium Dog
Banned User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#1296  Postby chairman bill » Jul 17, 2015 7:29 pm

So, the SNP are making non-Scots second class citizens, deporting some, rounding others up and sending them to concentration camps. Farrow is right; SNP are in favour of those worst things we fear of nationalists. Good job he told us. Telling the truth like that, it's the liberal thing to do.
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1297  Postby chairman bill » Jul 17, 2015 7:31 pm

LibDems responsible for improving the NHS? Shome mishtake, shurely.
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1298  Postby ronmcd » Jul 17, 2015 8:23 pm

chairman bill wrote:So, the SNP are making non-Scots second class citizens, deporting some, rounding others up and sending them to concentration camps. Farrow is right; SNP are in favour of those worst things we fear of nationalists. Good job he told us. Telling the truth like that, it's the liberal thing to do.

It's all true! I can't keep up this pretense any longer! *breaks down in tears*

That Tim Farrow ;) he's like some sort of Liberal Jeremy Kyle, fighting the good fight, righting wrongs, making shit up for publicity.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1299  Postby mcgruff » Jul 18, 2015 12:51 am

Strontium Dog wrote:Perhaps you are confusing your homoerotic fantasies with real life? Hey, if your nationalism is rooted in myth, why not everything else.

We have evidence.

mcgruff

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#1300  Postby smudge » Jul 18, 2015 7:53 am

ronmcd wrote:Probably the worst thing the libdems did was enable the Tories "reorganisation" of the English NHS, after even the Tory manifesto in 2010 said no top down reorganisation. I dont remember being more sad last Parliament than watching the once principled Shirley Williams credibility draining away on a performance on Question Time, long after all libdems knew exactly what was involved in the reorganisation. She insisted,Blair-like, that people should trust her and her party and they would absolutely get the bill changed. Hah. Like the bedroom tax, enabling the Tories to do something terrible, while insisting they had tempered their worst excesses. Doesn't excuse being complicit in not-the-worst-but-still-shite excesses..

:this:

Inexcusable and inexplicably stupid.
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs