Netherlands approves plans for face-covering veil ban

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Netherlands approves plans for face-covering veil ban

#141  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:
willhud9 wrote:Except not. You can criticize the wearing of head veils all you want without being islamophobic. It is when you support a law that bans head veils for no other reason than I hate islam than it becomes not only misogynistic but islamophobic.

If you read my earlier post, you'll notice that I don't support a general ban at all.

Nice try Will. Read the proposed law will you. It is for ALL face coverings.

With your government intensely focusing on the burqa and islamic women during the discussions for whether the ban should be implemented. Nice try Scot, but your goalpost shift is irrational.

And even then people should be able to wear helmets and masks inside hospitals, schools and public transportation.

If you cannot wear the same clothes you can wear on the streets into any of those places than those places are not truly public and you have a massive issue on your hand. Private schools, hospitals, and transportation may be able to say something but public places should not have said authority.

If it is an issue of identification needed the law should allow for a brief removal of the veil/face covering to ascertain identification and then the veil should be allowed back on.

Again there has been no justifiable reason presented as to why the veil has to be removed at all times in those places.

Just a bunch of fearmongering, intolerance, bigotry, and presumptions that women are incapable of making their own choices.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#142  Postby Acetone » May 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Peter

I am afraid that certain members here seem to think that all muslims are pink and furry.

No, people here see Muslims as human beings. That includes all the good and bad that go along with being a human being and forming a society of human beings.

There are some on this forum however that see them as 'Arab-fuckheads' who shouldn't be allowed into their country. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Last edited by Acetone on May 26, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#143  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 3:59 pm

ED209 wrote:
Nicko wrote:... I largely agree with the way this law has been enacted (wear the veil if you like, just don't expect to have any interaction with a business or government department without revealing your identity). But please don't pretend that it will stop abusive sexist degenerates who formerly used force and threats to control the women in their lives from currently using force and threats to control the women in their lives.. ..

I know women who suffer verbal and even physical abuse from strangers in the street because they don't wear niqab. It would seem fair to assume that such abuse goes on much more commonly behind closed doors, too.

These restrictions will stop these instances of abuse by going some way towards normalising 'not wearing niqab', by providing good reasons to refuse to wear it beyond being an immodest harami. What well-meaning SJWs don't appreciate is that we have places where such normalisation is now necessary - but they don't have any in france, and now they won't have any in NL either.

These laws work, and I've yet to see a compelling argument against the NL law whereby people can still parade around as billboards for devout segregation and misogyny in the street if they insist, but they cannot walk into a school or metro station without being identifiable to those around them.

Citations please.

1) That this law would do what you say it will and

2) That these laws work.

:coffee:
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:04 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Matthew Shute wrote:
willhud9 wrote:Except not. You can criticize the wearing of head veils all you want without being islamophobic. It is when you support a law that bans head veils for no other reason than I hate islam than it becomes not only misogynistic but islamophobic.

If you read my earlier post, you'll notice that I don't support a general ban at all.

Nice try Will. Read the proposed law will you. It is for ALL face coverings.

With your government intensely focusing on the burqa and islamic women during the discussions for whether the ban should be implemented. Nice try Scot, but your goalpost shift is irrational.

Evidence?

And even then people should be able to wear helmets and masks inside hospitals, schools and public transportation.

If you cannot wear the same clothes you can wear on the streets into any of those places than those places are not truly public and you have a massive issue on your hand. Private schools, hospitals, and transportation may be able to say something but public places should not have said authority.

Ballox will and you know it. You go into these places for services. What is the issue?

If it is an issue of identification needed the law should allow for a brief removal of the veil/face covering to ascertain identification and then the veil should be allowed back on.

Again there has been no justifiable reason presented as to why the veil has to be removed at all times in those places.

Just a bunch of fearmongering, intolerance, bigotry, and presumptions that women are incapable of making their own choices.

No justifiable reason to be wearing it. It is not a religious matter but a cultural one and ballox to that.
What is your evidence for the last sentence? Assertions only?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#145  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Acetone wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Peter

I am afraid that certain members here seem to think that all muslims are pink and furry.

No, people here see Muslims as human beings. That includes all the good and bad that go along with being a human being and forming a society of human beings.

There are some on this forum however that see them as 'Arab-fuckheads' who shouldn't be allowed into their country. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Who and where?

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#146  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:08 pm

willhud9 wrote:
ED209 wrote:
Nicko wrote:... I largely agree with the way this law has been enacted (wear the veil if you like, just don't expect to have any interaction with a business or government department without revealing your identity). But please don't pretend that it will stop abusive sexist degenerates who formerly used force and threats to control the women in their lives from currently using force and threats to control the women in their lives.. ..

I know women who suffer verbal and even physical abuse from strangers in the street because they don't wear niqab. It would seem fair to assume that such abuse goes on much more commonly behind closed doors, too.

These restrictions will stop these instances of abuse by going some way towards normalising 'not wearing niqab', by providing good reasons to refuse to wear it beyond being an immodest harami. What well-meaning SJWs don't appreciate is that we have places where such normalisation is now necessary - but they don't have any in france, and now they won't have any in NL either.

These laws work, and I've yet to see a compelling argument against the NL law whereby people can still parade around as billboards for devout segregation and misogyny in the street if they insist, but they cannot walk into a school or metro station without being identifiable to those around them.

Citations please.

2) That these laws work.

Well lets see will we?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#147  Postby ED209 » May 26, 2015 4:13 pm

And even then people should be able to wear helmets and masks inside hospitals, schools and public transportation

That's easy to say when you have no responsibility for the safety of patients, children or passengers (not to mention staff and assets).
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#148  Postby HughMcB » May 26, 2015 4:17 pm

I live in Canada where periodically I have to leave the house looking like something out of mortal combat or I might get my nose frozen off. Would this sort of thing be illegal? Or are targeting a specific group'?

What happens if I want to put a shemag over my face in the hot summer months because my pasty Irish skin can only deal with clouds and 17 degrees?
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#149  Postby ED209 » May 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
ED209 wrote:

Citations please.

2) That these laws work.

Well lets see will we?

I think will believes that in places where it is prohibited or inconvenient to wear niqab such that the expectation on women to wear it is removed or at least reduced, then the fuckwits simply start haranguing all women, because none of them are wearing it :dunno:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#150  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:22 pm

HughMcB wrote:I live in Canada where periodically I have to leave the house looking like something out of mortal combat or I might get my nose frozen off. Would this sort of thing be illegal? Or are targeting a specific group'?

What happens if I want to put a shemag over my face in the hot summer months because my pasty Irish skin can only deal with clouds and 17 degrees?

You could wear that on the street but entering a building you would have to remove it.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#151  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

ED209 wrote:

And even then people should be able to wear helmets and masks inside hospitals, schools and public transportation

That's easy to say when you have no responsibility for the safety of patients, children or passengers (not to mention staff and assets).

and how exactly does it compromise the safety of any of those?
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#152  Postby ED209 » May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

HughMcB wrote:I live in Canada where periodically I have to leave the house looking like something out of mortal combat or I might get my nose frozen off. Would this sort of thing be illegal? Or are targeting a specific group'?

This has been covered countless times already.

You can wear what you like in the street, just not in public buildings. You have heating in your schools, yes?

On your second question, medical exemptions apply but pastiness might not qualify. Still, you have roofs on your public buildings so sufficient shade should be available when you are indoors or underground or whatever.
ED209

Print view this post

#153  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:

You could wear that on the street but entering a building you would have to remove it.

Why?

What about burn victims or people with deformities and disfigurations?
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#154  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:24 pm

willhud9 wrote:
ED209 wrote:

Oh come on Will. Do we have to state the obvious?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#155  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:25 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Why?

Reaching the bottom of the barrel Will?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#156  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 4:25 pm

ED209 wrote:

You can wear what you like in the street, just not in public buildings. You have heating in your schools, yes?

On your second question, medical exemptions apply but pastiness might not qualify. Still, you have roofs on your public buildings so sufficient shade should be available when you are indoors or underground or whatever.

And the reasoning behind the ban in public buildings is waffle at best. Again you can have security be authorized to check identification and thus the woman and/or person is allowed to place their head covering back on.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#157  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
ED209 wrote:

Oh come on Will. Do we have to state the obvious?

Funny thing about statements like this. It usually is a dodge to a question.

Care to actually answer the question? If I am asking it is not obvious. And if you think it is obvious you should easily be able to answer it. :coffee:
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#158  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 26, 2015 4:27 pm

willhud9 wrote:
ED209 wrote:

And the reasoning behind the ban in public buildings is waffle at best. Again you can have security be authorized to check identification and thus the woman and/or person is allowed to place their head covering back on.

Facial contact is required and have a guess for Will. These include social service offices.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#159  Postby willhud9 » May 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Why?

Reaching the bottom of the barrel Will?

Statements like these are also dodging the question.

If we allow face veils for reasons such as the above than we should allow face veils for other reasons since you cannot just start listing exceptions straight out of your asshole.

Again, neither your nor Ed have come forward to provide objective evidence why these bans need to be enacted.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#160  Postby HughMcB » May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Peter Brown wrote:The Burka is a message to you, it says I hate you, I want you dead I want Islam and Allah to dominate everything humans do, and we must follow every act Muhammad did. If you don't understand this simple message then you are as stupid as they are.

Thanks for the above. I now know not to bother with the rest of your comments.

I'll get more factual content from Zionism. :thumbup:
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs