Plain old Trump (inmate P01135809) Watch.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Plain old Trump (inmate P01135809) Watch.

#661  Postby Calilasseia » Mar 30, 2024 7:11 pm

Meanwhile, look what I found ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#662  Postby THWOTH » Mar 31, 2024 12:50 am

John Bolton says Trump doesn't have the brains for dictatorship.

He can always outsource his thinking though.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#663  Postby Arcanyn » Mar 31, 2024 2:23 am

Until the people he's outsourcing his thinking to decide to take his crown for themselves off of his bloodied corpse.

To survive long term as a dictator you've got to have the brains to stay one step ahead of all those sharks that are looking for the one moment of weakness they need to destroy you and take your place. Trump doesn't have that.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#664  Postby Calilasseia » Mar 31, 2024 5:03 pm

This, of course, is how Hitler clung to power as long as he did.

First, he chose as acolytes, individuals possessing key character defects enabling them to be kept on a leash.

Second, he arranged for those acolytes to be given overlapping responsibilities, and to have to fight each other to complete even the simplest of tasks.

As an example of the latter, when Hitler handed the job of Governor-General of Nazi occupied Poland to Hans Frank, he saw to it that Frank was locked in a constant struggle for authority with the SS and Police Leader Obergruppenführer Krüger.

Another example is provided by Konstantin von Neurath, chosen to govern Nazi occupied Czechoslovakia. Hitler originally chose this upper class conservative diplomat for the job as a means of distracting from opposition to the invasion of Czechoslovakia, but found him too lenient, so he then arranged for the SS and police in occupied Czechoslovakia to be run by the utterly vicious Reinhard Heydrich.

Heydrich, of course, allowed his arrogance and what would be termed today his "alpha male" swagger to override his basic common sense, leading to successful assassination of Heydrich by Czech resistance operatives assisted by the SOE. But Neurath was effectively checkmated over security policy and the use of brutal methods by the SS and SD, by Heydrich's direct intervention before the latter's death.

Somehow, Hitler managed for 12 years to maintain a tricky balance between putting in place figures who were competent enough to achieve objectives, but compromised enough to prevent their becoming effective competitors for power. How long this could have persisted had World War II not been a decisive historical factor is of course a matter of speculation.

But that's a balance every would be dictator has to strike, and without error, for a period of decades. One slip and the knives are out in earnest.

The only success Trump can point to, is loading the Supreme Court with corrupt Christian Nationalists who then overturned Roe vs Wade. Everything else he touched was a clusterfuck, because he simply never learned the basics of competent administration, and chose as acolytes figures who were little more than broken Furbys. Stuffing your administration with feeble yes men might eliminate the competition threat, but isn't sustainable even in the short term if said acolytes are even less use than a fishnet condom.

Of course, a future danger to watch out for, is someone who works out that eliminating other humans from your apparatus of government altogether, and replacing them with robots possessing the competence to administer, but zero ambition, solves all of these problems ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#665  Postby chango369 » Mar 31, 2024 6:03 pm

Trump's very special and heartwarming Easter message!
dt251.jpg
dt251.jpg (334.53 KiB) Viewed 372 times

dt252.jpg
dt252.jpg (36.38 KiB) Viewed 372 times
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#666  Postby Animavore » Apr 13, 2024 12:17 pm

Incompetence and corruption all the way down.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#667  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 13, 2024 5:41 pm

Meanwhile, here's the latest piece of toadying to his ego:

Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#668  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 17, 2024 1:33 am

Someone on another forum just provided me with this little gift, arising from the start of the "I paid money to hide my sex life from the voters" trial:

Trump Falls Asleep At His Trial LOL.jpeg
Trump Falls Asleep At His Trial LOL.jpeg (34.87 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#669  Postby Fenrir » Apr 17, 2024 3:39 am

This trial us not :

"I paid money to hide my sex life from the voters"

This trial is :

"I paid your money to hide my sex life from the voters, money you gave me specifically to do something else with and for which i had legal obligations."

Yes. I know everyone here knows that. Still annoys me when the media obfuscates it tho.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#670  Postby Alan C » Apr 18, 2024 9:43 am

It would appear that the Orange Jesus has once again violated a gag order, this time to target the jurors in the hush-money case. He shared a brainfart of Jesse Twatters alleging liberal radicals were infiltrating the jury pool.

I sure hope diaper-don gets some thoroughly deserved detention finally as a result.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#671  Postby Fenrir » Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm

Soooo.

He only lost the fraud case because there wasn't a jury.

And when he loses this one it will be because there was.

There is always someone to blame. Always. It's never Donnie.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#672  Postby The_Piper » Apr 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Alan C wrote:It would appear that the Orange Jesus has once again violated a gag order, this time to target the jurors in the hush-money case. He shared a brainfart of Jesse Twatters alleging liberal radicals were infiltrating the jury pool.

I sure hope diaper-don gets some thoroughly deserved detention finally as a result.

I am not expecting him to be held significantly accountable for violating the gag orders. Hopefully Fox gets sued again for this bullshit. Jesse Waters can't even do 3rd grade math btw. :picard:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#673  Postby chango369 » Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm

Someone decided to self-immolate outside the courthouse where Trump is a defendant in the election interference/falsifying business records case. Newsweek has published his manifesto.

Max Azzarello Manifesto About Lighting Himself on Fire at Trump Trial
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#674  Postby THWOTH » Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am

It's all going down in flames.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#675  Postby Alan C » Apr 20, 2024 10:34 am

From Mastodon;

NYCtrialJuror.jpeg
NYCtrialJuror.jpeg (74.39 KiB) Viewed 128 times

As the poster said, Diaper Don would have had to listen this sort of thing being read out.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#676  Postby THWOTH » Apr 20, 2024 10:37 am

That made me titter :)
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#677  Postby The_Piper » Apr 20, 2024 2:31 pm

chango369 wrote:Someone decided to self-immolate outside the courthouse where Trump is a defendant in the election interference/falsifying business records case. Newsweek has published his manifesto.

That's really sad. I tried to read his manifesto last night, but it was so boring I couldn't even focus on it. Granted I fell asleep at my desk minutes later. I'm blaming that on the busy day, not the manifesto.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#678  Postby Tortured_Genius » Apr 20, 2024 4:35 pm

The_Piper wrote:
chango369 wrote:Someone decided to self-immolate outside the courthouse where Trump is a defendant in the election interference/falsifying business records case. Newsweek has published his manifesto.

That's really sad. I tried to read his manifesto last night, but it was so boring I couldn't even focus on it. Granted I fell asleep at my desk minutes later. I'm blaming that on the busy day, not the manifesto.

Unsurprisingly, it's a whole slew of conspiracy theories that he "researched" on the internet. Sort of interesting to see how the real and imaginary have been woven together (Yes, crypto currencies are little more than Ponzi schemes backed by nothing. No, they are not run by the "New World Order"), but in the end just another deeply disturbed individual who's chased down too many rabbit holes. Not a Trump cultist apparently, just someone taking advantage of the concentration of press at the court.

Very sad in so many ways.
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#679  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Apr 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Alan C wrote:From Mastodon;

NYCtrialJuror.jpeg

As the poster said, Diaper Don would have had to listen this sort of thing being read out.

lol
how many didn’t raise their hands at the first question, just to have Dozy Don have to listen their Social Media posts?
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#680  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 24, 2024 11:14 pm

Oh this just got hilarious.

From this video clip, we learn that:

[1] TrUmp's CFO and other individuals colluded upon a conspiracy to hide the Stormy Daniels hush money payment by disguising it as income for Michael Cohen, and broke it down into detailed steps;

[2] Trump's CFO then wrote down on the actual financial document, real time notes he took of the details of the fraudulent disguising of the payment, in one of the margins;

[3] The prosecution obtained the original document with said handwriting upon it, and just exhibited it in open court.

This has to be the Trump crime empire's Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons moment.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs