President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#7941  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 16, 2017 9:11 am

Nicko wrote:
aban57 wrote:With all this, is there any chance his party decides to get rid of him ?

Doubt it and it wouldn't matter if it did.

Why/in what way wouldn't it matter?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7942  Postby aban57 » Jul 16, 2017 11:24 am

Because Pence would be worse ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#7943  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Pence is a lot things but he is not a narcissist.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7944  Postby purplerat » Jul 16, 2017 1:29 pm

My feelings on Pence taking over for Trump are mixed. On one hand, many of his policies are worse than Trump's. He's also more capable of getting his agenda through. On the other hand, he's not an idiot who we have to worry about starting WIII through twitter. He'd most likely be a competent president and even if you don't like his policies we'll all survive until the next guy.

The wild card could be how long we should expect either to be in office. If Trump is surely a 1 and done POTUS but Mike Pence might have a 10-year presidency might it be worth risking Trump for a couple more years?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7945  Postby chango369 » Jul 16, 2017 1:58 pm

chango369 wrote:Looks like Charles Krauthammer has had enough re the Trump JR thing. I found this clip somewhat out of character for Fox News.

We'll see how long this one lasts.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#7946  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm

As far as I can see and I am perfectly willing to change my mind, Pence is no worse than Trump.
In which case, one less nutter in charge is a plus in my book.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7947  Postby purplerat » Jul 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:As far as I can see and I am perfectly willing to change my mind, Pence is no worse than Trump.

I think Pence is worse because he's a true believer when it comes to right wing politics. Trump is just along for the ride and changes his mind with whichever way the wind is blowing. Pence would be much more focused and more capability of pushing his agenda through while Trump is, well, Trump.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7948  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 16, 2017 3:07 pm

purplerat wrote: Mike Pence might have a 10-year presidency might it be worth risking Trump for a couple more years?

4 years of Trump and then 8 of Pence is better?
Because I don't think the dems will have their shit together till the next election.
you might even face 8 years of Trump if the dems don't come up with a candidate that gets the GOP worried.
And then you might get 2 terms of Pence on top.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7949  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 16, 2017 3:50 pm

purplerat wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:As far as I can see and I am perfectly willing to change my mind, Pence is no worse than Trump.

I think Pence is worse because he's a true believer when it comes to right wing politics. Trump is just along for the ride and changes his mind with whichever way the wind is blowing. Pence would be much more focused and more capability of pushing his agenda through while Trump is, well, Trump.

Fair point.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7950  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote: Mike Pence might have a 10-year presidency might it be worth risking Trump for a couple more years?

Because I don't think the dems will have their shit together till the next election.
you might even face 8 years of Trump if the dems don't come up with a candidate that gets the GOP worried.

You're begging the question that the Dems not having their shit together will outweigh all the shite Trump will have managed to spew onto the US.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7951  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

You're begging the question that the Dems not having their shit together will outweigh all the shite Trump will have managed to spew onto the US.

close, the question is how much shit his supporters need to eat till they notice it's shit.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7952  Postby purplerat » Jul 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:

It's amazing how short people's memories are, acting like Clinton lost in a historic landslide. It's almost as if they are listening to Trump say he had the largest electoral win in 30 years while also winning the popular vote and believing him.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7953  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 16, 2017 4:59 pm

purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

It's amazing how short people's memories are, acting like Clinton lost in a historic landslide. It's almost as if they are listening to Trump say he had the largest electoral win in 30 years while also winning the popular vote and believing him.

He doesn't need to win in a landslide or win the popular vote; the GOP just needs to keep on gerrymandering.
Last edited by Agi Hammerthief on Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7954  Postby purplerat » Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

He doesn't need to win in a landslide or win the popular vote; the GOP just needs to keep on gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering has zero impact on presidential elections.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7955  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 16, 2017 5:07 pm

purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

So the electoral college is chosen entirely by popular vote in a state?
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7956  Postby purplerat » Jul 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:

In all but two states, yes. Maine and Nebraska do split their electoral votes but there's no indication of gerrymandering.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7957  Postby The_Piper » Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

I live in the part of Maine that chose Trump. :nono: Maine's bible belt.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7958  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 16, 2017 5:43 pm

purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

In all but two states, yes. Maine and Nebraska do split their electoral votes but there's no indication of gerrymandering.

right, I had the impression it's whoever wins the most districts in a state gets the delegates.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7959  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 17, 2017 8:20 am

purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

Is it done using PR then?

Of course not. Gerrymandering is every where in the American system. Three swing states was enough for Trump to get elected and we all know who arranged them. :whistle:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7960  Postby crank » Jul 17, 2017 9:08 am

chango369 wrote:
chango369 wrote:Looks like Charles Krauthammer has had enough re the Trump JR thing. I found this clip somewhat out of character for Fox News.

We'll see how long this one lasts.

Losing Krauthammer is not a good thing for a RWer. Same for FauxNews, when you see them becoming more anti-Trump than pro, the end is likely near for Trump.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs