President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

President Trump Watch.

#1  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 09, 2016 6:34 pm

I thought it is about time we moved on. Election over and lets watch him.

I wonder if he can handle the work load?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: President Trump Watch.

#2  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 09, 2016 6:54 pm

My first thought, after spending an hour screaming "fuck" at the top of my voice over this latest insanity, was to ask myself the following question:

"Does Theresa May have a contingency plan in place, in case the new President Trump tries to grab her pussy?"

Then I realised that she does. Namely, beat him over the head with her broomstick, then turn him into a toad.

Though if she ever does this, will anyone notice the difference, apart from the disappearance of the mutated caterpillar on the top of his head?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Warren Dew » Nov 09, 2016 7:26 pm

The thing that worries me the most is that Christie is going to manage the transition.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Beatsong » Nov 09, 2016 7:46 pm

That's what worries you the MOST?

Jesus. :picard:
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Corneel » Nov 09, 2016 7:52 pm

So what will be the first of his big promises he'll renege on? Building the border wall and have Mexico pay for it? Indict Clinton? Renegotiating NAFTA? Blow up the Iran nuclear deal?
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Nov 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Corneel* wrote:So what will be the first of his big promises he'll renege on? Building the border wall and have Mexico pay for it? Indict Clinton? Renegotiating NAFTA? Blow up the Iran nuclear deal?

No need:
http://www.the-postillon.com/2016/11/mexico-wall.html wrote:
Mexico City (dpo) - As soon as it became clear yesterday that Donald Trump would in fact occupy the White House, Mexico started building a giant wall along its border with the USA.

The ambitiously titled construction project "una pared para proteger contra Donald Trump" ("a wall to protect us from Donald Trump"), is intended to protect the country from the wave of refugees soon expected from the US.

* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Nov 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Trump appoints climate denialist to lead EPA transition (read; dismantling).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ransition/
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8  Postby tuco » Nov 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Corneel wrote:So what will be the first of his big promises he'll renege on? Building the border wall and have Mexico pay for it? Indict Clinton? Renegotiating NAFTA? Blow up the Iran nuclear deal?

Lets not forget .. bring China to table or something, that is what I am curious about, from all promises, most. I guess Mr Xi Jinping is on Valium right now.
Last edited by tuco on Nov 09, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuco

Print view this post

#9  Postby NamelessFaceless » Nov 09, 2016 8:08 pm

He's probably saying to himself "what the fuck did I just do!?"

J/K - no, I think he's going to defeat ISIS. J/K again!

He's probably just going to sneer about how great he is and all the terrific things he is going to do in the next four years. Amazing things. The best things. Believe me. Believe me. Really terrific things. Everyone is saying these are the most terrific things.

Meanwhile, the FBI uncovers Al-Qaeda plot to just sit back and enjoy collapse of the United States.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Warren Dew » Nov 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Corneel wrote:So what will be the first of his big promises he'll renege on? Building the border wall and have Mexico pay for it? Indict Clinton? Renegotiating NAFTA? Blow up the Iran nuclear deal?

Deporting 11 million illegal immigrants. He could do it but he probably doesn't want to. We'll be lucky if he deports half of them.
Warren Dew

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby Animavore » Nov 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Warren Dew wrote:

Deporting 11 million illegal immigrants. He could do it but he probably doesn't want to. We'll be lucky if he deports half of them.

You'll be lucky if there were even half that amount of illegal immigrants.

Also, America has had a serious illegal immigrant problem since Christopher Columbus.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#12  Postby chairman bill » Nov 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Everyone without North American ancestry of at least 1000 years, should be deported to Texas, and then the native Americans get to choose which ones they let back in.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Animavore wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

You'll be lucky if there were even half that amount of illegal immigrants.

Also, America has had a serious illegal immigrant problem since Christopher Columbus.

Actually since about 1000 AD.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Blackadder » Nov 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Warren Dew wrote:

Boy, that'll bring them blue collar jobs back to the rust belt. Yessiree <spit> dang!
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Blackadder wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

Boy, that'll bring them blue collar jobs back to the rust belt. Yessiree <spit> dang!

Yeah, no kidding.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 10, 2016 1:09 am

Normally I would roll my eyes at Scot's morbid fascination with American fatalism but in this case I think I'll be watching this space a lot. Trump has set himself up for a tall fucking order. It will be interesting seeing how he intends to deliver on the shit that is unconstitutional, unaffordable and violations of basic human rights, and the shit storm they would no doubt create.

Will Mr. Garrison be able to fuck them all in the ass?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby OlivierK » Nov 10, 2016 1:17 am

At least some of the unaffordable stuff will get done anyway.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Matt_B » Nov 10, 2016 4:18 am

Blackadder wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

They'll presumably need to recruit a lot of bus drivers. :grin:
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Alan C » Nov 10, 2016 4:46 am

Animavore wrote:Trump appoints climate denialist to lead EPA transition (read; dismantling).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ransition/

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Apparently he also said something along the lines of NASA being just a low-orbit logistics company. Yeah, because that's all they do.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#20  Postby DougC » Nov 10, 2016 5:44 am

An important thread.
Future researchers might use it to put together events before, what will become known as, the 'Readjustment'.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs