President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#21  Postby smudge » Nov 10, 2016 6:55 am

Alan C wrote:
Animavore wrote:Trump appoints climate denialist to lead EPA transition (read; dismantling).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ransition/

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Apparently he also said something along the lines of NASA being just a low-orbit logistics company. Yeah, because that's all they do.

:nono:
fuckfuckfuck....
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Rumraket » Nov 10, 2016 6:58 am

omfg. omfg. omfg.

DISASTER
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#23  Postby tuco » Nov 10, 2016 6:59 am

Hysterical
tuco

Print view this post

#24  Postby Acetone » Nov 10, 2016 7:28 am

Alan C wrote:
Animavore wrote:Trump appoints climate denialist to lead EPA transition (read; dismantling).

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ransition/

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Apparently he also said something along the lines of NASA being just a low-orbit logistics company. Yeah, because that's all they do.

Sounds like he wants to limit funding to NASA? Also.. he called it a 'company'... is it possible to entirely privatize NASA?
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby LucidFlight » Nov 10, 2016 7:47 am

Good. I hope Trump does privatise NASA. Maybe we can finally see a fall in ticket prices to Mars.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Rumraket » Nov 10, 2016 7:49 am

LucidFlight wrote:Good. I hope Trump does privatise NASA. Maybe we can finally see a fall in ticket prices to Mars.

Can't we just send Trump there? Not entirely human, but we've sent a Trumpanzee to Mars then.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#27  Postby KeenIdiot » Nov 10, 2016 8:13 am

KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Animavore » Nov 10, 2016 8:27 am

Ah yes. Carve out the natural resources to all this pals like the Koch Brothers. Go full steam ahead with pipelines through native lands. Deregulate. Cut red tape for the FDA, ie; deregulation for Big Pharma so they can pump out unapproved drugs. And so on....

But... But... Trump is anti-Wall Street. Am I right?

:rofl:

You've been fucking duped!
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#29  Postby KeenIdiot » Nov 10, 2016 8:58 am

Bad as the environmental and regulatory ideas are, I'm more concerned about the possible trade war.
Cripes, it seems like we really are looking to ourselves in as Russia did.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 10, 2016 9:43 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#31  Postby minininja » Nov 10, 2016 10:21 am

:coffee:
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Greyman » Nov 10, 2016 10:26 am

Rumraket wrote:Can't we just send Trump there? Not entirely human, but we've sent a Trumpanzee to Mars then.
Now, now. Don't be mean. What ever did Mars do to you?
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
Greyman

Name: Graham

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Corneel » Nov 10, 2016 10:30 am

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/09/sarah_palin_being_considered_for_i_can_t_even_finish_this_sentence.html
That after rumors that John Bolton or Newt Gingrinch are being considered for Secretary of State and Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie for AG.

This is for you, USA:

You're gonna need it.
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 10, 2016 11:24 am

Will Donald Trump destroy America?

With Democrats defeated and Republicans scared to step out of line, Donald Trump’s control over the three branches of the US government means this horror show hasn’t yet begun

Always quick to get to the point, social media came up with an instant distillation of the global response to the improbable, unsettling election of Donald Trump as president of the United States: #RIPAmerica.

That hashtag declared that we had witnessed something more than a simple change of government. (Such a slogan would not have circulated had Mitt Romney beaten Barack Obama in 2012.) Instead, it implied that Trump had not merely taken over the running of the United States for four years, but that his presidency represented a much darker threat – that it would, in fact, destroy the country.

Of course, Twitter is prone to the hyperbolic and hysterical. But more sober commentators were raising a similar prospect, albeit in not quite such stark terms. David Remnick, the editor of the New Yorker, spoke for many when he wrote: “The election of Donald Trump to the presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, a tragedy for the constitution, and a … sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy … It is impossible to react to this moment with anything less than revulsion and profound anxiety.” For the millions who shared that sentiment, dawn on Wednesday felt like mourning in America.

What they fear is that Trump will make good on all the promises – and threats – he made during these last 18 months. What if he goes ahead and deports 11.3 million undocumented migrants? What if he really does ban all Muslims entering the country? What if he tries to use the powers of the state to go after media organisations that have criticised him – making life difficult for the businesses that own inquisitive newspapers such as the Washington Post, for example – as he has said he will? What if he overturns abortion rights, even imposing “some form of punishment” on a woman who terminates a pregnancy, as he once suggested? And what if he really does build that wall?

More...

Is it just me but this is my picture of the future. The guy is mentally ill.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#35  Postby mrjonno » Nov 10, 2016 11:32 am

It could be worse

or maybe not
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 10, 2016 11:33 am

Thats the problem even a watered down Trump programme would be terrible never mind a full blown one.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Sendraks » Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Thats the problem even a watered down Trump programme would be terrible never mind a full blown one.

True that. The EPA stuff is already worrying enough, even moderate social reforms across other areas (marriage equality, access to abortion) will set America back decades.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#38  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 10, 2016 11:38 am

Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Thats the problem even a watered down Trump programme would be terrible never mind a full blown one.

True that. The EPA stuff is already worrying enough, even moderate social reforms across other areas (marriage equality, access to abortion) will set America back decades.

I agree. His programme is so extreme even pulling it back to anything approaching normality will be a very brave act indeed.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Animavore » Nov 10, 2016 11:42 am

That Trump will ban Muslims has disappeared from his website.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 08466.html
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#40  Postby chairman bill » Nov 10, 2016 11:53 am

That's a great 100 day plan. Nobody does 100 day plans better than Donald J Trump, that I can tell you. And that wall. It will be a great wall. Nobody pays for a great wall better than the Mexicans. Oh, hang on. Why should the Mexicans pay for his fucking wall? What makes him think they'll pay for his fucking wall? Señor Trump, eres un pendejo. ¡Cogete un burro!
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs