President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#8161  Postby Teague » Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Sen. Lindsey Graham: “There will be holy hell to pay” if Trump fires Sessions

This week, President Donald Trump has repeatedly attacked his Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Twitter, White House administrators have affirmed the president’s “frustration” with Sessions — and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has had enough. “If Jeff Sessions is fired,” Graham told reporters Thursday, according to video taken by NBC News, “there will be holy hell to pay.”

Graham warned reporters on Capitol Hill: “This effort to basically marginalize and humiliate the attorney general is not going over well in the Senate. I don't think it's going over well in the conservative world. If you believe Jeff Sessions should be fired, use the power you have and accept the consequences. I hope it stops. I'm 100 percent behind Jeff Sessions.”

“Any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, unless Mueller did something wrong,” Graham added.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... s-sessions
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8162  Postby Teague » Jul 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Shots fired! Trumps in trouble and the GOP are turning on him :lol:
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8163  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jul 28, 2017 4:31 pm

willhud9 wrote:Listening to Mitch McConnell whine about how the Democrats refused to engage in serious discussions about healthcare is disgusting.

The comparison of the two speeches at the end of the vote between Mitch and Chuck were like of a child and an adult.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8164  Postby crank » Jul 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Pulsar wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon

He started by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. It escalated from there.

[...]

“Who leaked that to you?” he asked. I said I couldn’t give him that information. He responded by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. “What I’m going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we’ll start over,” he said. [...] “You’re an American citizen, this is a major catastrophe for the American country. So I’m asking you as an American patriot to give me a sense of who leaked it.”

[...]

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “[...] Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

[...]

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

Ho-lee fuck. This guy is totally insane :shock:

I'm surprised this hasn't got more reaction. Scaramucci is the effing White House Communications Director. Using such language to a reporter, in other words, speaking for the president to some extent, is just stunning, the drop in standards reaches precipitous magnitude. I usually laugh at people who get offended by such language, and I'm not offended, it's how sharply this degrades basic standards. It's simply not done, it's tantamount to someone blowing their nose on the tablecloth at a formal meal or maybe even peeing in a pot plant in the corner between courses.

Plus, it's almost as stark how he went after others in the admin, and of such high status. Again, this simply isn't done, you hear this and can't believe it.

And of course, there is the incredible implications, of how badly in disarray, and how seriously dysfunctional, this admin is. There can be no doubt the admin is teetering on collapse. The embarrassing loss, for the ??th go, at ACA reform/repeal/whatever, is pushing it that much faster into oblivion.

Trump should be known as the SNAFU president. Mayne better the SNAFUBAR president.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8165  Postby purplerat » Jul 28, 2017 5:10 pm

crank wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon

He started by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. It escalated from there.

[...]

“Who leaked that to you?” he asked. I said I couldn’t give him that information. He responded by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. “What I’m going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we’ll start over,” he said. [...] “You’re an American citizen, this is a major catastrophe for the American country. So I’m asking you as an American patriot to give me a sense of who leaked it.”

[...]

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “[...] Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

[...]

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

Ho-lee fuck. This guy is totally insane :shock:

I'm surprised this hasn't got more reaction.

Huh, this thing has been running 1 and 1A with the health care vote since yesterday. There's been a ton of reaction to this. Which is exactly what I think they wanted. This is a diversion to take eyes off all the other shit that is going on with the administration and the failed ACA repeal.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8166  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jul 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the Mooch here technically doing exactly the same level and type of leaking that he is ranting about? Shouldn't he be firing himself?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8167  Postby crank » Jul 28, 2017 9:23 pm

It seems Rancid got scaramuccied off.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8168  Postby Pulsar » Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

crank wrote:I'm surprised this hasn't got more reaction.

I'm surprised the Browder testimony hasn't gotten more reaction. Everyone should read the draft of his statement. It's the most comprehensive account of what lies at the heart of the Russia saga: Putin has accumulated an estimated $200 billion through nefarious actions, and stored most of it in Western banks. The Magnitsky Act has frozen those assets, and Putin is trying to get this ban lifted by any means. That's what the meeting with Donald Jr was about, and there have been many other similar meetings with US officials.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8169  Postby Pulsar » Jul 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Scaramucci's wife files for divorce

What a week :rofl:

Edit: best comment I've read:

Guess he's going to have to suck his own cock now.
Last edited by Pulsar on Jul 28, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8170  Postby Pulsar » Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8171  Postby theropod » Jul 28, 2017 10:00 pm

This is either going to end in a broken country or some people are going to jail. When the chief of staff isn't really the chief of staff one wonders if any of them are actually serving in the roles they are assigned. Is the secretary of defense working on housing and urban development? How fucked up can this get before the wheels come completely off?

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8172  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jul 28, 2017 10:32 pm

So Rinsed Pubis is out. The general is in.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8173  Postby purplerat » Jul 28, 2017 10:48 pm

theropod wrote:This is either going to end in a broken country or some people are going to jail. When the chief of staff isn't really the chief of staff one wonders if any of them are actually serving in the roles they are assigned. Is the secretary of defense working on housing and urban development? How fucked up can this get before the wheels come completely off?

RS

Well apparently the Secretary of Interior was working on health care so you're not too far off.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... kas-senato
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8174  Postby felltoearth » Jul 28, 2017 10:57 pm

purplerat wrote:
theropod wrote:This is either going to end in a broken country or some people are going to jail. When the chief of staff isn't really the chief of staff one wonders if any of them are actually serving in the roles they are assigned. Is the secretary of defense working on housing and urban development? How fucked up can this get before the wheels come completely off?

RS

Well apparently the Secretary of Interior was working on health care so you're not too far off.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... kas-senato

"I don't think it's wise to be operating on a daily basis thinking about what a statement or a response that causes you to be fearful of your electoral prospects," Murkowski said on MSNBC. "We're here to govern."

How refreshing.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#8175  Postby KeenIdiot » Jul 28, 2017 11:53 pm

RS

Could be both.
My mother, for example, is absolutely certain that all this stuff is simply a plot against Trump by various evil forces.
She isn't alone in this, from listening to the people around me and looking at online posts on discussion boards.
These people won't be swayed if Trump is charged, it'll be all fake news and the striking down if America's last great leader.
And as I've found myself wondering more and more lately, then what?
Trump has given a huge shot in the arm to a lot of groups in the US who felt disenfranchised.
From common folks who see their work disappearing and have been handed the scapegoat of immigrants and Muslims, to the Klan and NeoNazis that o have now seen actively trying to recruit.
The later is anecdotal, of course.
I've also seen a surprising number of his supporters who are for creating barriers to vote, like levels of wealth or personal history.
Makes me worried.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8176  Postby Tero » Jul 28, 2017 11:54 pm

RS

It's not even a White House, It's a clown car. All the clowns are the same.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#8177  Postby chango369 » Jul 29, 2017 12:30 am

America waiting for Trump's impeachment.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#8178  Postby crank » Jul 29, 2017 12:38 am

Pulsar wrote:
crank wrote:I'm surprised this hasn't got more reaction.

I'm surprised the Browder testimony hasn't gotten more reaction. Everyone should read the draft of his statement. It's the most comprehensive account of what lies at the heart of the Russia saga: Putin has accumulated an estimated $200 billion through nefarious actions, and stored most of it in Western banks. The Magnitsky Act has frozen those assets, and Putin is trying to get this ban lifted by any means. That's what the meeting with Donald Jr was about, and there have been many other similar meetings with US officials.

You can line a lot of pockets with that kind of money. Shit, you can turn them into deep ones. And have enough left over for your's to still be pretty effing deep too. Wouldn't that make him about 2 Gates and a Buffett?
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#8179  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jul 29, 2017 1:32 am

Wait, is Trump now telling police that he wants more brutality from them?
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8180  Postby Alan C » Jul 29, 2017 2:06 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:Wait, is Trump now telling police that he wants more brutality from them?

Indeed, although it seems he left that bit out when sharing some of the speech on his twittler page.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs