President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9921  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

In the meantime, here's an article that really does sum up what a twat Trump is ... from the end of that article, a classic put down ...

It was always going to be Christmas in chaos. Flynn is just the special ornament on our national tree of trauma. You’ll remember that in between torpedoing negotiations on keeping the government open and that eerie party, the president also celebrated the season by sending an angry foreign policy tweet to the wrong address.

Trump’s attempt to yell at British Prime Minister Theresa May wound up mailed to Theresa May Scrivener, a normal British mom who seemed worried that “the world’s most powerful man managed to press the wrong button.”

As are we all.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9922  Postby Rumraket » Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Not content with the inital signal, Trump sets yet more fire to the kindling:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/06/trump-recognise-jerusalem-israel-capital-move-us-embassy-white-house

Donald Trump to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move US embassy

Officials confirm that US president will break with decades of diplomacy in a move many warn will trigger unrest in the region
Donald Trump will declare formal recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel on Wednesday, the White House has said, breaking with years of precedent and potentially leading to unpredictable consequences for the Middle East.

This is pretty sure to ignite a lot of tensions in the middle east. I can't help but feel this is the very worst attempt at instigating violence between Israel and it's neighbors, and in every concievable way plays into the hands of all the bad parties in the world. Neo-nazis, russia, ISIS and other fundamentalits islamists, weapons manufacturers, fundamentalist christians, neo-cons etc. etc.

Absolutely no good will come of this. Trump truly is the absolute clusterfuck president above them all. I'm genuinely depressed by his presidency and I live neither in the US or middle east.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#9923  Postby Thommo » Dec 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Rumraket wrote:I'm genuinely depressed by his presidency and I live neither in the US or middle east.

Or Mexico.

Or South Korea.

Or North Korea.

Or...

The guy is like a reverse Midas. Everything he touches turns to shit.
Thommo

Print view this post

#9924  Postby Pebble » Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm

The reaction in Saudi should be the one to watch. With Syria, Iraq and Egypt out of the loop, there may be little ability to aggravate the US. While the leadership in Saudi will just roll over, the populace may not be so forgiving.
As for the rest, just expect more instability and increased terrorist support, boosts US arms sales I suppose.
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9925  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Trouble being, of course, that after we've had a generation of US presidents trying (and with chequered success) to try and bring peace to the Middle East, we now have one who seems hell-bent on starting a whole new fucking war in the Middle East, by pandering to the most intransigent and fascist-leaning parts of the Israeli political landscape.

Worse still, this, rather than the shitfest in North Korea, could be the beginning of the ignition of World War III. Possibly starting with an exchange of Israeli and Iranian nuclear weapons, which then sucks in Russia, the moment any of those weapons go astray and hit a target that's of interest to Putin. At that point, it's Game Fucking Over.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9926  Postby MarkS » Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm

I think he is looking at 2020. Don't evangelicals have something about Jerusalem and end times? Maybe he is hamfistedly trying to distract jewish people from his ambivalence about fascist marchers. I think his whole focus is on making sure he gets re- elected, because defeat would mean he had been publically beaten by someone. And he can't abide that. Trump must always win.

edit: grammar
“Commander Vimes didn't like the phrase 'The innocent have nothing to fear', believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like 'The innocent have nothing to fear'.”
MarkS

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9927  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Dec 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Trouble being, of course, that after we've had a generation of US presidents trying (and with chequered success) to try and bring peace to the Middle East, we now have one who seems hell-bent on starting a whole new fucking war in the Middle East, by pandering to the most intransigent and fascist-leaning parts of the Israeli political landscape.

Worse still, this, rather than the shitfest in North Korea, could be the beginning of the ignition of World War III. Possibly starting with an exchange of Israeli and Iranian nuclear weapons, which then sucks in Russia, the moment any of those weapons go astray and hit a target that's of interest to Putin. At that point, it's Game Fucking Over.

Sadly none of the involved parties are smart enough to realize that the best way to piss Trump off is probbably to simply ignore him.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#9928  Postby Pebble » Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
Sadly none of the involved parties are smart enough to realize that the best way to piss Trump off is probbably to simply ignore him.

While ignoring Dumpf is attractive, especially since his primary objective here is probably deflecting attention from the FBI investigation, fucking with the ME and re-energising ISIS or some offshoot is not something that can be ignored.
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9929  Postby Seabass » Dec 07, 2017 12:39 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#9930  Postby james1v » Dec 07, 2017 1:15 am

So, that's the inhabitants of Jerusalem sorted and secured for the future, or is it? The idiot genuinely believes it is. The blind leading the bling.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9931  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Dec 07, 2017 5:11 am

Pebble wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

While ignoring Dumpf is attractive, especially since his primary objective here is probably deflecting attention from the FBI investigation, fucking with the ME and re-energising ISIS or some offshoot is not something that can be ignored.

someone dub a 20th anniversary edition of "wag the dog" in arabic, might help
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#9932  Postby Rumraket » Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

MarkS wrote:I think he is looking at 2020. Don't evangelicals have something about Jerusalem and end times?

Yep. I have a scary suspicion that Pence is in part behind this with his fatuous "born-again" evangelical christian fundamentalism.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#9933  Postby theropod » Dec 07, 2017 11:21 am

Coked out of his mind. Numb mouth and slurred speech with sniffles.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9934  Postby NamelessFaceless » Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Fucking Trump is coming to my town tomorrow. Why the fuck is he still campaigning here? We're not in Alabama!
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9935  Postby willhud9 » Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Because Pensacola is one of the most fundamentalist towns in the country?
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9936  Postby Shrunk » Dec 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Dumbass:

Donald Trump Jr. on Wednesday cited attorney-client privilege to avoid telling lawmakers about a conversation he had with his father, President Donald Trump, after news broke this summer that the younger Trump — and top campaign brass — had met with Russia-connected individuals in Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

Though neither Trump Jr. nor the president is an attorney, Trump Jr. told the House Intelligence Committee that there was a lawyer in the room during the discussion, according to the committee’s top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California. Schiff said he didn’t think it was a legitimate invocation of attorney-client privilege.

“I don’t believe you can shield communications between individuals merely by having an attorney present,” he said, after the committee’s lengthy interview with Trump Jr. “That’s not the purpose of attorney-client privilege.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ons-284841
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9937  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Shrunk wrote:Dumbass:

Donald Trump Jr. on Wednesday cited attorney-client privilege to avoid telling lawmakers about a conversation he had with his father, President Donald Trump, after news broke this summer that the younger Trump — and top campaign brass — had met with Russia-connected individuals in Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

Though neither Trump Jr. nor the president is an attorney, Trump Jr. told the House Intelligence Committee that there was a lawyer in the room during the discussion, according to the committee’s top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California. Schiff said he didn’t think it was a legitimate invocation of attorney-client privilege.

“I don’t believe you can shield communications between individuals merely by having an attorney present,” he said, after the committee’s lengthy interview with Trump Jr. “That’s not the purpose of attorney-client privilege.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ons-284841

It won't work with Mueller.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9938  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 07, 2017 7:06 pm

He was about as valid as saying there was an attorney in the building.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9939  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Dec 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Willie71 wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Willie71 wrote:It’s all distraction, smoke and mirrors. Keep us fighting amongst ourselves, rather than banding together, organizing, and overthrowing the assholes.

Overthrowing who?

The corrupt politicians.

Yes, I agree. The comic just seemed to suggest that overthrowing these politicians was the wrong focus. That the rich fuckers were the ones we needed to overthrow.

But these rich psychopaths will always buy politicians if they can, so we need to find politicians who can't be bought.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#9940  Postby NamelessFaceless » Dec 07, 2017 7:41 pm

willhud9 wrote:Because Pensacola is one of the most fundamentalist towns in the country?

Yeah, maybe, but we still can't vote in Alabama. The venue is right down the street from my office.

Shit. I just looked at the list of street closures. I'm going to be stuck here!
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs