The Clinton Victory Thread

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Clinton Victory Thread

#1761  Postby quas » Jul 21, 2016 2:15 am

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
quas wrote:
You know why there is no third-party candidate for this election? Don't answer that.

You're right. You wouldn't like the answer. Because your rhetorical question assumes something that is false.
Because I don't even know why. But all I know is that if a third-party candidate can exist, then it would have existed already!
So why hasn't it?

There are currently at least four Presidential candidates for 2016. There IS a third-party candidate. And a fourth-party candidate.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post because it all seems to rely on your false assumption that there are only two Presidential candidates.

The top four Presidential candidates for 2016 are:
Clinton (D)
Trump (R)
Stein (G)
Johnson (L)

And you use Yahoo, Myspace and Blackberry.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#1762  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Jul 21, 2016 3:56 am

quas wrote:
And you use Yahoo, Myspace and Blackberry.

:roll:
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1763  Postby Teague » Jul 21, 2016 12:08 pm

quas wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:Not voting doesn't change the system. It simply silences your voice even further than voting for a candidate that doesn't make you moist would. Unless you could orchestrate a total voting boycott, and you can't, all that would happen is that one of the candidates you dislike would win anyway. At the very least, rather than choosing not to vote, you should vote for a third-party candidate. Once third-party candidates get above a certain threshold of votes, it could at least be expected to force a change in the way things operate. A viable third party might help things normalize to Center rather than allowing the continued veer to the Left and/or Right that we've been seeing.

You know why there is no third-party candidate for this election? Don't answer that.
Because I don't even know why. But all I know is that if a third-party candidate can exist, then it would have existed already!
So why hasn't it?

At present time, the public is too divided, and there's never going to be enough voice to attain a third-candidate. Why is the public divided? I don't know why. What I do know is that Hillary supporters hate Trump and Sanders, Sanders supporters hate Hillary and Trump, and Trump supporters hate Hillary and Sanders.

But I don't believe it's that divisive. Between this three-way hate triangle, you can find a three-way love triangle. Which is to say, the public can be united to find a common interest in boycotting this election. Maybe that sounds crazy, but then again the third-party candidate was never sane enough to be viable. Desperate times: what choice do you have left?

There is a third party though, it's all the people that aren't part of the GOP/DEMS - Independents.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1764  Postby quas » Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Teague wrote:
quas wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:Not voting doesn't change the system. It simply silences your voice even further than voting for a candidate that doesn't make you moist would. Unless you could orchestrate a total voting boycott, and you can't, all that would happen is that one of the candidates you dislike would win anyway. At the very least, rather than choosing not to vote, you should vote for a third-party candidate. Once third-party candidates get above a certain threshold of votes, it could at least be expected to force a change in the way things operate. A viable third party might help things normalize to Center rather than allowing the continued veer to the Left and/or Right that we've been seeing.

So why hasn't it?

At present time, the public is too divided, and there's never going to be enough voice to attain a third-candidate. Why is the public divided? I don't know why. What I do know is that Hillary supporters hate Trump and Sanders, Sanders supporters hate Hillary and Trump, and Trump supporters hate Hillary and Sanders.

But I don't believe it's that divisive. Between this three-way hate triangle, you can find a three-way love triangle. Which is to say, the public can be united to find a common interest in boycotting this election. Maybe that sounds crazy, but then again the third-party candidate was never sane enough to be viable. Desperate times: what choice do you have left?

There is a third party though, it's all the people that aren't part of the GOP/DEMS - Independents.

Independents are like Yahoo, Myspace and Blackberry. Which is to say, they might as well not exist.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#1765  Postby Teague » Jul 21, 2016 1:56 pm

quas wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:

So why hasn't it?

Independents are like Yahoo, Myspace and Blackberry. Which is to say, they might as well not exist.

LOL perhaps, or maybe they've just never been galvanised before. There's already enough people who are sick of dems/gop just need to get a message out there. It would help of course if the people who voted against their best interests woke the fuck up too.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1766  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Teague wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: compressed
quas wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:

So why hasn't it?

LOL perhaps, or maybe they've just never been galvanised before. There's already enough people who are sick of dems/gop just need to get a message out there. It would help of course if the people who voted against their best interests woke the fuck up too.

:this: :nod:
A ridiculously low turnout at the polls would be the loudest possible message the electorate could send.
That would be best. Second best would be to vote Trump. Absurd though this may seem on the surface, it may just be what America (and the world) needs. Castor oil tastes awful, but it is a good laxative.
:shifty:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1767  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Jul 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:
Teague wrote:

A ridiculously low turnout at the polls would be the loudest possible message the electorate could send.
That would be best. Second best would be to vote Trump. Absurd though this may seem on the surface, it may just be what America (and the world) needs. Castor oil tastes awful, but it is a good laxative.

This is bizarre. Third parties aren't viable, so the solution is not to vote, or to vote for the worst possible of the two main party candidates? Whatever happened to voting for the party you want to be viable?
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1768  Postby Willie71 » Jul 21, 2016 3:02 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:

This is bizarre. Third parties aren't viable, so the solution is not to vote, or to vote for the worst possible of the two main party candidates? Whatever happened to voting for the party you want to be viable?

I tend to agree with you, but the problem is there is so much pressure to vote the lesser of two evils. People could quite easily overthrow the Dems and republicans this election, but fear or ignorance prevents people from coordinating their efforts. How many people have posted that voting third party is the same as voting for Trump? Do the math. Voting third party leaves Clinton and trump with the same number of votes. It doesn't give trump another vote, but this simple math is lost on people. Voting third party has the same effect as not voting at all on trump and Clinton. Neither gets an additional vote when you go third party or don't vote.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1769  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 3:07 pm

"Viable" is no longer an option. If the Democrat war party can offer nothing better than a disgusting sociopath as its person of choice... and "revolutionary" Bernie Sanders goes ahead to endorse that person, then you're all out of viable options.
Then you may as well elect a buffoon to the highest office in the country, because ...who knows(?)... that buffoon may be just the reset that America and the world needs.

The danger of US/NATO brinkmanship with Russia is, I think, being underestimated.
In typical shitheaded fashion, Hillary has already shown her disdain for Vladimir Putin. As bad as US-Russia relations have been under Obama, they'll likely be worse under Hillary.
If it's a choice between a deranged banshee and a narcissistic clown, then FFS vote for the clown!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1770  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Willie71 wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
Teague wrote:

I tend to agree with you, but the problem is there is so much pressure to vote the lesser of two evils. People could quite easily overthrow the Dems and republicans this election, but fear or ignorance prevents people from coordinating their efforts. How many people have posted that voting third party is the same as voting for Trump? Do the math. Voting third party leaves Clinton and trump with the same number of votes. It doesn't give trump another vote, but this simple math is lost on people. Voting third party has the same effect as not voting at all on trump and Clinton. Neither gets an additional vote when you go third party or don't vote.

I agree!
This is why I'm in the process of changing my stance.
Vote Trump!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1771  Postby Willie71 » Jul 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Mike_L wrote:"Viable" is no longer an option. If the Democrat war party can offer nothing better than a disgusting sociopath as its person of choice... and "revolutionary" Bernie Sanders goes ahead to endorse that person, then you're all out of viable options.
Then you may as well elect a buffoon to the highest office in the country, because ...who knows(?)... that buffoon may be just the reset that America and the world needs.

The danger of US/NATO brinkmanship with Russia is, I think, being underestimated.
In typical shitheaded fashion, Hillary has already shown her disdain for Vladimir Putin. As bad as US-Russia relations have been under Obama, they'll likely be worse under Hillary.
If it's a choice between a deranged banshee and a narcissistic clown, then FFS vote for the clown!

I see the logic in this. It's a risky option, but as Purplerat pointed out elsewhere, the constitution will prevent implementation of the most vitriolic BS, where Clinton's wars and corporate sell outs would be embraced. By that logic, Trump us the lesser of the two evils. The Dems need a reminder that they are supposed to represent people, not corporations.
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1772  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 3:12 pm

:nod:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1773  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Sorry Mike you have been suckling on the anti-Clinton tit too long.

Trump is a walking disaster for the world. If you cant see that well I am sorry. Over every politician there is tittle tattle but if you believe all the shit that BernieBros has put out well that is for you to decide.

I hope she will win and I think she will for the good of the world.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1774  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Sorry Mike you have been suckling on the anti-Clinton tit too long.

Trump is a walking disaster for the world. If you cant see that well I am sorry. Over every politician there is tittle tattle but if you believe all the shit that BernieBros has put out well that is for you to decide.

Bernie lost my support when he endorsed the sanguinary sociopath.
Hillary won't be good for the world. At best, she'll be good for the 1%. At worst, she'll be the end of us all.
Trump is an oaf. But, relative to Hillary, he's probably a benign oaf.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1775  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Sorry Mike you have been suckling on the anti-Clinton tit too long.

Hillary won't be good for the world. At best, she'll be good for the 1%. At worst, she'll be the end of us all.

No Mike is is far from benign. He is a dangerous ignorant git. Clinton will not drastically change anything and might move the log jam in Congress. Trump could not care about governing. He would ponce around playing president and upsetting most of the world while making the 1% richer.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1776  Postby Teague » Jul 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:
Teague wrote:

No, I can see where you're coming from but no, the answer is to to something, not nothing and that is to get off ur ass and get out there to support the revolution. Keep an eye on Sanders as he has plans to take it further and join in. They already had the most people arrested for civil disobedience a couple of months back (including a great picture of "liberty" being arrested LOL). Join in on the movement and educate people on how corrupt it is - remember, most of the country want the same things so it's not like you have to convince everyone.

A stronger message would be to turnout and spoil your vote by writing SANDERS over it.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1777  Postby Teague » Jul 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Mike_L wrote:

Well who on earth did u thi nk he was going to endorse, Trump? Sanders can see the shit that would be caused if he didn't back clinton and Trump got in. He is looking out for the people by endorsing her (he also got Social Security increased, $15 an hour and His education policy so you can all thank him later when those go through).

So Sanders fights for 40 years for you and ur sacking him just like that? Do you have any objectivity?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1778  Postby Mike_L » Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Clinton will not drastically change anything...

Therein lies the problem. And that's a best case scenario!

Scot Dutchy wrote:Trump could not care about governing. He would ponce around playing president...

That might be a good thing. Along the lines of "less is more".

Scot Dutchy wrote:...while making the 1% richer.

I don't think so. Trump does not appeal to the 1%. His support base is among disillusioned working-class Americans... those who are thoroughly sick of the Washington establishment.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#1779  Postby Shrunk » Jul 21, 2016 3:51 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
Teague wrote:
quas wrote:

I cited this article in another thread, but did not quote what might be the most on-point passage (emphasis mine):

These same people, at the same time, said that George Bush was so manifestly obviously terrible that he would bring the revolution if he got himself elected somehow. They didn’t say this about Gore, he wouldn’t bring the revolution. They’re exactly the same, exactly as awful, but one would bring the revolution and one wouldn’t. Which means they weren't exactly the same and they weren't equally awful.

And we're hearing the same thing now about Hillary and Donald. That they’re both equally awful. They're both equally terrible, corrupt two party system, fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. Fuck them both, fuck both their houses! Vote for Jill Stein!

And if Donald should get elected, oh he’s so terrible, so much worse than the equally awful Hillary Clinton, that his election will bring the revolution.

It's bullshit.

The revolution did not come in 2000 when George W. Bush got close enough to winning to steal the White House. It will not come if Donald J. Trump gets his ass elected.

Disaster will come. And the people who’ll suffer are not going to be the pasty white Green Party supporters — pasty white Jill Stein and her pasty white supporters. The people who’ll suffer are going to be people of color. People of minority faiths. Queer people. Women.

That privilege thing can turn up in places you don't expect, can't it?
Last edited by Shrunk on Jul 21, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1780  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jul 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Trump can never be a good thing.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs