Turkish Footballers Who Chased 250% Return Left With ‘Empty

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Turkish Footballers Who Chased 250% Return Left With ‘Empty

#1  Postby aliihsanasl » Nov 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Turkish Footballers Who Chased 250% Return Left With ‘Empty Bag’

A bank manager in Turkey lured prominent footballers into handing over their life savings by promising outsized returns, according to court documents that detail a secretive operation involving bags full of cash changing hands at candy shops and suspicious investors using tracking devices to trace their money.

Players including ex-Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan have accused Secil Erzan, the manager of a Denizbank AS branch, of orchestrating the $44 million ponzi scheme in 2022, according to an indictment filed in an Istanbul court last week

How naive or ignorant someone have to be to hand millions of dollars in a restaurant just because she's bank manager.

Easy come easy go, greedy high earning expectation's result.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: Turkish Footballers Who Chased 250% Return Left With ‘Empty

#2  Postby tuco » Nov 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Indeed, how is it even possible?

Check this out .. watching the guy from here: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... l#p2803075 I watched another of his vids:

How did the Venture Capital backed co-working company, end up as the biggest financial bonfire in Venture Capital history?

I don't know what to think of it. Are they idiots? And if they are idiots, how can they be so rich?
tuco

Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs